Dev blog: Reactions redefined - New industry opportunities for you!

Will you stick with the Crius design philosophy of “hills and valleys” or such, that is to say, will there system cost index modifiers for reactions, as there currently are for all other jobs?

If not does that mean that, upon the removal of player-built stations, you’re no longer planning to replace the system cost index modifier bonus (one of the most valuable and unique bonuses in the game)?

2 Likes

Phantom. This is in reference to the new upcoming moon mining update, correct? I’ve heard a lot of rumors. None of which I can actually take into full consideration due to reliable source suspicion… But just when you thought you had all of your skill goals mapped out for your future, CCP comes out with a bunch more! :metal: :call_me_hand: :metal:

1 Like

Yes, this is part of the upcoming moon mining revamp.

1 Like

This is a 2 part question as it concerns all of industry…

There is a new system index, but no cost modifier is mentioned…

Cost modifiers for nullsec are about to be removed (outposts) but highsec still will enjoy significant cost modifiers.

there has been mention of an iHUb upgrade for a flat 30% modifier…

Is the iHUb upgrade ready? will it be an Admin Hub thing?

is there any short term or long term solution here, also will it apply to reactions as well?

1 Like

I have some doubts about the skills…

I mean, science and production aren’t the same thing, so I can get why there are similar skills for both of them. But a reaction job is pretty close of a production job, intermediate materials are used to get a final product. So I don’t see the point of having to train 4 skills instead of relying on production skills + one skill to get access to reactions (a few like Capital Construction or stuff give access to Capital/T2/other stuff) and/or for speed.

1 Like

For the job number skills it’s beneficial because it won’t take up any slots that someone might currently use for regular manufacturing. The distance skill is somewhat redundant though.

2 Likes

It is possible to make the production skills giving both but independent slots for standard production and reactions, but setting a long training reaction skill (x6 ?) for speed efficiency.

At least and I agree, the distance skill sounds useless when you already have Supply Management.

1 Like

This is just in following with the current pattern / philosophy. You have Supply Chain Management for manufacturing, you have Scientific Networking for science. And now you’ll have Remote Reactions for reactions.

If you’re just arguing that it’ll be a pain to train an additional skill, well that’s already in the game: it’s already a pain to train both Supply Chain Management and Scientific Networking to V, but it lets me sit in Jita and install jobs in Etherium Reach or wherever else I want.

1 Like

Any chance you guys can roll out the compensation program for the old structures at the same time as the new ones?

That way anything that converts into new modules, structures, ect can catch some of the immediate demand for all this new stuff instead of creating a massive glut that craters the market for months because there’s suddenly way more supply than demand.

2 Likes

Question: Currently, sov nullsec enjoys a significant production bonus in the form of 25% off fuel costs for towers. Is there any will to maintain a bonus of this sort for new reactions?

2 Likes

Will the rigs on this be specific (affect only simple reactions or complex or t3 etc) or will they be generic?

Do we need to spam multiple refining structures to be able to do everything or will one be enough?

1 Like

Is it possible in any way to bring the moon MINING function to highsec?
Im not asking for it to be able to mine moon ore but instead just be capable of mining rare highsec asteroids ores like jaspet and hedbergite (and potentialy ice).
I did read the moon mining devblog and I did see that there where ores other than moon ores in the moons.
I am still gonna get a medium refinery because I love how it looks but I really wish it had some kind of use outside of just refining stuff.

2 Likes

You probably could, but then it ties extra training time to industry skills that may never touch reactions. At best it would provide a one-time benefit to anyone who already has the skill trained on patch day. It’s probably best to keep them separate and specialized in this manner.

1 Like

Ah I forgot that Indy and science remote skills were seperate

1 Like

BlockquoteRainReaper32m
Is it possible in any way to bring the moon MINING function to highsec?
Im not asking for it to be able to mine moon ore but instead just be capable of mining rare highsec asteroids ores like jaspet and hedbergite (and potentialy ice).
I did read the moon mining devblog and I did see that there where ores other than moon ores in the moons.
I am still gonna get a medium refinery because I love how it looks but I really wish it had some kind of use outside of just refining stuff.

We asked about this when we found out. The answer was pretty much no.

However, I personally feel that eventually this can be the end of belts (one more DT thing gone) and the whole game will rely on moon miners for belts to mine.

1 Like

Currently nullsec enjoys a massive production bonus in the form of the 2.1x rig multiplier. This devblog mentions ME on reactions and “efficiency” rigs. It follows naturally that nullsec will have a similarly-dominant bonus for reactions (although sadly, it seems like the dominant bonus of Amarr outposts is being phased out).

Or are you saying that’s not enough granularity, and you specifically want sovereignty to give a bonus, instead of just all null-sec? Because on that point I would argue with you that it creates an unpleasant system where you have to make sure that your alt corps match your sov-holding corps, which is a giant mess.

1 Like

That sucks,

And im prety sure that compeltely removing passive belts would kinda destroy the game.

because if the passive belts disapear and can only be moon mined we could potentialy be left in a situation where the refineries get all blowup and then we would have no more access to any minerals.

Sure you could argue that the mineral stocks are currently very oversaturated but that stuff can run out.
If there is no way to spawn in new ore when the supplies run out the whole circle of (mine, build and destroy) would compeltely colapse and EVE would fall apart.
There needs to always be a way to mine as it is the foundation of everything that is EVE lol.

1 Like

Like i said, that is a personal feeling and there is a TON of high sec, there would have to be wardecs for days etc to kill all the potential refineries

1 Like

This “massive production bonus” only works out to a 1% materials bonus over lowsec.

1 Like

If i’m not the owner of the refinery, can i also do reactions in a refinery (since you only cant do reactions in high sector) if i bring the materials and the reaction BP.
I have the reaction BP from my former POS.
Same as if would go with my other BP’s and material to a Citadel or Engineering Complex?

1 Like