Greetings Happy Harvesters!
In this thread we’ll be gathering feedback for the new Refinery structures, the Standup Moon Drill and the Moon Mining Process. This is one of multiple threads for features related to Moon Mining, coming in the EVEs Lifeblood Expansion. See below for links to other features.
WARNING: Many, if not all stats, bonuses, industry requirements, skills, models, effects and more are either placeholder or not final at this time, we remind you that any theory-crafting, skill training or market speculation done based on observations made on the test server are done at your own risk (and often to our amusement). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
Without further ado, lets get into it!
EDIT: As of 13th Sept there is a slash command to speed up your moon mining. While in control of your refinery, use /completeextraction to move the moon chunk to a ready state
Refineries will be the premiere structure for resource collection and processing, with bonuses to reprocessing and the exclusive ability to fit moon mining and reaction service modules. Refineries come in medium (Athanor) and large (Tatara) sizes and like all Upwell Structures they have docking and tethering ability as well as the whole suite of standard structure features like storage, fitting, insurance, repair and corp offices. They are able to fit the same set of basic Standup modules as Citadels and Engineering Complexes. Refinery structures themselves are deployable anywhere that other Upwell structures can be deployed. However only Refineries deployed near minable moons will be able to fit a moon drill service module. A new entry in the right click menu of minable moons allows you to easily warp to the designated Upwell moon mining location. The deployment UI for Refineries shows the extent of the suitable location for moon mining before deployment is confirmed.
- Moon mining point deployment UI is placeholder (Shouldnt be red and have the structure hologram in the centre)
- Refinery structure bonuses are missing.
- All Refinery Stats (Including vulnerability windows) are not final.
- The capital undock ports are missing from the Tatara model.
- The Tatara currently allows all capitals to dock, instead of just the Rorqual.
Note: There is currently no way to speed up the extraction process, but we might add this for Singularity this at a later date.
Standup Moon Drill
The Standup Moon Drill is a new service module that can exclusively be fitted to the new Refinery structures. It operates as any normal service module, with an onlining and hourly fuel cost. Fitting it to a Refinery allows a pilot in the gunner position to begin an extraction process using the new extraction scheduling window. Once a moon chunk has completed its extraction process and is in the ready state, it can be fired upon from the gunner position, exploding it into an asteroid field.
- Many graphical effects are placeholder.
- The Turret may often be misaligned and not playing the extraction effect upon undocking.
- The UI buttons for scheduling extractions and firing upon the moon chunk are placeholder.
The extraction scheduler is a new window designed to allow corporations to schedule and manage moon ore extractions. We hope that the design of the window speaks for itself, so the less said here the better.
4/9 EDIT: The Structure Browser now contains an “Upcoming Events” tab that lists any upcoming extractions for any structure you have access to
- The design of the scheduler window is not final.
- The Extraction in progress page is completely placeholder.
Moon Asteroid Fields
Once a moon chunk has been exploded, a field of asteroids will be created, which can be mined in the normal fashion.
- The parameters for the asteroid field (positions + sizes + content) are all placeholder parameters.
- The positions for the asteroids are not persisted correctly over server downtime.
- Moon asteroids can not be warped to at the moment, except after server downtime.
- Mining Crystals for Moon Asteroids have not been added yet.
- The new asteroid types have not been added to the appropriate default overview groups.
Moon Mineral Distribution
UPDATE (14th Sept) - A new iteration of the moon material distribution has been implemented on Singularity. Your Extraction schedulers and survey scan results will now match this new version as will the ore fields created by the completion of any ongoing extractions. This distribution is following a testing ruleset, and please note that the test server will never have the final live server distribution so probing moons on Singularity will never allow you to determine the eventual live moon compositions on Tranquility. You should expect the composition of moons on Singularity to change multiple times between now and the Lifeblood release as we test our distribution system. We refer you back to the warning at the top of this post.
That’s all for now, we’ll be maintaining this thread as we move through this public testing phase, and adding more information as and when it is required. We’d highly appreciate it if anyone interested in the changes please go try them out on our test server Singularity, let us know what you think and submit bug reports for any problems that occur.
CCP Lebowski for Team Five 0
Other Moon Mining Threads: