Dev Blog: October Balance Pass!

I would like my little corner to be what is supposed to be : a force multiplier. A chance for pilots who dont like CTAs or bullying FCs.

I would like people to put up some work into evicting us from there. You want to evict a corporation with one structure and 2 capitals, fine, but work a little more than half an hour for that. Build your own caps.

1 Like

Rolling hics is a way of life for wh space. IDK if ccp knows this, but its actually essential for an active wh corp to be able to roll in a predictable manner, the whs in and out of said system.

This could be blown out of proportion by comparing letting titans, supers, carriers, use gates in high secā€¦ or not in null secā€¦ for that matter.

It either prevents you or grants you logistical access to your space, and being wh space has NO GATESā€¦

facepalm

5 Likes

@CCP_Rise What is the point of combat ceptors when assault frigates do more dps, have more tank, warp not much slower and have more utility for the same price.

1 Like

For those who want to keep discussing the 500mn HIC wormhole issue, Iā€™ve put up a potential compromise/fix for the issue in the CSM forum. Can folks take a look at this and give me their feedback so I can pass it on?

Thanks!

4 Likes

a mix between assault frigs and scout ceptors?

Those are the changes they withdrew. If you look at the discussion thread about those changes, youā€™ll find Iā€™m very well aware of them and their shortcomings.

AF can do that better. Without nullification, combat ceptors have no place that is not covered better by AF.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s not how ECM is supposed to workā€¦ If you donā€™t like being jammed learn to Counter it. For a small corp EWAR gives you a slight upper hand when out gunned. Just giving someone a bonus because they are too stupid or lazy to effectively counter it is ridiculous. (THEYā€™RE IN-GAME COUNTERS TO ECM already!!)

The diversity in ship types,roles, and fittings makes the game more complex, which is why we enjoy it.

Stop looking to make people happy by nerfing things that are difficult , instead create more real content for the players. we will decide how best to implement the Weapons in our playstyles.

4 Likes

sure thing, thanks. and why doesnt the CSM have a requirement: EACH SPACE of Eve should have a direct representativeā€¦ so high sec, low sec, null sec, and wh space. seems unfair that either high sec or null sec or wh space reps would dominate the csm and control or influence the changes unfairlyā€¦ just an ideaā€¦

so maybe give those assault frigs the interdictor nullification?

Make the Zephyr 500mn capableā€¦ gucci

2 Likes

Voter numbers and the fact you can buy.votes (and there is a massive uptick in old accounts returning each CSM seemingly to just vote while not playing based off isk delta) means CSM is not representative.

@CCP_Falcon If you want more roaming delete anchored bubbles. Then nullification isnt needed. Want bubbles use a hic.

4 Likes

Triaging the damage of a claw fleet would imply being able to do more than watch as they fire a single volley and kill their target. Right now 50 Claws deliver 55k damage in a single shot. The changes theyā€™re proposing will knock that down by about 1/3 with the switch to Ares/Malediction.

thats not a bad ideaā€¦

Then we are back at step one with a ship with more DPS, more tank, and the ADC. Iā€™d like that but I do not want that.

2 Likes

And thatā€™s a potential issue, Brisc. If a structure is trying to jam you to keep you from shooting the structureā€¦

ā€¦ well, whatā€™s the point of having that jammer now?

2 Likes

we can find a niche for the odd ball to serveā€¦ just keep thinking of ideas, creativity here is king!

Same goes for the Navy Giffin

1 Like

Jam the logi? But agree with the issue.

@CCP_Falcon from r/eve, Not mine, but sums up the WH situatuon nicely. If CCP is willing to ignore what they said face to face now, how bad will it be once Pear takes over

CCP EXPLICITLY stood in front of us in April, and promised they wouldnā€™t do this. At the wormhole roundtable, in front of many wormhole players we voiced concern that fixing 500mn hics via mass changes would impact us considerably. We were promised that any changes to this would come hand in hand. Now, 5 months later we see a full 180, that goes as far as to say " sorry, we know this is going to ā– ā– ā– ā–  your ā– ā– ā– ā–  up, but we donā€™t care enough".

EDIT: I call Shenanigans. SHENANIGANS!

11 Likes