Dev Blog: October Balance Pass!

It’s less ‘firewalled’ and more ‘you can’t even delay them’.

The longest/slowest part of any response is getting the response fleet formed. Once that’s done, it can move pretty quickly, especially in null where you can bridge it around. But when you’ve got a hostile fleet that can enter a region and be out the other side with a hit in the middle before anyone can intervene (unless, of course, you have standing defense forces), that’s an issue. When the most effective means of countering an enemy fleet is to literally just sit 3 titans or smart-bombing battleships cloaked on a pipeline gate and one scout on the other gate in that system…

… that’s providing fun, engaging content for all of 1-4 people. Is that really good game design?

My two cents;

• ECM Balance
    Bad idea and also pointless. With the exception of Drones which usually just get Smartbombed anyway, ECM is very rarely if ever used outside of solo/small gang pvp. Making your victim still able to target you is just another reason that people will not want to fly ECM boats … If you want to bring ECM back then the way to achieve this would be to give more mid slots and/or an EHP buff to Rooks and Blackbirds, give them corresponding DPS nerfs so that cancerous ECM Boat doctrines don’t become a thing.

• Combat Ceptors
    Sounds good in principle, although given how squishy combat ceptors are there should be some sort of buff in another area otherwise these ships will just fall into the junk pile with the numerous other ships that you never see in space anymore.

• 500MN Hictors
    Good change in principle, but it should only affect MWD’s, not AB’s. Not cool that Wormholers are just being shrugged off.

• Damavik
    Pointless change. Yes it should have a 3rd midslot but you shouldn’t have taken away a low slot. You should also make it a lot easier to fit. Trig ships need time for their DPS to build up and apply. All that this change has done is make a ship that was piss easy to kill, even easier to kill, so it’s going to get flown even less.

In my humble opinion. The intent behind the changes was good but none of the changes themselves have been thought out properly.

@CCP/CSM … Bad update is bad.

7 Likes

The fax changes are a blow to whs small corps as well.

1 Like

The ones they’ve already pulled back on? Because this post didn’t have any specifics about what minor fax changes might happen.

buhahahaha. Dps from ecm boats is terrible except from rooks and the widow.

1 Like

But fax changes won’t make our lives miserable. This is something you can really adapt to and work around.

Id have to say an easy fix to the HIC problem would be to restrict the USE of the 100mn mwd in combination with the bubble… so the HIC can still use the 100mn ab and roll holes like it should.

Like you did the change with the yacht and the restriction of use with cov ops cloak and higs rig?

Could be a simple fix?

2 Likes

You forgot to mention insta-locking Thrashers :slight_smile:

There is a post with intended changes, which they delayed. Something like 30% nerf, which makes them worse than the carriers were before.

1 Like

I don’t disagree.

If the problem is: Invade-Attack-Escape cannot be countered, I am asking why we cannot break the Escape portion, instead of the Invade portion.

And I do consider making a fleet ‘bounce around for 15 min’ as breaking the Escape portion. If a claw fleet wants to get one volley off on a target, then warp from safe to safe for 15 min avoiding being probed down, to regain their immunity so they can escape the bubbled gates/wormhole of the system, isn’t that limiting it’s projection effectively enough?

Continuing with this example, since it was presented as Claw fleet vs defensive Entosis ship; isn’t ‘defend the space you have’ one of the fundamental principles of Sov? If you cannot have even a token defense ready to triage the damage of a claw fleet (if we break the escape portion) do you deserve to hold that space?

1 Like

Little change by little change, the w-space becomes miserable to live in. A C2 only provides for 5 people max. How would a 5 people corp defend against a 50 bs fleet ?

This is only to provide targets for bigger corps, which is what ccp likes. Every small corp who loses all its assets because of changes like these means a few more people that drop from the game for good.

3 Likes

To remove wh rolling safely, CCP has pretty much gimped wh security. I mean the only real way to defend a wh system is with a fleet in system, and thru wh control… defensive rolling to incoming whs and your own statics when your gang rolls for a new static.

So no more wh rolling with a predictable means or… there will be a discovery of a new method while this change has forced organizations to improvise ?

Just curious why CCP didnt just remove the ability to fit the module that provides the conflict at its source. the 100mn mwd…

this kinda hurts whrs a lot and as an ex whr myself, i guess i have interest in replying?

2 Likes

that seems to be typical of ccp though.

1 Like

So you’d want essentially risk-free PvE opportunities in your own little corner of unreachable space? I’m afraid Eve isn’t designed with that philosophy in mind, thankfully.

1. I think so, but I will try to confirm.

2. It’s one v. one - if a friendly ship jams you, you’re jammed to everything but the friendly ship. That wouldn’t be a benefit, as you couldn’t lock anything but the friendly. But maybe this might get logi to rep me first…

3. I will suggest that they monitor the usage and see if there’s a need for this as we see the impact.

I dont think that is what he is inferring… just for things to be fair.

1 Like

I still think that the fix for Jams should be based on sensor strength. Jam timer should be reduced on a factor of your sensor strength compared to the strength of the jammer. So, a 30 sensor strength ship being jammed by a 15 point jammer would only be jammed for half thr cycle time of the jammer.

1 Like

r.i.p falcon maybe its time to toss eve to the trash over the years from my pos network to my titan to jump ranges ccp been ■■■■■■■ this game up .now taking my falcon away its over whats the fuckign point in having a falcon if u cant jam one ship u can make that one ship not targeting anyone but u that’s retarded rip fw ecm good bye eve u have fully turned retarded

2 Likes

Its not really Falcons fualt, its the CSM and the DEVS that think that ECM needs to be changed.

1 Like

seems fair