Devblog: Chat System - An Update & The Future!

Same old ccp ■■■■■■■■, have some free xp to calm the masses. Force it to be on the highest SP toon even though would more than likely be more useful to almost everyone in game if we could redeem it where the ■■■■ we want.
Last but not least continue to “try and fix” the same shitty system that they for the mostpart have little to no control of how AWS routes users and fucks most people.
Wish dual universe would hurry the ■■■■ up.

1 Like

Could be that I’m just misinterpreting the phrasing of it. But it seems very ambiguous.

oh and lets add the free xp issues and for thos people who have suffered through nearly the whole thing but don’t go back to your cut off date get ■■■■■■ in to the ground even though they had ZERO control and suffered just the same as everyone else that will be successful in getting the free xp, SHAME ON YOU CCP! MAKE IT UP TO TODAYS DATE THE CUT OFF!

1 Like

I’m sure CCP does their best in this regard, but yeah, there’s limits. Also, there’s a stupendous amount of post-brexit issues to tackle for AWS / CCP’s NOC.

Relax, CCP is spying on them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the update

And

As we’ve previously explained, overhauling the chat system is a vital part of the future-proofing work that’s going into EVE, which also includes the retirement of old systems such as player owned structures and the introduction of a 64-bit client, the latter of which will be upon us soon.

Nice

1 Like

Only suffered through broken chat for 9 months instead of 11, GG me I guess. What an odd way to compensate people for an issue that’s lasted almost an entire year.

5 Likes

Didn’t even know they had seperate chat system until today when I did a test regarding connection and it failed on ping test. Wonders if that’s been the cause my stuttering graphic problems last MONTH half!!!

Could be that I’m just misinterpreting the phrasing of it. But it seems very ambiguous.

It isn’t. Ambiguous means that something is reasonably open to different interpretations. There’s no different way to interpret “every account that held omega clone status as of the start of daily downtime on March 20th, 2018 … will receive a gift” than “if you weren’t an omega account at the precise instant we’re specifying, then you don’t get the bonus SP.”

I fully expect they’ll say that they didn’t say what they meant, or say that they changed their mind in light of player feedback, and then they’ll give everyone who has been an omega at any point since March 20th, 2018 the bonus SP. But yeah, what they said so far was not ambiguous.

1 Like

That’s what I thought initially as well.

Not sure if you’ve had this issue raised before, and ultimately, it is a minor annoyance. Anytime I launch the client my chat windows always default to the same tab. This tab is always the same and no matter what I do (aside from close the tab) the same tab is selected when I log back in.

This has been happening since the the new chat server went live last March. So it isn’t a new issue.

Could this please be used as a trigger to go back and review all the big recent additions to the game? There are a few things that could do with some rework (citadel spam, super cap balance etc).

I do appreciate that would mean a slow down in new stuff but sometimes its necessary.

I don’t have the code in front of me right now, but I think it defaults to the tab last created.

1 Like

I don’t quite follow what Royal Flush or killing off means here. Could you describe what you’re seeing a different way?

This OMG so much THIS!

2 Likes

So much this. People who have played the game since March 2018 have been affected by this, and should not be forgotten.

3 Likes

I came back to eve after a 3 year break and reactivated 20+ accounts ons 12.04.2018. I guess CCP doesn’t give a ■■■■ about anyone who join/cane back to the game after 20th March 2018.

5 Likes

To quote my own bug report from July 14th:

When managing a channel, adding a corp/alliance to the blocked list will also instantly kick every non-operator member that is not part of the corp/alliance. These members can rejoin again right away, but it can still be very confusing and disrupting.

I believe some from my moderator team reported this bug earlier (Anti-ganking/Gank-Intel channels), after it appeared with the big chat backend patch, but this is quite a while ago now, and I just forgot about the bug briefly and ended up kicking 100-200 characters by accident. So just wanted to possibly bump its priority by emphasizing that the bug is quite disrupting for us.

Reproduction Steps

1. Create new channel
  2. Join with any second character (haven’t tested with char in NPC corp)
  3. Don’t make second character operator
  4. Add any corp/alliance to blocked list that the second character is not member of
  5. Watch second character get kicked
3 Likes

Rgr that, I’ll take a look at it tomorrow. When you say “appeared with the big chat backend patch”, do you have a specific (or approximate) date that you know it started on for sure? That’ll help narrow down causes.

Is there anyway to change this? I’d be pretty cool if i could choose which tabs each window defaults to when the client launches.

1 Like

Can I just say out of all the Issues with the Chat system my biggest annoyance in game is the loose of in Game audio chat ,A lot of people can’t be bothered in small scale random fleets using a 3rd party Chat server for audio ,And when you form Random fleets in game with other players you don’t want to mess around with setting up there teamspeak settings ect.

1 Like