Dev blog: Welcome To The Warzone - A Guest Blog From The EVE Valkyrie Team

Has anyone seen the t ch requirements?
Hardware? Software? OS?

Please CCP I hope this is multiplatform. I can understand a delay in some plateforme as not all of them yet have the OS software to run VR like content.

Mac user here, would love to see more love from CCP on this platform- my understanding is that Metal is an awesome piece of software and is just getting better. As well as Vulcan.

Just wanna know if I will have to pony up and get windows to keep playing eve games or not.

1 Like

That means, i can get my exclusive ship on PS4 (the ship i got for the Second Decade Collectors Edition) ?

Looking good. I might be tempted to give it a try now that it’s possible to play without an expensive VR set.

Will TrackIR be supported?

“+” for macos

So now to important quesition. Will we finally get that or not?

7 Likes

I finally bought an Oculus Rift with Touch controllers yesterday. This tech feels miraculous, trust me. It may be expensive, but it’s not TOO expensive. For what it is, it’s incredibly good value. Oculus are doing a promotion over the summer - I got the Rift with two Touch controllers for £399 (British Pounds, no doubt cheaper in USD). For that price, it’s an absolute steal.

Don’t let the cost of VR put you off. It’s the greatest investment in gaming you’ll make this decade. I dived in with an Oculus Rift yesterday and it’s like having my own Holodeck. Sure, it’s expensive, but it’s totally worth it, especially with the promotion Oculus are currently running.

two things this thread makes me curious about.

• can my machine handle it
  • how many alts does Cam actually have?

this is interesting news, looking forward to it!

Came here to rant about VR and how it sucks that EVE: Valkyrie requires that. Then read

and I went all

Damn, I can’t wait to

2 Likes

Unfortunately, like most things here in Australia, that’s simply not the case. You’re still looking at $900 AUD for a Rift, not including shipping or $1200+ AUD for a Vive kit. For some, that is an entire PC system, let alone one component. To put that into perspective, I could buy a second GTX 1080 and still have $400 to put towards something else, maybe a second monitor. And that will benefit all games, not just VR. :frowning:

1 Like

That’s what you get for living in a half witted fascist mining colony where the political caste police the bejesus out of everything but themselves.

Get the hell out, if you can. It is a great place for a holiday, but no country for old men.

2 Likes

This is awesome news… I can’t wait to play this on “flatscreen” and upgrade to VR later. Everyone whining about resources must not pay a lot of attention to how other successful game shops operate.

1 Like

Completely unrealistic physics, dogfighting in space, that game is everything EvE thankfully is not. It doesn’t even deserve the EvE moniker.

Oh hey, you’re making your products available to a wider audience now! :thumbsupparrot:

Ya know, I always wanted to try DUST…

:wink:

2 Likes

That was just savage. :laughing:

EVE has realistic physics? I’m pretty sure Max Singularity did an entire presentation at FanFest this year to make up a new set of physics to explain how EVE ships don’t obey physics at all.

Is it really that disgusting to you that they took what was supposed to be a tech demo and made it into it’s own game at the behest of us? Because remember, they didn’t intend for it to be a game. The EVE community and Press attendees at FanFest and EVE Vegas after they made it insisted that it should be made into its own game.

Besides, I think it’s okay to make a game that’s fun and set within the EVE universe. Hell, the next update is even changing the upgrade system to be sort of like a light version of Fitting in EVE.

1 Like

Because we all know how realistic the physics of EVE Online, aka submarines in space, really are.

2 Likes

Actually I recommend VR-supported specs just in case.

You must be one of those arcade contards that actually think Elite:Dangerous and Star Citizen are in any way close to accurate. There’s no atmosphere to "fly"through in space, amigo. EvE’s “submarines in space” is a hell of a lot more accurate than any of these craptatic space shooters.

Always interesting to see why people like something or don’t.
Personally I don’t care too much if a game taking place in space has unrealistic physics. You made me think why that is and I guess it’s because I most likely never will experience how it really would be. I have no experience if hiw it would be aside from movies (‘Gravity’ anyone?) - and those surely are not the best sources to relate to, lol.
So I leave this issue to the developers, to their and my imagination and just enjoy a fictional computer game.
If the fact that something is unrealistic takes away the fun for you that much that you don’t want to play it anymore is sad, but also not by problem.