Devblog: Changes To The Recruitment Program Coming Soon!

Very good changes. The system has been abused for so many years, it was about time.

1 Like

after the introduction of blackout you do not need anyone. I analyzed online. At least 5,000 players have left the game. and your games with XP and gifts are not needed by anyone

4 Likes

If 5k carebears have left the game, then I call that improvement . No one needs nullsec krabs.

1 Like

Wow. and to whom will you sell goods? who will buy the plex? I think that the new owners will destroy the game … because then they need to move BDO

2 Likes

abuse? how was that possible?

I havent analyzed anything, but it is intriguing that the online player count is extremely stable on the launcher imo. Seems to be very, very normal. Yet no one ever talks in local.

And Jita, I would maybe say to you, enjoy when they rename a burner AI after me, and I kill you in pvp long after I am gone. Because thats your future when everyone leaves.

AI. You know, the 10,000 of the world record 14,xxx players in the tech demo.

I plan to attend in August, I hope you do as well. And I feel the attendance might peek into what really is going on.

Jesus wept, you’re one hell of a slow learner.

1 Like

Tears are really tasty, and highly addictive. I needed time to get off that stuff.

But yeah, slow as turtle.

1 Like

all i see here is greed.soon the plex market will crash/dry up making player who what to play for free pay stupid isk for plex or making us play real cash.not all players are in 100+ crops so soon only the hardcore players will be left. and what the hell you gave us 350 plex but you only what to give us 15 days when u change it.so we loing out on 100 plex.we get it you wanna stop afk alt farmers but all you doin is pushing ur players away form the game

1 Like

WOW!?!? Gone forever? Maybe you could use that SP if you went omega.

2 Likes

CCP, do you really believe the majority of recruiters do this because they love the game soooo much and get huge personal satisfaction from seeing so many new people enter the game?

The vast majority of recruiters, myself included, do this to make ISK. Pure and simple. Now, you’re taking this away, which in turn means you’re removing a recruiters incentive to recruit.

It’s not like your GM’s have already confirmed to me that not all conversions show up anyway and some slip through and go unnoticed, and therefore unrewarded. Oh wait no - that does happen.

Even before the last change, we could have chosen a months omega as a reward, now it’s 15 days and some crappy items that are due to tank in value even more than they have in recent days already.

This is my page http://eveonline-recruitafriend.uk/ It’s at close to 200 recruits and so far 19 conversions. I know I won’t be your greatest recruiter, but we all add up. After these changes take effect, the 600m bonus I offer people will have to go - this ain’t no charity.

In fact, I can see me just taking the whole thing down. Or maybe replace it with something a little less eve-friendly.

Who knows? Who cares? Not really me any more. Good Job CCP.

4 Likes

Blackout damage control measures keep increasing, probably because of how “good for the game” (lol) it is.

What is the next stage? Bumping PCU with free skillpoints, now bumping PCU with better reward for alts, the next step is what, rewards for staying online for 1 hour?

3 Likes

This is very much on point for me as well. I offered the lion’s share of the PLEX reward to people who used my link, and even had a sub-referral system going that a few people used to make extra ISK.

Over the years, I’ve sent more than 300 players to the game through this system, with many upgrades, although only a few since the change to the new system a while back.

Point is, that completely stops now. Many people referred new accounts because they were enticed by the ISK. I get it, you have to try and control the flow of PLEX into the game, but what do you think is going to happen CCP? Do you believe that hundreds of players are just going to start dumping PLEX? Or is the price about to jump even higher per unit due to scarcity?

I’d be very interested to see what happens a few weeks from now with new player registration numbers.

2 Likes

Will we need to change out our referral links that are html hard coded into our webpage ads for Eve Online.

The ones that help drive new players into the game?

Your writing made me to login here the first time.
So you son’s ship was blown to pieces. Thats unfortunately to hear but such things happen. I’m honestly sorry for your son’s loss

But what made me cringe at your words : ONLY after your OWN son lost a ship he hard farmed for many days and ONLY THEN you realized what kind of a-s-s-h-o-l-e you have been for a long time?
How you enjoyed lurking somewhere destroying other peoples things? Only then?

Yes, EVE has a lot of PvP and even many claim that high sec should become like low or null. But its not for them to do PvP … oh no … it’s just to destroy other peoples belonging withing the anonymity of an internet game. To avoid being concorded.
To give other people pain and suffering and tears.
I would call such people just A-S-S-H-O-L-E-S.

If they want to fight then THEY should go to low, or to null, where they can fight each other. For whatever gain.

I like the PvE aspect of the game. And even if i get into PvP while being in low or in null i know and accept the risk. But generally i am here to fly nice space ships after a hard days work at my company.
To enjoy and relax the beauty of a new ship, of a new skin. And i fly my ships close to see them. See the turrets rotating, see the shields flaring. Not just some bleeps from afar.
And for this i like high sec just to avoid beeing a-s-s-h-o-l-e-d by some shitty grappy guy who has no challenge in real life as i must guess.

For your son … if you’re in the game since 15 years you have enough assets to gift him a new ship.
And maybe next time some instructions on how to go through low and null.

Regards

4 Likes

I’m just here for the :popcorn: and entitled crying of EVE players.

Good change, hope we keep seeing more steps to fix EVE’s problems.

3 Likes

OMG you poor guy. Must be awful to walk through life so entitled.

Wow, CCP is acting like a chicken with it’s head cut off.

Just flopping around all over the place while slowly dying.

3 Likes

I can see where giving SP instead of PLEX might be a good incentive for some players. As long as the SP are given as straight points and not skill injectors. The PLEX doesn’t translate into many SP if the recruiter has more than 80m SP already. (Would only get 150k SP per injector.) Recruiters just need to adjust their flows of ISK that would have gone to injectors to go to buying the PLEX on the market for their Omega.

In the end, the market will decide whether the customers prefer this arrangement. And like my daddy said, “You won’t get nuthin’ from her if you don’t ask.” Capitalism is always trying to find more efficient and effective ways – before the competitor does.

That’s a bold strategy. We’ll see how this plays out.