Dev Blog: October Balance Pass!

you mean, time to learn the lesson and stop paying them?

I mean, they are practically Begging us to drop subscriptions, and roll around in alphas. im sure they are sure they can limp this game along with skin and extractor purchases right? no? nbd, PA is only bested in the monetization department only by EA. when I Really do decide to quit eve, ill be right along with the likes of you, kill the game, kill it with fire for all it matters at that point.

Adapting to game balance changes is a part of any game.
The only lesson to learn here is that games change over time to fix balance issues.

Adapt and stop whining about the recent balance changes or don’t.
Either way they happened.

another straw on the camels’ back.

just means one less toxic capsuleer in the game.

not likely. alpha’s are optimal as gank chars :wink:

…just what the game needs more of amirite?

Why? You still use sentries? You still use a thanny?

Do you just not use missiles now?

Same as thanny question really…

This one - if anything actually needs a balance pass its command ships - as they are basically garbage.

LOL - give me some more of these :slight_smile: “etc’s”

I dont understand why people are asking for SP back personally - but ECM in its current state is only useful to very large fleets and has VERY limited uses, i dont honestly feel that any of these examples relate? Recon skill still useful, for flying other non-caldari recons, ECM skill upto lvl 4 still useful for ecm drones the other ecm specific skills i extracted personally :slight_smile: personally i think the main issue with the ECM change is very simply:

1. what do you use a rook/scorp/navy griffin for now? Falcon or blackbird is likely to be the ship of choice in large fleets anyway - rook / scorp / navy griffin dont really have a place on the field.
  2. what use is the Standup ECM module?
  3. ECM drones (which are REALLY the aspect of ECM that is very very broken, are still very broken, and still do exactly what they did before the change

I think I got over 20 strength on my Scorpion when I tried it, ECM drones should be a target break, if anyone hasn’t noticed that they still work as before they jam you and you cannot shoot web scram target paint ect
the ship that is attacking you.

Working as intended, you can target the ECM drone.
Applied literacy helps.

yep, this was by design. evidence they break more than they fix. every. single. time.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

uh huh…

Everyone agrees that changing it was bad in this topic…even Brisc

Now the real question.

Why are you still here after claiming you were quitting?

You don’t even have a presence on the killboard. You never killed someone with or lost to ECM…You’re just trolling.

Go troll elsewhere kiddy and let the big boys who actually play talk. K thanks buh bye.

oh im sure you are smart enough to work out this is an alt :slight_smile:

And uh no offence, but your kb is pretty lol, so im REALLY hoping that is your alt too

So not only did you say you were quitting you are making extra characters so you can talk?
Sounds complicated. If you’re quitting why are you afraid of posting with your main?

Just sounds kinda dumb.

oh and i post with this one, because I choose to, thats the thing with freewill, its my choice which character i CHOOSE to post with, not yours or anyone elses. :wink:

Cool story.

Noob troll with zero experience in the game.

oh no you burned me! sorry im not rising to your bait mr 49bn in kms lol :slight_smile:

you DID make me laugh though, so thats something :wink:

Wouldn’t be too sure about that.
(…nd wasn’t smart enough to work out that I was posting with one)

1 Like

Tech doesnt look like hes really played since 2014.

Im posting on my main, i fly a lot of logi, tackle and other support ships; for small gang i sometimes use an alt in a falcon but rarely, other ships are just more useful - even before the patch. ECM jams that dont always jam are unreliable; never rely on something that cant be relied upon… and now well… now they are not only unreliable but they also cant be used as a method of tanking so… pff…

I also use to fly combat ceptors for solo; without a doubt one of my most favourite ships to play around with fleets in when your solo; fleet messes up BAM snag someone out of the pack.
Course cant do that now, need to field two ships if the csm have their way you wont be able to do it at all… tbh nullification the past few years added new dimensions tp the game, then came the t3d’s, then fozzie sov… past few years has been great mostly with more additions to play with.

Now i fear it really is being pushed back ‘into the dark ages’

Which is great for people who want to sit on gates camping bubbles all day whilst your alts mine and rat in relative safety because aint nothing getting through all the bubbles everyone will have up.

The combat ceptor and ecm change have got to be among the most ill conceived, ill informed, stupidest, nullbloc agenda driven bs that has come up so far.

Im already missing my taranis and crusader, ye sure i could fly them but why bother when other ships i can use are far superior. Lets be honest here, a friggin hecate has a better align time than a taranis.

2 Likes

Awww…so you think this is the only character i have?
That’s cute.

I have 8 characters all 2006 or younger all with over 80m sp
And I am replying with one of them.

Go on and tell us all again how great you are at pvp mr 0 kills troll.

1 Like

or perhaps a brisc clone?

lets not forget that the carrier upheaval was Really done to break up the slowcat gangs and reduce server load. and it was predictably broken in its first Several iterations. and the rorqual was INCREDIBLY broken upon its ‘reinvention’. predictably. and that was done in preparation for the ‘active’ moon mining upheaval. I mean, the last several years have been nothing but ‘fix’ 1 thing and break 5. over and over again. ecm is just the most recent wrecking hit.

and iirc, inty nullification came After fozziesov, but don’t get me lying. since they also upended the forums, its near impossible to nail down the timeline for a smoker like myself. eve is a game, its sposed to be fun.

tracking 1 ■■■■ change after the next isn’t fun. memorializing ‘expansion’ names to try and compare which broke eve the ‘worstest’, that’s not especially fun either imo.

quoting brisc tho, that’s quite entertaining; for the lolz

for the record, eve used to give us a Proper Expansion every 6 months. at least back then, pre-seagull, when they broke a thing, we could have confidence that they wouldn’t be breaking anything else for at least SIX MONTHS. now, you can flip a coin every month on what crack-pipe smoking change will be implmented THIS TIME.

2 Likes