Dev Blog: October Balance Pass!

There are no fights or ganks or murders in EvE, its Hull Mining. Case closed

now it’s time that you both kiss each other

1 Like

Someone said ceptors look for a kill not a fight. Thats not true. I fly mostly frig class atm and that almost every day. Face how it really is in a typical situation on a normal day in no further named enemy space. Deep in their territory. In their staging. With a titan umbrella. Lets say we are all in cynabals or t1 frigs. What happens. We will never make it thus far and if we get engaged with 4x the numbers. We cant win the fight and we cant leave cause every gate will be bubbled. It will nerver be a fun fight at all. Is that fun? Now we have stealth bombers for dps and nullified ceptors. We stretch or split enemy forces, grab single targets, hit, kill and run. And when we cant do that any more we roam further into enemy space. Cause we are nullified. We get killed by smartbombs, bosons (lol what a shit), cormorants, instalockers and enemy ceptors just to mention 5 ways here. We do take fights with pursuers if we think it makes sense. Killing destroyers, ceptors, battleships… beeing swift and agil makes that possible. The much bigger enemy fleet will be on us in no time so Nullification is important if we dont want to lose too many of our numbers at the first gstecamp . And many gates are camped. Oc we need it to penetrante and get there in the first Time. We are all over Intel… So who complains when he loses his ■■■■/vni/Gila and… why??? Its not Magic and its not op. Its fun and called Skirmish/hit and run . There are ways to Stop us. So why do u want to take that from us? Oh i forgot bad loosers and tears (mememe i have a blingy xxxx million isk ship and those small glas targets wont stand still that i can kill em all and feel like a big capt. Kirk. Lets change game mechanics). Sorry

NO DONT NERF CEPTORS

2 Likes

The irony is pretty strong, someone from goons, yes that goons which alliance very often gank in hi sec (freighters, newbros, etc who literally can’t defend themselves) calling us killing ships in null (which is legal by the way and the reason it’s called null sec) looking a murder? wow

he didn’t said its not enjoyable… its just an discussion about the goddamn “wording” -.-

What’s ironic? It’s murder when we do it, too.

We don’t deny that.

It is. I don’t see why they don’t understand that.

you don’t make it better honestly, the wording in that case is more a perspective thing. Since its shooting something with guns, you can call it a fight. That you, i, and most other prefer to call it a gank, or murder, or rape or whatever, makes it still not false.

Because utility his-slots are actually a thing?

Hi-slots are mainly used for damage.
Mid-slots have multiple uses - propulsion, tackle, ewar, tank
That’s why Mids are probably the most valuable (individually) although you should always (of course) take the overall slot layout and ship bonuses into consideration.

I’m not saying I support his suggestion but it’s worth consideration.

yeah he’s just taking the discussion away from the main topic, just call it a fight or whatever and get on with the discussion about the changes

OP kindly rename title to nulltober “balance” pass.
Thanks.

3 Likes

btw new infos Update on HICs and Wormholes

2 Likes

Yeah I know my suggestion is not the best maybe but we should explore this and other suggestions from other players

That’s definitely not correct. Just because you shoot at someone, that doesn’t make it a fight. A fight means you’ve actually got a reasonable chance to lose. We blew up 4 keepstars yesterday. One or two of them were even gunned. They used the DDs to kill things.

There was no fight. Nobody involved claimed to have won a fight. We blew up some structures. That’s it. Killing a POS that shoots back on its own, or even one that’s gunned, isn’t a fight. It’s just a structure bash.

It’s a fight, you can call it what you want. This discussion is irrelevant to this forum and you should stop this

1 Like

afaik the official definition of the term “fight” is that someone gets engaged in combat, a argument etc. It does not necessary mean that the other side defends itself.

1 Like

Don’t apologise! I think it’s a reasonable suggestion because it’s worth considering if ECCM should be moved from mid to low/hi slots. In fact, it might be a good idea to just avoid dedicated ECCM modules (as CCP have already done by replacing them with a script) and instead buff Signal Amplifiers and also give them a hislot equivalent. However, this thread is about the October “Balance Pass”, so suggestions like this are Off-Topic but probably deserve their own thread.

1 Like

Always being able to lock someone will kill solo play for a host of ships

@CCP_Falcon This is providing a counter without penalty to the user
Create a script that makes the SEBO able to lock the jammer even if jammed - or do something that does not give a “free pass” without having to fit a module to counter.

Just make it a part of the existing SEBO script. Worst-case scenario is you spiked your sensor strength, still got jammed, but you can attack the jammer. But you still had to put in the effort to equip and use the established countermeasure. Best-case, you spike your sensor strength, avoid the jam, and there you go.

2 Likes

AND if you choose not to fit a SEBO then that’s your bad choice.

… just like If I choose to NOT to fit an EM buff to my tank I don’t get to complain that lasers are eating through my tank too quickly

1 Like

I like ECM. and I play solo with Griffin Navy Issue and Rook - which are not for me anymore … ;(

4 Likes

Or just the SEBO itself, maybe. Not everyone carries them, right? :wink:

1 Like