Dev Blog: October Balance Pass!

You don’t need nomads, only a EM-705 5% align implant, and two Shadow Serpentis Istabs, only north of 450 Mil isk for the three…

Maybe we can get the low slot removed in 2014 from the Crow back…

I was pointing out that even though this fleet can be dangerous (usually any fleets when formed are dangerous), but this is still 80 frigates we are talking about. Even though we have DPS, this fleet still can be countered easily as it is usually lightly tanked (roughly 5k ehp each). 5k ehp times 80 is about 400k ehp which is an ehp of a two buffer tank battleships. But each of this ships are only 5k ehp which a well placed smarbombs can wipe in a single attack. Some groups of people have actually come up with very effective counter against this inty fleet with as little as 4-5 pilots against our 80 pilots (if my memory is correct we probably were down to 60-50 pilots). I can tell you the 4-5 pilots were not all in capital ships, in fact it was 1 rorq that we tackled who called in 4 battleships (or maybe it was only 3 battleships), with as little as 3-4 additinal battleships, we had to bail from the rorqual because of how they organized their defense. Even with this drawback of very low tank, we are still at it week after week trying to take down capital ships with millions of ehp and we were doing it in ceptors because it is so much fun! and no, it doesnt take several minutes, sometimes we take 1 hour to kill these ships, we had to figure out their fits, check if the ship is capping up properly, check if it’s bait tanking or not, sometimes also asking for intel if they are coming with backup. We also had multiple encounters where a carrier or rorq was bait tanking, letting their tank go down to hull and when our fleet get close for higher DPS it lit its cyno up, and several titans cynoed in to smartbomb us. This is why these fleets are so exciting, our encounters are so random we never knew what’s coming at us and we keep pushing ourselves to see what’s new. You know what was said on comms when someone says, “that looks like bait”, we say “we always take the bait”. On top of that, these fleets are quite popular with new players who want to get in on action and learn a little PVP. This is where we get newbros gets excited with the game. This is where we teach newbros most valuable lesson in EVE: That as long as we know what we are doing and what we are fighting, we can kill ships even the biggest class of ships with the smallest class of ships. As long as we use our brain of course. And the opposite is true, if our opponents use their brain, they can counter this fleet. Had we been blown up to bits before? hell yeah. In that case we made our fleetmembers who were still alive jealous coz we were already in jita while they had 30-40 jumps to hi sec. I actually wonder why this interceptor fleet is more dangerous that stealth bomber fleet? I mean these SB fleets can literally be bridged by Black ops, they even have much higher DPS than interceptors (500-600 DPS), they can cloak while warping, and they even have void bombs which zap capacitors and enable capitals killing so much faster! I guarantee you a stealth bomber fleet can kill capital way faster than interceptor fleet, can someone bring the data of capitals killed by stealth bombers vs capitals killed by combat interceptors? I know bombers bar kills carriers and supers every week and yet csm think interceptors are the problem? Look at Brisc Rubal’s killboard, one of his top ships is a hound, surely he is neutral to these changes eh?

Not exactly small gang PvP.

So why is only small gang PvP being prioritized? I’m sure other people have use for these ships

^^ This ^^

They could have made ECM break locks,
They could have made them require cap charges,
They could of made them reduce the number of possible locked targets,
They could have added a cool down timer
They could have made a counter ECCM module that could lock & jam the Jammer

But instead they did this
So … Is crack legal in Iceland?

2 Likes

oh! now its a small gang thing that matters?? you should have followed the rest of the csm back to whatever hole you crawled out of.

this is downright offensive. impeach this man for being bad @ trolling.

1 Like

Only using 25% of a fleets capacity in numbers, that’s pretty small gang in a world of micro and pico and…

It looks like most of those Rorquals were killed with similar numbers to what a high security space Incursion fleet would use to kill The Kundalini Manifest, and that capital has a subcap fleet to support it :smiley:

they also could have left them alone entirely, and told the girlz that like to cry about jams to … whats the ns saying? adapt? htfu? hah, this is tilted is fuq, and everyone with any experience in eve can see it plain as day.

sebo sebo sebo sebo

2 Likes

Any of these ideas are better than what CCP and the csm have proposed. I would find ECM acceptable from a ECM user/ target point of view, that ECM should break your lock/locks and give you up to 5 seconds of scan resolution penalty.

This will still allow ECM to disrupt intended targets like logi, tackle, and high alpha/DPS ships while still allowing counter play. This means that ECM will need to lower the cycle of ECM from 20 seconds to no lower than 10.

In edition, I would add the following bonus to both the widow and scorpion

Caldari Battleship per level
(X)% bonus to ECM burst time.

Yeah ECM is already being countered by sebo with ECCM script. What most people keep saying is I dont want to waste mid slot for sebos, I prefer webs or points or whatever thing they like to use in mid slots, and so left themselves vulnerable to jams. Even knowing that everywhere you go fleets or gangs will have jams. They’re then surprised everytime they get jammed. At this time the only option is to use a sebo in mid slot with eccm or signal amplifier but signal amplifier is not as good to counter ecm. Maybe CCP can buff the signal amplifier in low slot to have better sensor strength increase to counter ECM more effectively and second, add one more high slot module to improve sensor strength (similar to networked sensor array but for subcapital ships). This way we all have better flexibility on choosing ways to counter ecm and not having to sacrifice mid slot

1 Like

If players won’t fit any defense against ECM in their mid or low slots why do you think they would use a high slot.

I think combining a lock breaker with a scan resolution penalty or will make victims not feel completely helpless

1 Like

Because mid slots very valuable for range control, damage application, and shield tank. Hence sebos lose out. Signal amplifier is not good enough to counter ecm so that’s also out of the question in most cases. That’s the reason people wont fit modules to counter ecm. I say buff signal amplifier bonus for signal strength and add high slot module which have sensor strength bonus, the point is to provide more option so that people will actually fit a counter to ecm. My guess is then ships with utility high slot will most likely fit this ecm counter

I think most would add that extra neut or nos

How about a script for the SEBO that makes it a targeting module similar to the passive targeting mod but it just enables targeting of the ECM ship that has you jammed

• Oh that’s right this whole “ECM balance” is about NOT having to fit a counter
2 Likes

So how do you counter a Warp Disruptor/Scram ?
Oh that’s right, you can fit modules that will prevent you from being scrammed.

So how do you counter Neuts ?
Yeah, you know, the things where if the opponent locks you and engages a Neut, you lose cap no matter what. It’s not “chance-based” like ECM. There are no “racial” variants that work better against some ship types. It keeps neuting for as long as the other pilot has a lock on you (and is in range of course).
Oh that’s right, you can fit modules that will reduce the amount of cap you lose or will increase your cap.

How do you counter Guidance/Tracking Disruptors ?
Oh that’s right, you can fit modules that will increase your tracking/guidance.
Or you can just warp away.

How do you counter Webs ?
Oh that’s right, you can fit modules that will let you fly faster even if you are webbed.

How do you counter ECM ?
Oh that’s right, you can fit modules that will increase your signal strength so that there is less chance that an ECM pilot will be able to jam you, even if he fitted the best modules to counter you with. Maybe, if he get’s lucky, he might still get a jam but it isn’t guaranteed and it doesn’t last forever. But there is still a chance that he may get lucky.

The failure to anticipate the possibility of facing ECM and therefore fitting the appropriate mods does not mean ECM is “OP” and has no “counter”.

If you know you are probably facing Amarr ships firing EM/Therm ammo and you don’t tank for that, does that mean EM/Therm damage is “OP” and has no counter-play ?

If you know you could be facing opponents that use Neuts and you don’t fit mods to protect your cap, does that mean Neuts are “OP” and have no counter ?

If you think your opponent may be in a “kiting” fit with a shield tank and you don’t take that into consideration when fitting your ship does that mean “shield tanked, kiting ships” are OP and have no counter ?

The whole problem boils down to people simply not wanting to fit the modules to counter ECM because they’d rather use something else.
Same people that probably won’t fit warp corp stabs, or cap batteries/boosters, or guidance/tracking enhancers (etc, etc) because they’d rather use those slots to fit other mods.

Boo hoo.

Just because people don’t want to fit the modules doesn’t mean that something has no counter and has to be nerfed.

7 Likes

The difference this argument and everyone else forgets is that ECM you can’t counter-play by smart piloting.
Even Neuts have counter-play in managing your cap hungry modules in pulses only.
ECM has zero actions you can take. This gives ECM’ed pilots an action they can attempt to take, and you now have to actually anticipate fighting as an ECM pilot and not minmax every low & mid to ECM.

Range is always a counter.
Use a mJD, warp off and back, etc…

2 Likes

I like this. small addition. small footprint. adds more options and takes none away. sebo sebo sebo

boosts help too. but your right, the sig amp is a bit meh, for whats its Supposed to do. I think spare hi slots will always b used for offense when possible; neut/nos/disco. ppl don’t tank against ewar and then complain about ewar. its like fitting zero tank on your ship and then complaining that you die to incoming damage too quickly. its funny actually.

1 Like

yep, and they are calling it ‘balance’. lol

1 Like

Wouldn’t be an issue if they lost an appropriate ISK value in return. It’s null sec after all, the most dangerous space. If high sec with remotely similar values loses more than null sec, something is wrong. That CCP wants to take away a small risk factor from that region (and many others), something goes wrong.

2 Likes