Dev Blog: October Balance Pass!

you may as well give them ehp bonuses and damage bonuses because anyone flying them in non-blob fleets isnt going to be fitting ecm to them.

the idea of reducing the sig-radius isnā€™t a bad idea, after all these are meant to be craft designed to be ECM resistant, so youā€™d expect them to be shielded from their own ECM emissions, and also means that anything that would give emissions away which are used to make the sig-radius would be shielded, thus have a much weaker sig.

only time that would be reversed is when the ECM modules are active, then they are more or less lit up like a massive xmas-tree.

Why are we coming up with suggestions for something to replace ECM when the only thing wrong with it was the HELPLESS FEELINGS of the victim (as per CSM minutes).

Give them a F*$@K*5g un-jam module to spam whilst they are jammed - feelings soothed problem gone

Have they toyed with the idea of particular effects, either positive/negative or both, contingent on jams being used at all? Iā€™m trying to wrap my head around the idea of making ECM partially what it is now (jamming) and secondarily something still useful in a different capacity if deployed solo and wonder if that doesnā€™t sound senseless or far from enough. Sadly, I donā€™t have nearly as much experience with ECM as Iā€™d be comfortable with making honest suggestions, but might as well throw something into the pot I suppose.

Should go the other way. Treat damps and disruptors as non solo tools also. That removes the whole issue of ecm being the odd one out. And would also contribute towards making it a more fun experience. While still a useful tool in a number of situations.

1 Like

A T2 burst jammer has a base strength of 7.2 double that of a T2 Radar jammer but the only ship that gets a bonus to it is a scorpion I think

Nope they donā€™t want to have to fit something that is just a wasted module if you donā€™t come up against a ECM ship. This they already attempted to fix by making all sebos double as anti ECM but that wasnā€™t good enough because they donā€™t want to have to fit a sebo either.

1 Like

If they donā€™t fit against it they deserve to die.

Easy as that.

2 Likes

Even if a scorpion has a successful lock break every cycle the size of a scorpion makes for a short time period to re-lock. The only time Iā€™ve seen anything more than an annoyance for an enemy is when using 3 ECCM hardened scorps with a burst each.

I look at ECCM as hardening resists to ECM - If they want an un-jammer to use after they are jammed you have to have a module or script. To compare with a shield: The wait period while jammed is like a passive shield regen (the ECCM is like a shield damage amp). If you want to speed up the wait period you need a module or script to actively un-jam like a shield booster for ECM.

Creating a module or script does not seem outside the realm of possibility (considering the short period of time it took CCP to make a bubble replacement module for the HIC)

Yes itā€™s a joke - This is like saying I donā€™t want to fit a scram because i want the slot for something else, make it so that when i lock a ships its automatically scammed

The ECM burst only breaks the lock - you can re-acquire the target immediately (jams delay targeting).

Itā€™s not a combat module, it is an escape module, if you are aligned you can warp instantly after you activate the burst unless the enemy is bumping you out of alignment

Yes I know its for escape but we thought it would be funny to have three scorpions running bursts to make the enemy continually re-lock. It sort of works but the ecm strength is a little low

BjornBee (twitch TV) did a few solo roams with burst equipped scorpions

With all due respect I think the proposed idea is bad.

i have seen this working now in game and I thinks its a terrible idea. What is the use of jamming anymore? If I get jammed now I can blast the jamming ship right out of the sky. ECM ships are toast and lose all effective use on the battlefield since once they land an ECM jam they are immediately attacked, killed and out of the fight. Much better to have the target ship loose all lock and have to reacquire lock. or have the targeted ship have a penalty on the targeting speed. imagine going from 15sec to lock a target to 45 sec?

Imagine if you are a hauler/miner and want to use ECM has a defensive measureā€¦ well forget it. you are now the only ship that be be targeted.

overall a bad idea.

This is a sensible idea, and thus has no place in the discussion. Much better to employ a solution that effectively negates most solo applications for ECM as well as the raison dā€™ĆŖtre of a faction frigate built entirely around that concept. I think the idea with the planned change is to keep ECM from being a reliably-procā€™d GTFO module, and for that I cannot see it being done another way. This is one of those times where Iā€™m thinking ā€œletā€™s justā€¦leave it aloneā€.

1 Like

it will not work if you webbed in parallel with warp disrupting - even if your ship is aligned and have 75%+ of max speed dropping just one stasis-web point from it will drop your current speed below 50% of max possible (max possible speed rises) and you can not warp until get it back to 75% again, in case of 2+ stasis-web points your current speed instantly falls below 20%

that did make me giggle :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If you havent guessed by now brisc is a politician; its his mindset at least and yes, of course heā€™s trying to push his own agenda.
The amount of deflection and conflicting statements kind of provide the proof of that.

Before the patch ECM in larger engagements was mostly unheard of (except many many years ago) BUT there is the exception to the rule once people started jamming fighters.
With most doctrine type ships designed to hit out between 50 to 80k many of the ecm ships are indeed severely lacking and yes, one of them is certainly the rookā€¦ and 100km away isnt far with an mjdā€¦

For solo fights ye it sucks to be jammed, but its not surprising; me being allowed to target the ecm ship is utterly ridiculas: i will kill it every time if the gang doesnā€™t kill me first - thatā€™s not really balanced i think.

As for combat ceptors well i hate to say it but enyo is the new taranis, crusader is basically defunct but makes a good shuttle i guessā€¦ claw is ā€˜slower than your average little chef waitressā€™ when you compare it to what the wolf and jag can do and no one really flew raptor anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

A whole line of ships than many solo pvpers and others used is now basically junk, im struggling to find a role for them other than baiting sabres.
In my mind the whole point of combat ceptors was to kill fleet ceptors (mostly) though ye sure they could do other stuff.
Aright fozzie claws were annoying as ā– ā– ā– ā–  but at the end of the day if your alliance has issues dealing with them what does it say about your alliance?
AND YOU BRISC should be aware that i was in init when pando smartbombed a claw gang using only a handful of chemolokis so im pretty damn certain your alliance isnt ā– ā– ā– ā–  which surprises me that your attempting to pass them off as an issue at all TBVFH.
HIGHLY disappointing behavior on your part.

And yes im guessing the next ā€˜ā€˜logicalā€™ā€™ step is to rebalance afā€™sā€¦ because making assualt frigates slower than cruisers is ā€¦ anywayā€¦

Brisc; do you honestly see merit in your own statements when you basically say things like ā€œnullification doesnā€™t really hurt anyone so we want it gone so that the majority of people ingame that dont live in nullsec dont get affected by itā€?

That is confusing is it not?

2 Likes

Please do someone tell me wtaf i supposed to do with a combat ceptor now? what is it actually good for?

i havent plexed yetā€¦ im wondering really if i should bother. Hopefully come Monday i will have a job to occupy my time with; i will be looking at other games.

2 Likes

Thats not an ad hominem, its a statement of fact; if you ACTUALLY read his posts you would understand.

Unless your saying calling him a politician is an attack on himā€¦ which is actually hilarious considering lol

1 Like

ā€œā€œThen thereā€™s player Brisc Rubal, known IRL as XXXXXX Heā€™s a lawyer and a career politician, currently working as a lobbyist in the field of maritime law in the state of Virginia. A graduate of George Washington University in DC, and second in his class at The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, XXXXX is also a former elections official.ā€ā€

he describes himself as

ā€œā€ā€œIā€™m an F1 jockey in the Initiative, not a fleet commander, or a diplomat, nothing special,ā€"

So yeh, he and many others are fully aware of his capabilities; they are not really based in PvP - not as a fleet commander, not as a solo or microgang pvperā€¦ anyway; GOOD JOB ON THAT RESEARCH Andersonā€¦

1 Like