Dev blog: Moon mining revamped - There’s Ore in Them Thar Moons

This data isn’t normalized per player, which makes it a poor comparison for this purpose.

Okay in your mind: how are lowsec groups - at the current time, with the coming mechanics - are going to retain any form of meaningful income? We don’t have Super Building, we don’t have super crazy Afk ratting, we don’t have incentives to do any meaningful amount of mining and so on and on and on. How exactly is CCP not driving us strongly towards challenging Sov in Null to not be ■■■■■■ over in every single economical way?

• Edit: or of course: going to J-Space.

So you are saying Nullsec populus is 70 times that of Lowsec? That’s not true.

That’s for you to figure out. Spoonfeeding you this answer would compromise our own finances, which we have tailored to completely disregard moongoo income if the realities of the implementation make it infeasible for alliance-level income.

You’ve had five years to figure this out.

I don’t actually know what the percentage of lowsec vs nullsec players are. However, since the MER data isn’t normalized for this, we can’t draw a meaningful conclusion.

Querns is posting an awful lot today. In unrelated news Sean Spicer quit as Trumps spokesprrson.

Hmmmmm…

:wink:

5 Likes

You are not supposed to be on an even footing with null sec. If you want to be on an even footing, you have to join in our pool and play with the same rules as us instead of staying in the other pool with the different rule set. The SOV thing, the bubbles thing, the lack of NPC station (pending implementation of course but it’s announced).

I get it that it’s not for everyone and that completely fine that you want to play in the sandbox your own way but you can’t expect the game to be set so your choice offer the same end as ours.

Lol, did you say “tailored”. If by that you refer to the absolutetly insane ISK faucet of afk ratting, you are just lucky that CCP doesn’t seem to care enough about it to finally nerf it into the ground.

He said tailored for no moon-goo income at alliance level, not lower ratting income at alliance level.

There are currently 26000 people logged in. Assuming Highsec would be empty apart from Amarr and Jita, it would leave Lowsec with less than 350 people for Nullsec to be 70 times larger. A quick check of the in-game map reveals that there are more than 350 people in Lowsec right now.

Taking a snapshot at any given moment is not particularly useful. Neither is the location of online characters. If we went simply by where folks are logged out or logged in at, I qualify as a lowsec player due to cyno alts.

Exactly. That’s why I question the verb “tailored”. Using AFK ratting to finance an Alliance is not an active approach that the verb tailor would insinuate. If GSF is using this insanely imbalanced way of income to their advantage, it is purely because the shitstorm of afk ratting being too much of an ISK faucet was not heavy enough yet.

We can take more of an active role than you’re thinking. I mean, after all, what’s allowing those players to rat? Our recruiting policies, our escalation forces, and our choice of home all contribute, and those are things that you can tailor.

Also, most of the ratting ISK comes from capitals and supercapitals, not AFK, but feel free to keep slamming that button if it makes you feel better.

1 Like

Tailored mean they have plans in case moon-goo income turns out to be 0 at alliance level. They essentially have planned for it which is something I doubt most other alliance in the game have planned for. Those plans are just one point of why GSF is able to generate so much wealth in a region or so while other entity can’t seem to attain those numbers.

As much as I kind of want it on a personal level, I don’t think CCP will really do anything about afk ratting anytime soon because of the subs they generate just like SP farming. If they did, it would be announced and I am sure the GSF money team would start making prediction and plans for various end scenario to ride the storm and then announce changes within the alliance to keep going while this is getting nerfed. Right now, it’s moon-goo that get’s the “no more absentee income” kick in the balls so they made plans around that situation.

But they also tailor you. If other people - under the current mechanics - want the same advantages, they need to form toxic Blocks like GSF or Test or Co2 (do they still exist btw?).

That’s what you say, but first you don’t have any numbers to prove that and second it wouldn’t change the fact that risk vs. reward in Nullsec is not balanced well enough.

Oh NOES!!! The empire building part of this MMO require palying with lots of players!!! Why was CCP thinking???

They sure as hell ahve a better view of where the ratting taxes come from than you as an external do.

1 Like

Hey, my point was never that I think Goons income specifically should be nerfed to a point that would question their existance as an Alliance. In general Null vs. Non-Null is imbalanced in terms of risk and reward. The moon changes make this worse, not better.

How are we “toxic?” That sounds like an opinion, not a fact.

I actually do have numbers. Source: [June] Fighter Damage Reduction - Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center - EVE Online Forums

The Data:

Let’s set the stage for the decision by taking sample of 5 days in June. During that timeframe 10.6 Trillion ISK was rewarded in bounties. Of that:

• 22.3% (2.3T) of the ISK was generated by 1.4% of characters earning bounties, using Supercarriers
  • 24.2% (2.6T) of the ISK was generated by 4.8% of characters earning bounties, using Carriers
  • 19.1% (2T) of the ISK was generated by 16.6% of characters earning bounties, using T1 Cruisers

Just under half (46.5%) of the bounties earned during the time period was generated by Supercarriers and Carriers, meaning a small percent of the population received a huge portion of the total bounties.

Unfortunately for your argument, there is no inherent risk in any area of space. Players have to make that risk. In turn, the players who are being attacked are allowed to defend themselves. If you can’t overcome the defense, that’s Eve.

As a null miner i disagree. You have to pay to upgrade systems and maintain systems through activity . There is a constant upkeep to having belt anoms

The only thing you do is refuse to accept the new realities how EVE plays. You refuse to accept that people would prevent any small entity with ease from mining their minerals although targeted and large scale Rorq hunting is already a reality. You refuse to accept that it is very easy to find out when and how asteroid fields are generated and with little effort figure out who and with what people will mine them to find lucrative targets. Connected to that you refuse to even consider that mining such a field in inadequate ships or having to warp in and out all the time because you cannot defend your small group from roaming around T3D, ceptor or other fast fleets actually prevents any not-sizeable group from being able to use “their” moons.

You make it seem so easy to have these things and be able to actually use them as intended (I am not even talking about turning a profit), when in fact the reality in EVE is a completely different. That is why arguments with your participation turn in circles.