[Dev Blog] The second timer in M2-XFE

You dont go to GD or C&P much, clearly

2 Likes

Wait until he discovers features and ideas :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I don’t think a new player who started 7 days ago knows enough about the forums, the fight, the concept of the CSM to make this post. This is one of those “new players” who’s actually just an alt, pretending.

4 Likes

So, did goons show up after downtime and camp the system? How do you show up first to a system being camped by a force large enough to tidi the system right after downtime to attack it?

Also, isn’t tidi the CCPs response to not allow these problems wasn’t it created to protect the game from just utter nonsense when the fights got too demanding for the system?

I’m not in this fight but if these things happened individually to these people not in this system not tied up to this big fight they would be cause for replacement. The fact that tidi didn’t actually work to protect the game from doing crazy things shouldn’t justify a sitting on hands response.

Yea and the paspi never brought number when they were defending their keepstars? We were told to suck it up several times when we got screwed over by the server. But somehow when it happens to hypocrisy coalition it’s ebil goons and bad CCP.

Maybe go on crying in stations and cry some more. We always need more M2 100% pure tears.

Yea because it is known that people see huge 0.0 fights and think, “man I gotta get me some of that”, only to stick around in high sec grinding missions. Since you are not involved in 0.0 you might as well be playing a completely different game for all this impacts you.
Interestingly enough, it is only the huge 0.0 battels, and CCP helping/cheating one side, that gets in the media. Seems that grinding high sec missions makes for even less exciting footage than our max TiDi battles.

1 Like

Paspi are well known forum warriors, far less risk of getting shot back on the forums so far safer (here because there are just likes and on reddit because they outnumber everyone else). :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, Goons never do that…

It’s unfortunate that the first thing you decided to post was a screed attacking me personally.

This didn’t make the game look stupid and unplayable. Rational, thinking people recognize that when you try to do something that has literally never been done in gaming before - putting 12k people into a Titan fight on the same grid - the game is going to hit the bleeding edge of what technology is capable of.

People who look at that fight and scream at the company are being unreasonable.

3 Likes

No, we got there about four hours before the timer came out.

It was created to make it possible for these fights to happen.

1 Like

They should be screaming at you all who made the choice to game the mechanics to avoid pvp.

1 Like

gowns crashed the server to avoid pvp…lol

1 Like

Except it didn’t crash. Fake news

They werent the ones avoiding pvp

We got plenty of PvP that day.

This is the whole point of time dilation. It didn’t work. Its supposed to work to make these fights possible, but even with it it was impossible. A no response for the game screwing up so much is a bad move.

1 Like

I had a group friends all excited about starting eve again after 5 years breaks. I sent over around 30 friends to watch streams of this awesome 2nd timer. Instead they got shown how lazy CCP still is. Instead of letting something be exploited a quick reset of the node would have allowed everyone to get some ships in and have a brawl. It would have been epic and that’s what gets people interested and wanting to play. Now all those people that were excited to come back, uninstalled before even coming back into the game.

2 Likes

They didnt already know that Null fleet actions were more boring than paint drying already? Curious

The also installed, then uninstalled without running the game. Thats remarkable.

1 Like

You do know how a node reset works right?
It disconnects literally everyone on the node, and then every single one of them would have to log back in and hope it worked. It puts vastly MORE strain on the node when they log in, so even more people would have had issues.

2 Likes

Come on now, it was obvious from his post he’s clueless about everything he stated. According to him if we all were just less lazy we’d have solved world hunger and diseases by now, that’s the level of reasoning and logic we’re looking at.