Dev blog: Security Update - Q3 2018

Cyber just because you’re terrible at multiboxing doesn’t mean everyone else is cheating… The same goes for your tactics and fc skills.

1 Like

Khromius your isboxer broadcasting stands for itself. If CPP isnt to lazy to pull the data from their logs they will find multiple entrys from your alts with the same timestamp.

Btw: You and your guys fit excellent into pirat.

The botter & The isboxer

Your fear and greed is the scourge of this game. Encouraging meanness and nastiness in people, you cultivate all the lower and primitive emotions in your game. Hiding behind the illusion of peace, sow pitiful vices. Until you overcome the thirst for profit will not be a successful project. The founders of this game were dreamers and the current leaders are pathetic, vile, mean and stupid leaders. Your souls have rotted in vices.

2 Likes

Why would the service provider even give two shits?

This would be terrible if it were true!

CCP does not sell in game assets aside from PLEX, skins and skill extractors…which in and of themselves provide no real benefit. Now, you can sell your PLEX, in game, for ISK. You can then use that ISK to buy things like SP, ships, modules and other assets. But then again…that is kind of what I’ve done. Of course it has taken me almost 11 years to get here. If someone wants to pay a premium to try and get to the same point…who cares? Why do you care if some wallet-warrior manages to buy enough SP/assets to get into a titan in 3 weeks? He’s paid a extremely high premium to do so.

1 Like

We really need this Yulai stuff to be a regular event. Murder zone for bots and public shaming of the culprit and culprits’ alliances. I would also vote for disbanding alliances that have proven to be a hive for bots of all sorts.

1 Like

That is the first good idea in this entire thread.

Wait, what? Is the image posted there legit? If so, where is it from?

Also… WTS ISK. I accept whisky as payment.

Thanks guys, your hard work is appreciated…

o/
Celly S.

does every ‘fix’ or patch have to include ‘wreck mac client’?.. again launcher dead…

Except that isnt CCP. that’s Netease. And Serenity.
Stop spreading clearly false rumours.

RMT really isn’t that hard to identify.

First gankers perform their ganks in High Sec destroying trillions worth of ISK in ships but more importantly they gather the loot and then sell the loot on the market or reprocess the loot for minerals. The minerals are then sold on the market at a medium price to generate a demand for their product.

The ISK is then used purchase Capitals and Titans that are used to farm combat sites, belts and gates. The assets that the Titan gathers is then converted into RMT ISK or ISK that is sold in game for less than market value that is adjusted based on PLEX costs. The ISK is then sold to players using many methods of transfer such as Paypal. Once the ISK buyer has purchased their ISK the ISK is then transferred to their in game accounts through small amounts or those fake Fireside Sales that are common in Jita.

You keep thinking that. When it eventually hits TQ, you can come back and let me know you were wrong.

Yes, I’m sure you called plenty of people idiots when they said EvE would eventually turn F2P, or when people predicted skill training would be in the cash shop. How’d that work out? Let’s remember, to Hilmar, Greed Is Good.

So you are saying CCP not only condones, but encourages RMT.

@CCP_Falcon really you going to let this kind of slagging slide? Don’t worry I figured you would.,

Based on on what? Other than your psychosis that is?

Actually, you might want to make a distinction. Yes, CCP is focused on expanding RMT. F2P is exactly this. But CCP’s RMT, not third party RMT. CCP’s commercial model, CCP’s prerogative, CCP’s policies.

It’s a pitfall of perception and definitions. Yet CCP has always been clear on considering third party rmt unwanted and harmful competition. For a long time we thought that meant that CCP was averse to integrating rmt concepts in the operational model of EVE. Then one fine day we got F2P. Which is not a static, but a developing model.

There are no prohibitions, but it would pretty much destroy the in game economy which is why they don’t do it.

RMT where you can buy ISK and resources that are created out of thin air will upset a game’s economy pretty quick.

There have been a few posts saying that CCP isn’t using RMT for their own corporate benefit because they are not directly selling ISK. But they do directly sell PLEX for RM and then allow it to be resold in game for ISK, and it is very liquid with an active efficient market to easily convert PLEX into ISK. So CCP does do RMT through these RM PLEX sales. That should be an undisputed fact.

I agree with the comments that as CCP migrates to a more F2P business model, and has a larger percentage of players using alpha accounts that don’t pay a monthly fee, CCP will seek ever more “creative” ways to harvest RM by selling in game advantages. This will eventually ruin the game. I don’t play games that are heavily affected by this sort of in game RM manipulation. It totally ruins the game as it becomes more about who is willing to spend the most RM instead of who is playing the best game. Many of the free mobile phone games are plagued by this business model and I don’t choose to play them.

I really hope CCP steps away from the cliff of the F2P and alpha accounts. If someone won’t or can’t pay $10-15 a month for unlimited play access then they are not a serious player and let them go. It was one of the great aspects of WoW that they never took that path and stuck with their subscription business model where everyone competed on a basically level playing field without RM purchased advantages. Good for Blizzard. Of course there are always the gold miners, etc. who break the game rules and that battle can never be entirely won, but at least the game developer shouldn’t hypocritically do the same thing and violate their own game rules.

So what?

The point is no ISK is being created de novo. Somebody has to earn that ISK somehow…which is done via trading time for ISK.

What breaks a game is when you can buy resources de novo, IMO. I used to play World of Tanks. For awhile you could play for free, but after awhile you must open your wallet. With EVE CCP has been pretty clever IMO. Yes you can open your wallet and buy PLEX and get both SP and ISK, but they are not created “out of thin air” but come from other players in game who trade their time for those things. Thus, the supply is not “perfectly elastic” (look it up on google and learn something).