Devblog: Chat System - An Update & The Future!

To emphasize Rivr Luzade’s list, I would mention all those things too, although, if several hundred entries on blocked list is rare, having over 3400 entries mirrored between Anti-ganking and Gank-Intel might be… something else. Last time I timed the loading a good while ago, it took about 40 seconds to load on a good PC, my other operators have mentioned up to 5 minutes.

Just tested that muted chars do get a red message in chat (but lacking duration and name of operator) while operators don’t see this message, which cause confusion and extra work between operators. Kicked chars don’t see any message ofc, since their chat window is just closed instead (not ideal, but we’re used to it I guess).

And yeah, please bring back the display of the reason and name of operator doing the blocking when viewing blocked list.

Possibly more issues to mention soon - but loving the new owners list btw.

Please make it the first or last tab in a chat, or have some way of setting it. Currently, I’m stuck with a public channel as the default window, while I’d much prefer corp chat to be the default. Leaving corp just to fix a chat window seems slightly excessive.

I just really do not ever want to end up again with a Jita Local while not being in Jita nor having passed through it :confused:

Sadly, this still happens.

1 Like

So which of my accounts was omega almost a year ago on some EXACT date and which char has the most SP and probably doesn’t need more…

You can’t add this SP though the redeeming system so that any char can use it??

2 Likes

Hi CCP,

any chance you can put the 500k SP in the redeeming queue of eligible accounts, like you did for SP rewards during ‘13 days of EVE’, rather then “force feeding” it to a character of CCP’s choice?

5 Likes

It seems strange for not all those who have been affected by the chat system issues to get any form of compensation.

I joined in September 2018, so it would appear I get nothing, even though I suffered through the issues with the chat system over the winter, and am a paying customer of CCP.

I think it would be more fair to set the cut of date as 2019-01-09, as this is the date that compensation was first mentioned.

This would eliminate abuse of people creating a lot of accounts after the first mention of compensation, but also ensure that all paying customer who have suffered through this feel they have been taken care of.

Thank you for your consideration.

Garth

2 Likes

Shouldn’t the default be local chat not some other chat tab.
It used to be local as default.

1 Like

Appreciate clarification on the 500k sps. I assume you mean anyone that was subbed Omega anytime from March 2018 until January 2019?

It doesn’t seem like it makes much sense as written unless you mean only those that were subbed Omega from that date through now, which means a lot of us who dealt with this issue would be uncompensated.

1 Like

Hey CCP you ever stop to think that tickets about broken chat have dropped off because people have just accepted it being broken and were waiting for the rollback? I’ve never filed a ticket over the chat yet as recently as last week I had different alts showing different local lists. Don’t worry now I’ll file a ticket every single time chat glitches and I’ve encouraged everyone I know to do the same.

P.S. Please don’t do any more “future proofing” if you can’t even get a chat server working.

3 Likes

Having some way of importing/exporting to the blocked list would releave a lot of the headaches we have with dealing with our list. Back in 2014 when we only had 1k entries, it took 3 hours of clicking to restore them one by one when a moderator went rogue and decided to wipe it with a few clicks. Took us like 3 days to realize we could find a somewhat up-to-date “backup” of the list on Singularity.

We became rather hesitant adding new moderators after that whole thing.

So the big chat backend patch was March 20th, and preliminary search of chat logs suggests the earliest we discovered the bug was 9 days later, on March 29th:

[ 2018.03.29 17:34:15 ] Sarah Flynt > adding a corp to the blocklist kicks everybody from the channel

1 Like

so in other words;
■■■■ you alpha players, and ■■■■ you new players.
A. Because you don’t pay us, you just get to deal with our ■■■■ system.
B. You didn’t get to enjoy our working chat system, and only know our frequently failing chat system, so you get nothing.

2 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:Agree, Seems nuts that I could have gone Omega the day after on 21 March and not receive any for dealing with almost a year of poor service.

Give everyone the 500K or Pro-Rate (realizing prorating is a lot of work so just give everyone 500k)

The prorate would be (if curious).
500k for 20 Mar 18 - 26 Jan 19 When it was stable.
That makes 1602.5 SP per day of sucky chat.
The reimburse Omega accounts for the days spent since going Omega till the final fix in late Jan.

**:rage:And for the love of (insert deity) make the SP redeemable!

2 Likes

Yes, it happens there is no display of characters in local and corporate chats!

Non-english speakers:

"every account that held Omega clone status as of the start of daily downtime on March 20th, 2018 "

That means any account that was omega since march 20th 2018

Omega until March 19th 2018 - does not get reward
Omega since Jan 1st 2019 - gets reward
only Omega March 5th - April 4th 2018 - gets reward
Alpha since January 2017 - does not get reward
Omega since Feb 11 2019 - might get reward?

This displeases me.

Here is a statement I noticed just now reading the release… For give me if it’s already been brought up, as I hit reply without scanning all replies… lol sorry, not sorry.

From the original post-
" overhauling the chat system is a vital part of the future-proofing work that’s going into EVE, which also includes the retirement of old systems such as player owned structures and the introduction of a 64-bit client, the latter of which will be upon us soon."

I have too my reactions…
First- Huzaah! I was worried that EVE was not prepared or not planning to go 64bit.

Second- whaaaaaat??? Getting rid of player owned structures??? Is this really already a known thing? I’m a couple of weeks new to the game and have been trying to learn and catch up on as much as possible… But this statement was shocking news to me.

Did I misunderstand something?
Or are they getting rid of a huge chunk of what I’m here to play for?

This is unfair to the people that registered later, like me

While i didn’t have to deal with the chat issues directly, i had read about it on the forums and indirectly it affected me as well

I demand 350K minimum SP

A year worth of issues and only the people with omegas on the day of patch deployment get compensated? I’m pretty sure, the most fair solution would be to compensate anyone who had omega accounts within the period of reported problems.

Also almost a half month late on the promised resolution. If you don’t intend on keeping deadlines, maybe don’t set them for yourself in the first place. Or at least give a notice that the resolution will be delayed. Is communication with your community really so frightening?

3 Likes

Giving a big +1 to being able to hide the ‘local chat system reset text’ that happens as you enter every new system. That is annoying.

2 Likes