Dev Blog: Security: Different times - Different ways

Fuc king yes. Let us know that you are doing stuff! Nothing is more disappointing than trying and trying and trying and not getting a response. See dating.

Also it feels like good people are getting banned while many botters are not facing problems.

It’s actually simple:

Explanation 3: Active ISK Delta = End of Month ISK - All the sinks & faucets - BOM ISK

Basically, whatever “doesn’t add up”, explained away as “the result of player accounts taking the isk offline with them”. But CCP never bothered to actually analyze if that makes sense, or give any stats with the Number of Accounts Delta, Richest Account that Left, or anything like that.

So they’re saying it’s from account action / inaction, but in fact it’s just the diference that they can’t account for when they do the math.

Now, if there is truly no correlation between actual player account actions and the wildly varying amount of ISK disappearing (or appearing) each month as the ISK Delta, then maybe CCP should investigate where the ISK is disappearing like that. If it’s not players…

What a joke.

A few things:

1. The blog talks about since the advent of skill injectors and Alphas botting has run rampant. Gee, who thought up the idea of skill injectors and Alphas? Must have been some ghosts in the machine, since clearly, it was not CCP dev’s and management. CCP is completely culpable for this mess, yet the people that thought up this mess still have their jobs. Why is that? Can’t wait for the null sec cartel apologists/ propaganda team to spin it as “it was a great financial move by CCP”.

2. I love how goons and CCP automatically shoot down any discussion of naming and shaming botters. Given that the EULA explicitly states that CCP owns ALL names, ALL ISK, ALL assets ingame, there are zero problems posting information on their own property. And for those that suggest that exonerated people are now permanently tarred, a parallel list of exonerated chars would do just fine. And if a person is idiotic enough to associate their real life name to their ingame chars, they deserve any notoriety that leads from a banning.

3. CCP cannot state what is obvious to all: Botters will always, always overwhelm the ant-botters, in volume and sophistication. That is the nature of the beast, since anti-botters have to react to new software and tactics by the botters. So is CCP cannot engineer software and/or allocate the resources to hammer bots, then they should apply some social engineering. Announce that no char can be active more than 56 or 84 hours a week. Or pick your number. If someone is playing Eve more than 8 or 12 hours a day on average, there is something badly damaged about them, and CCP should say " we will no longer be party to your addiction. Enjoy our product responsibly." That will certainly not wipe out botters, but at least they will have to purchase another PAYING account. (that is, until CCP does the inevitable idiotic thing and bump Alpha SP limits again).

But there is zero chance CCP will do anything that is logical and reasonable in this so-called war on bots. They will continue to pay lip service to it. 1800 bots in a month…whoop dee do.

3 Likes

if they got flagged for something they’re obviously not “good people” as you state. I remember one person who I thought was a decent guy, he owned the majority of t2 cloak bpo’s and several others while appearing very indy savvy. Around the time of the last lotto, he was dumb enough to RMT and got caught for it so his account and all assets he owned went poof.

I know of at least 2 instances where someone completely unrelated to an RMTer got banned simply because that first person happened to buy some contracts from that RMTer in Jita.

Are you implying that there is only ONE RMTer in Jita? :wink:

Oh, look, Dinsdale’s nothing but negative. Today must end in -y.

1 Like

The article goes a long way. It is definitely good to have transparency on this issue.
Now everyone will no longer have the perception of “nothing is being done”.

1 Like

I always wonder how hard botters are hit by CCP - like if you ban someone for botting does that account and its transactions get investigated? Do you then ban the accounts that it transferred ISK to, or do any further investigation into those accounts? f.example did account A receive 50billion isk over the course of a month from all these botters then buy plex with them that they dumped in space?

You forgot the /S

Oh look, a lead goon, one who has trillions of ISK flow through their hands every month, deflecting as usual.

What is your best guess on what percent of accounts are strictly botters?
How many accounts were banned the month before, or the month before that?
How many accounts will CCP ban next month?
How many people did CCP just pull in from other projects for a purge, because of players screaming?

1800 accounts is a tiny percentage of active paying accounts. Does anyone truly believe that this is a significant dent in bots?

CCP could be the most accurate source of information on how bad the plague is, but they will never say.

1 Like

I have trillions of ISK? Awesome, then I can afford to get a second account back to Omega! Which character is it on?

1 Like

Get rid of Alpha clones and skill injectors. These were horrible decisions to begin with and apparently worse than we thought.

4 Likes

Just out of curiosity:

In your estimation, is the number of active paying accounts greater/less than 500,000?
In your estimation, how many active paying accounts are there?
In your estimation, what percentage of active paying accounts run botting software?

May I suggest Keepass2 instead? They have a ton of plugins and can even fetch the browser passwords.
It’s very easy to use and freeware. KeepassX was an attempt to make keepass2 for Linux. There is a mono plugin for Ubuntu now.

Again, nice deflection. I said trillions a month flow through your hands, via taxes on bounties and mining, etc.
I have no idea how much leadership skims off the top, but this is all part of the goon plan to derail a thread.

Last time CCP announced subs, it was north of 300,000.
I am pretty sure it less than that today.
I have no idea what percentage are botters. But assuming there are 300,000 paid accounts, 1800 bot accounts is 0.6%. There is a heluva lot higher percentage than that.

So you do not want to provide an estimate because you have no idea…and yet make conclusions that require some estimate (even though that internal process is not conscious).

I do love seeing the non-rational human brain at work :slight_smile:

P.S. - this isnt an attack. Merely, an observation about which mental processes are running the show on this issue. I thought maybe your numbers came from the rational side as opposed to the intuition side.

i think the numbers come from the side of him that doesnt see much daylight