Seems you cant go to next DEV / CSM / ISD post by clicking the TAG of such a person. Intentional?
As it is right now, yes. Click on the user’s picture at the bottom of an original post, then hit the filter button to see all their posts.
The row of user portraits appears to show the 24 most frequent posters in a thread.
- This will not necessarily include every (or even any) dev user posting in a thread.
- It’s sorted by post count, not chronologically.
- It only allows filtering for one user at a time. I can’t view “dev posts”; I have to view e.g. Logibro’s posts, then Falcon’s posts, then…
- Filtering hides context. The only way to see any context is to expand all hidden replies, which immediately negates the value of the filter.
In short, the row of user portraits has no value for this usage pattern.
As far as I can tell:
- The only way to categorically pick out dev posts is via the group activity page (https://meta.eveonline.com/groups/Developers/activity/posts).
- This only shows posts for a single group at a time, not e.g. DEV+GM.
- There is no obvious or convenient in-site path to this page. The best way to view the activity of multiple groups is with separate external deep links to each.
- There is no in-site integration with this page. I can’t subscribe to it. I can’t filter it. It doesn’t respect my preferences, e.g. muting subforums for languages I don’t speak.
These issues obstruct the objective of staying up-to-date with official communication from CCP. They become especially problematic in the context of Highly Active Threads, where making such communication accessible (let alone promoting it!) is of elevated importance.
All GMs are in the Dev group as well.
The main problem here is that discoverability of CCP communications in a specific topic is poor, at best. There’s no way to only show replies from DEV/GM/ISD/CSM/etc in a single topic.
What would be more awesome is to filter a thread on just DEV/GM/ISD/CSM posts and mute out the rest. (even better to have thread alerts on tags).
That would be awesome. On the old forums I loved the filtering option to be able to see and jump to CCP/ISD posts. Something similar to the old forum filtering would be nice indeed.