Dev blog: Reactions redefined - New industry opportunities for you!

With the margins on items a 1% me difference is a large difference in profit. So it’s still a pretty significant thing.

I know this is an area we disagree on though is where structure advantages lie. I’d rather see the me type bonuses identical in all areas of space. Then sov gives things like system index is easier to keep low, no default tax etc, fuel discounts. Which do save money but a smart and busy person could find an out of the way highsec system and balance their production well to turn a competitive profit.

Nulls advantage should be in its rich resources. Which hopefully this change to moons helps with. Not a multiplicative effect on also having better facilities.

2 Likes

Not really.

1 Like

I thought the answer was “not at release, but maybe down the line. Still, only LS/NS will have t2 moon goo, if HS/WH get moon mining, it will be with other stuff, not that.”

1 Like

What is base “job” number per character?

1 Like

In the devblog you guys call it Advanced Reactions for step 2 in T2 Reactions but its called Complex Reactions in game in the market tab and the array is called “Complex Reaction Array”. Is this name change intentional since “advanced” is used to discribe the end product in T2 reactions?

1 Like

I’d assume 1 the same as any other industry activity.

1 Like

There’s a subtle change here - I wonder how EVE will be affected.

Previously one account was able to run any number of reactions - the limit was the number of POS arrays set up. Now reactions will be like industry - limited to X reactions per account. I think some people are going to need more alts…

Also

What will happen to siphons and siphoning?

1 Like

Decommisioned and replaced by ninja mining. I’m not convinced this will happen so much but we’ll see.

1 Like

Another question regarding Reaction Formulas: say I want to start 10 jobs of Marshmallow Carbides. Do I need 10 reaction formulas, or one?

1 Like

I assumed 10 same as any other BPC or reaction, but good question.

1 Like

Hi CCP,

I’m a current reactor. I use 1 character to manage 8 current POS’s doing a total of 12 reactions (8 simple and 4 Advanced). I’m looking at the picture you have in the Devo blog and I have noticed a few things. Maximum jobs is 11. Meaning I will not be able to do this with 1 character anymore? Secondly I noticed the duration of the reaction is 3 hours where now it takes just 1 hour. So if I am putting that information together am I going to need possibly 4 characters to do what I am currently doing now?

Cheers,

Vasil

2 Likes

With no ME/TE/copying to be done and NPC supply plentiful it’ll be easy enough to prep for 1 per reaction job running.

The other question on my mind is how set are CCP on the current reaction recipes? 5 blocks for an output of a current reaction hour is going to represent a fairly hefty reduction in ice fuel block consumption. Napkin math suggests we’re going to lose maybe a third to a quarter of fuel block consumption currently happening through reaction POSes.

There is a cost in running the service module but that’s going to rapidly become marginal in a refinery running just one character’s set of reactions.

2 Likes

Sure, but it’d be nice to cut down on the already insane number of blueprints that the average industrialist has by only needing to keep one of each flavor of composite and intermediate around.

1 Like

Agreed. I’m not what I’d consider a large scale manufacturer and I’ve still got a stupid amount of them. BP management could really do with a look at in dev terms at some point.

2 Likes

Agreed. And it’s not going to make the 10k index limit / Industry UI lag any better.
With no research / copy and minimal cost they could treat them like pre-Crius tools with 0% wear if the Crius code permits that at all. I can’t think of anything like that off the top of my head though.

The only other Eve UI I can think of which allows you to set routing and blueprints to process stuff is one I’m not going to name lest I end up with RSI.

1 Like

That’s what it looks like. Will be interesting to see what happens to T2 production → will people pony up and make more alts to keep production at the same level, or will people just give up and go play some other game…

1 Like

Or will many industrialists just fully integrate their production lines?

I personally think the era of moon goo reactions as a major profit activity in its own right is going to vanish. Moon goo harvesting is having the effort increased. Running reactions is having the barrier to entry decreased and becoming a lot easier to just make what you need.

1 Like

So rare highsec ores and ice isent out of the picture?
That’s good then.

1 Like

Probably gonna be a lot of non-rare highsec ores as well. But I hear WHers are excited about that, as what is plentiful in HS is sometimes hard to get in WHs and you either mine it slowly or import it. Being able to moon mine in WHs would give a new source of regular ores to help with building in WHs.

As for HS, whatever would end up coming out of the moon crust in HS would at least make the refinery do something more than just refine. :wink:

1 Like

It means that everyone who wants to run more than 11 Reactions at a time will need to train up more chars or just get more Alts to do so, which isn’t a problem for anyone who is currently doing medium to large scale operations like Moon Reactions. As much as I don’t like some of the obvious geostrategical implications of the Moon Mining Changes, if you follow the logic of reactions being an Industrial job, it should share mechanics with other such jobs. In the end this is just a cost-factor which will influence the price of T2/T3 and not a major obstacle (while the mining part actually is, effectively, a huge new time-sink for people, so that could lead to what you call “give up”, though I hope it doesn’t).

1 Like