[Dev Blog] The second timer in M2-XFE

PASPI had no problems with that policy when our titans were not reimbursed and that was a clear server bug (supposedly fixed now but nobody knows for sure until it is tested under full load again).
You guys should rename yourself to hypocrisy coalition because you are so full of it.

3 Likes

The lift has usually a sign, how many concurrent persons are allowed to use the lift.

If more than amount of allowed people is in the liuft and the lift crash,
the company has not to pay.

If they not set a limit, the company must pay.

Very simple.

2 Likes

You mean these signs that read ā€œ10 people or 2 US-Americansā€?

2 Likes

No itā€™s not. CCP does not interfere with big fights. No discussion, no whining. Thatā€™s the way it is and itā€™s been from day one. We all knew it going in.

Itā€™s trivial for them to log in and we will send them to T5Z in a few minutes (speed depends on how many login at the same time).

No itā€™s not. We canā€™t react in the same way without warning. Notice how we were in system and ready 4+ hours before the timer. If you ping right now for rescue and outform us there is very little we can do about it. Yes, it will be bloody but you will get out your ships. Since you have 3+ number of chars of entire imperium it should be easy to do this if you can be bothered to do it. Sadly itā€™s easier to cry on forums for CCP to do your work for you.

Which reminds me. If you are that lazy why start a hell war in the first place? Did you really fall for the BS about how we would give up just from seeing your forces? We donā€™t give up and, worse for you, donā€™t forget!

3 Likes

real img

2 Likes

I see, Reddit rejected you and now you had to find a new outlet for your boredom. May remind you of how much you whined about Panfam using the server mechanics against you in YZ9 and how much we cheated the game? Rhetoric question, of course.

2 Likes

Those suggestions are so bad it makes my eyes water.
They tried it with Fozzie sov and every sane person hates it. Itā€™s more hated than Greyscales jump fatigue which is saying something.

No. If there is no artificial limits we will always find a way to cram in more people. Even if the fight is split up we will just dump several thousands in each location.
Solution is for players to adapt and handle server performance. Problem with that is that it demands work from lazy people like you who want everything served on a plate and who think that everyone else on the server should be there to provide easy kills so that you can circle jerk on reddit about it.

3 Likes

Yes, do that. In 5 systems simultaneously. If you manage to push 5000 characters into each system, you clearly have all the reason to win such a war. I want to see that happening. There donā€™t need to be physical limitations if the physical limits cannot be reached.

More people hate not functioning servers. Not functioning servers beat Fozzie Sov. For your watering eyes: I suggest you stop cutting onions or at least get a handkerchief to soak up the tears. We donā€™t want them to get on a server blade and hamper the cluster performance even more.

2 Likes

How pedantic.

Frieght lifts have a sign in weight, not in persons.

Also, what about things without signs? Cars? Rooms? Etc etc?

And were you complaining and being a crybaby last time it happened?

I fear not

We were not happy and complained about bubbles making it impossible to load grid properly. We never asked for reimbursement or any other ā€œsolutionsā€ suggested by paspi side now. There is a difference there.

Even when we found out that there are ghost titans that seems to have escaped death despite producing KMs nobody was asking for CCP to remove them from the game. We all know that going into big fights there will be weird stuff going on and CCP policy has always been not to interfere. If you canā€™t accept that go play hello kitty online.

1 Like

Access lottery?

Those were some insane oytputs, it seems only PASPI bought losing tickets.

Clearly it was not a lottery, goons won every ticket if it was.

All those Titans died as Vily made a terrible call. Unless he makes some very good ones in the coming weeks heā€™ll have lost the war.

Then Mittens smug will last as long as Frat allows it. Frat has won Eve, China bots best so will smash any force in TQ. CCP will god lightning bolt Frat if they attack anyone relevant to sub baseline, eve will not survive the bolt.

Lets be clear goons won, nothing, Papi lost & Frat wins every hour of every day of the last 2 years.

And that is acceptable? No wonder that CCP keeps getting away with abysmal features if they have players like these.

PASPI has those numbers so what exactly is the problem? Were you crying as much when we were on the receiving end of server performance? When we had to sacrifice trillions and trillions in ships to kill those Keepstars?
Now your side lost a few ships and itā€™s tears central. All those lost ships donā€™t cost as much as we lost killing those keepstars, yet, you are the one crying here, despite outnumbering us 3+ to 1.

1 Like

I am always complaining when the server does not meet standards of expected gameplay quality. I donā€™t really care if you or Panfam is on the receiving end. All I care about is that I can play EVE properly. I could not do that in M2, I could not in YZ9, I could not in M-O. Nothing has changed since then for the better. Not a single thing. That is what I am complain about. Not the loss or fake loss of a few worthless titan hulls. If you think that way, you are just as narrowminded as CCP.

It is reality.
There are physical limits to everything. CCP is doing an amazing job but there is only so much they can do. The only ā€œeasyā€ fix would be if IBM would start selling Zen 3 based blades. Even then thatā€™s maybe 20-30% more performance which we will fill in an instant.

Number of uninformed people talking about multithreading and cloud as solution is large but that does not mean that they know what they are talking about. In reality some things canā€™t be multi-threaded and eve is one of them. You can possibly change the mechanics completely (something along the lines of where each command during a tick is added up and then final tally tells you what happens, instead of current system where ordering (timing) of commands matters) and multi-thread that but it would be a very different game and behaviour at that point.

Tl:dr Reality is hard while crying is easy, which is why so many are crying in here.

2 Likes

Since you are so sure that it can be easily solved why not start your own EVE2. Iā€™m sure all of use will gladly switch over when you show us how you handle massive fights without TiDi or any other server performance issues.

Again, you donā€™t get it. I am not disputing the physical limitations. CCP knows them since Asakai, 6VDT and way before that. I am pointing out that CCP does not act with these limitations in mind when they introduce new features. They simply ignore them.

I am not even talking about code changes to enable multithreading, which I know is not feasible. I am talking about spreading out the people to several systems so that the server can handle them all better and to actually make blobfests like M2 a thing that is not going to happen every time a KS is being attacked.

The only crybaby here is you. Everyone else talks constructively. But with that crybaby-existence you are also in good company with CCP who just released this dev blog full of crying and whining and lying. So, props to you for assisting them in keeping their warped view of reality actual reality.

Why would I? One EVE is enough ā€¦ if it was lead by actually competent developers and not social media drabs who lust for media attention above anything else. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

enter search term

ā€œlift signā€ in picuture search on google.

and check how many signs you see with persone and how many with weight.

car ?

No sign, but it will desribed in the manual and also in laws etc.

rooms?

It depends on the room, so sometimes yes and it depends,
if I loose something. If I bought a ticket for a concert
and I canā€™t get in, because the organiser overbooked/oversold the room.

I did not loose anything, so I canā€™t get reimbured anything, but Iā€™m amused (not crying) about
CCPs position.

I imagine a bank, where customer loose money in the banking app,
because the server was overloaded and the bank denied the reimbursement,
because it is the customer fault, that so many customer use our bank app on the same time.

2 Likes

If you force players to spread out itā€™s not a sandbox. Nothing prevented PASPI to use their 3+ numerical advantage and hit several systems at the same time. Nothing, except that would demand extra work. System is there. You can chose which ones of our assets to attack and you have a numerical advantage. Only thing missing is willingness to do the work and competent leadership.

CCP canā€™t help you with either.

1 Like

But forcing them to try to enter an overloaded system is? Not allowing them to enter is? And Fozzie Sov, which does exactly that is not sandbox either? Or SBUs, which forced you to be on several grids, neither? I think you need to work on the koolaid mixture, itā€™s clearly not having a good effect on you. :thinking:

That is exactly the point of it. And they have to do it with fewer numbers per system because they are spread out. Like CFC has to do it. And so fewer characters are in each system, which means more people can actually fight and make a difference. Congratulations, you actually got the idea. :tada:

No, that system is not there for Keepstars. It is there for sov. It ought to be there for Keepstars, though. It does not even have to be wandering nodes. Static nodes that you need to keep captured for 30 minutes would suffice. 30 minutes is the amount of time that you need to shoot a KS into RF or kill it at damage cap, by the way, just in case you want to call this number ā€œnot sandboxā€.

1 Like