Devblog: CSM Winter Summit 2019 Meeting Minutes

I already explained it in the post that you obviously didn’t bother to fully quote.

There are factional implant sets.
Right now they suck adding only racial sensor strength. Give them a small buff to racial weapons or racial tanking or something. Suddenly they are useful, and easily available, therefore people won’t feel they are too precious to lose. That should compensate to some degree with lp sinks.

@Tipa_Riot Income inequality. Buffing low end pay a bit won’t have any big impact on isk faucets . Because most of the faucets are the high end runners. But it will give people starting out a bit more oomph. Yes it needs careful adjustment to not make blitzing lvl 2s as an example too profitable.

2 Likes

:grin:

You tell us. From the reading of the minutes it isn’t extremely unreasonable to get the impression that all that is done is maintenance on existing systems.

If there is a new vision of where EVE is heading I’m absolutely thrilled to hear about it. But I’m waiting for over a year now. Since Seagull is gone there is a clear lack of communication in that regard.

2 Likes

Not disagreeing with the lack of clear vision being presented…

But how on earth do you get maintenance mode out of the minutes. Or rather what kind of earth shattering development would it need to be to not be maintenance mode given everything we’ve seen lately and that the minutes mention that isn’t under nda

What new feature hinted at in the minutes are you looking forward too the most?

New character creator honestly.
But also watching the Abyssal space plot unfold.

Cap it at battleships.

On behalf of the many not represented by the Dullsec Council of Stellar Manipulation (DCSM):

1. On three separate occasions nullsec says ‘PLAYERS’ dont want training implants but the real situation is that Highesec loves them because it is one of the only benefits we have really. Also, you can use them in other places as well, using jump clones and it isnt like structures are rare in dullsec, lowsec or wormholes.

2. Insurance not just be nerfed a bit it should be removed from the game entirely. No business could afford to keep losing 30% more than it makes forever and that is the situation with insurance. It is time to end this non-sense. (some CSM members mentioned adjusting mineral costs of dreads, this is unnecessary, they are neither too cheap nor too expensive and getting rid of insurance should not be linked to perfectly balanced game play issues.

3. SKINs should all be available at all times (even if a special website needs made to handle ‘old’ skins (this comes from someone that makes a lot from reselling skins once they leave the market).

4. There is a nice feel of progression when you go from standard issue to navy issue and to pilot issue, i see no good reason to change that progression by changing navy issue ships.

5. Taxi-Cepters as suggested don’t really seem a good choice. A better choice would be a ship without highslots but that does have rigs, mids and low slots, significant carry capacity (500m3) and no drone bay. (this leaves open some pvp ability but not a as much as today).

6. Drone aggression: there is only passive and aggressive what other option would the CSM want?

7. Removal of SP loss on T3 cruisers is an absolute must (there never was a good reason for this and its continued place in the game is stupid).

8. More war intel should be lopsided, the aggressors info should be readily given (including any wardec ending goal) while the defender should info should not be given out until the wardec ending goal is in reinforcement. This is to prevent using wardecs to gain free intel when you don’t actually plan to attack the wardec target.

9. Asking for a ‘wardec’ like system when the wardec system has kept highsec from forming large corporations and alliances and while highsec still doesn’t even trust the current game mechanics (essentially highsec is like a dog that has been beaten too much by a crappy wardec system and now is afraid of anything remotely like forming large corporations and alliances. It will take years for the playerbase of highsec to overcome this issue. If CCP wants highsec retention I would suggest that CCP make a new form of corporation that can never set itself to ‘Friendly fire is legal’ and it would not be able to ever place a structure. If the corporation / alliance changed its mind in the future it would have to disband and reform. This kind of understanding between corporations / alliances in highsec and potential recruits would speed up the ‘healing’ process and get highsec to start forming larger and larger entities which would be a HUGE benefit to EVE and i believe player retention and satisfaction in highsec space.

10. As to corporation retention, it will take years for players to start forming highsec corporations and alliances because most of us that have been playing in highsec for a long time are used to playing in 1-man or small corporations and that form of game play has become so imprinted by the damage the wardec scam system created that undoing this damage might only come from new players that have never been under the damaging effects of the wardec scam.

11. Corporation search does need a lot of love it is a full tilt train wreck and why people often ask how to find a corp or alliance even though a ‘really badly designed’ tool to do this is in the game (finding alliances is important also so finding one via this method should be easy also, which it is not).

12. CSM again asks for attributes to be removed because they dont get more benefit than everyone else, not because the mechanic is bad for EVE.

13. HAWs off titans, YES !

14. No real counter to bumping and forcing someone to sit there sometimes for a long period of time before the gank crew shows up is unacceptable, a limit on warp time is a must for balanced game play concerning this issue. (Yes i understand you could self-distruct and yes, it is technically possible to call for help or go around EVE with a 100 man guarding your 500mil courier contract but these things aren’t solutions to the problem).

15. Customs offices need a substantial fuel cost so just ‘sitting on them and holding them’ becomes less a favorable thing to do. We need people that are actively using them to own them, let’s undue the travesty of giving ownership of most customs offices in highsec space to dullsec entities or other power blocks that just hold them to hold them.

16. The Rorqual and Orca need returned to support roles and the panic module needs a hard nerf not the gentle hand slap it appears to be getting from CCP. Drop the resist bonus slowly until rorquals even under decent umbrellas start dying to medium or medium large attack groups because as it stands rorquals being flown properly and properly fit under an umbrella are nearly impossible to kill. ( I will mention that i made myself wealthy mulit-boxing rorquals before some of the nerfs and even then i felt ‘dirty’ that i could push the panic module and become damned near impossible to kill. Every attempt to kill my rorquals failed and I had to take a shower afterwards because using such a cheap mechanic as the panic module, to thwart even serious firepower attempts at killing me felt just so ‘wrong’. Im not such a person so committed to ideals that i would not use a cheap mechanic is one is available but cheap mechanics should be removed from EVE (there are a lot more btw, but that is for another time).

17. Someone mentioned increasing aggression towards drones to slow down botting but punishing actual players would be too much of a cost to pay just to slow down some botting. It is important to remember that botters will always outsmart most attempts to thwart them, leaving only harm to actual players from such attempts. This isn’t to say im against trying to thwart botting but not at the expense of actual people playing the game fairly. (I dont even like the aggression mechanic against drones at its current level, tbh).

18. Skill farming is an issue of CCPs creation. The easiest solution is to remove the existing ability to extract skills entirely and have the NES store sell skill injectors loaded with skillpoints. (also it is time to stop punishing your most dedicated players with tiered SP amounts from skill injectors, everyone gets 500,000 SP and CCP sells them.

On a somewhat related idea, it is time that PLEX not be the answer to every problem, make PLEX for use as a license extension only and split other items into different monetization formats, so that highsec players will be better able to afford to ‘plex’ their accounts as the value of plex would fall.

19. Someone mentioned making rorqual mining drone losses increase but this isnt the problem, the extreme durability of the rorqual itself is the problem, let’s not fix the symptoms (as CCP is apparently going to do) and solve the actual problem that being that rorqual mining is too safe an activity.

20. Goodfella recommends that CCP have more meetings about economics with the CSM (the CSM is already gaming the financial aspects in favor of dullsec (mostly) and giving them more chances to do so is an example of a bad idea becoming a worse idea).

21. Aryth gives yet another completely disingenuous reason to remove attributes from the game (as i mentioned, the CSM attempts no less than three times in one meeting to get rid of attributes because dullsec doesnt benefit from them as easily as highsec and dullsec hates anything that benefits highsec at all, let alone something that benefits highsec with less hassle than in dullsec.

22. Being able to plastic warp yourself is just way overdue as a game mechanic, pay a fee and get it wrapped.

23. CSM hates radial menu, this does NOT represent many of us that love radial menus, they are faster (especially if you adjust its settings to your own preferences) than drop down menus. Radial menus are being used more and more across all UIs gaming and otherwise precisely because they are so much better than drop down menus.

24. Innominate wants newbies to have pre-populated queues which teaches them nothing and is a bad idea because, it teaches them nothing. Also, it directs them where some random person thinks they should be headed with their skill queues which they may later feel cheated into not realizing that they didnt have to follow the path set for them and they spent weeks?, months? training into things that they didnt want and dont have the income to extract and reallocate.

Side note about Skill Injectors: make a new variant that allows you to skill extract from yourself and the skill points automatically go to your unallocated skill points area and you are given the full 500,000 sp you extracted the disincentive would be the 100’s of millions of cost to do so.

1. Group of clustered ideas were presented at this time:
    a. name changes, NO, no matter how many times people bellyache about this it is too important in EVE.
    b. gender / race changes, not for or against.
    c. Strange that the CSM brings up maximized attribute point boosters and also three separate times asks for attributes to be removed from the game. Well that bit of disingenuous commentary aside, not being a total vindictive ass-hat, id say give them special implants that cost like +3 implants that take charges to boost them to +5 status, not because dullsec actually needs this concession given you make a billion an hour in dullsec but at least this might get the Dullsec Council of Stellar Manipulation off the whole, ‘attributes are bad for the game BS’.
    d. Ship variants, possibly but it could become a real drain on the development of new models being added to the game, like the citadels, player jump bridges etc…

2. Aryth in yet another obvious power grab by dullsec wants to be able to actually change EVEs core structure using the goonswarm to do it, under the guise of ‘collective community events’.

3. VFX discussion: while not totally a vfx situation I would like to see the tab for overheating made larger, it is often hard for me to turn it on or off. also a numeric indicator on the overheated module instead of the current visual indicator would be a better means of when to turn the module off or on.

4. Aryth asks for reactive harderners to give color changes depending on damage shifting, YES, lets make it even easier to tell what defenses someone else has on their ships (yet another power grab by dullsec to make ganking easier so even incompetent players can gank people with ease).

5. CSM loves idea of gifting ISK via the NES store and why wouldn’t RMT’rs love it ???

6. Permanent discount for NES stuff for omegas would just be circumvented in most cases, so no.

7. random skin boxes, Really??? (what a trash addition to the game).

8. Sort Dragon mentions that the current Dullsec Council of Stellar Manipulation Summit’s direction has changed from CCP presenting ideas and asking dullsec how they feel about it to dullsec just telling CCP what it wants (CCP has basically fully and openly admitted it is dullsecs lap dog and not an actually and independently thinking group that develops EVE for the benefit of all players).

Thus we find ourselves at the end of the Dullsec Council of Stellar Manipulation Summit Minutes:

1. We have learned that Dullsec will ask for attributes to be removed at every turn attaching to all manner of disingenuous ‘benefits to all players’ BS, hoping their CCP lap dogs will finally get rid of attributes that many, if not all highsec players love.

2. Dullsec has gamed the development of EVE so much that CCP devs now ask Dullsec what CCP should do with EVE, finally the truth has been told and even CCP doesn’t pretend that they are still the game’s developers but rather dullsec controls EVE’s direction and why EVE as a whole is gamed so badly in favor of dullsec to the exclusion of wormholes, lowsec and highsec.

3. Lets hope that some ‘other’ space based game gets done sooner rather than later (begin bittervet rants of vaporware now…). So that we can play a game where, hopefully, the entire playerbase is considered important and not just one portion of the playerbase that has turned the ‘game coders’ into lap dogs.

[I used the term ‘game coders’ because CCP employees no longer develop EVE they simply write code into the game under dullsec’s orders]

9 Likes

Wow, great write up, I wholeheartedly agree 100%.

Players like you should be CSM.

1 Like

:ok_woman::raised_hands: this…

1 Like

Last for months and don’t die upon podding? :thinking:

Weeks to months.

I’d be suggesting that the longer ones are more expensive per day (not a lot more), just as you pay a little for convenience.

I still hold that skill injectors are a sufficient mechanic. and that boosters actually benefit old players more than new players, which is the reverse of what we want any accelerated training system to do.

The LP stores will adjust and can be helped by measures such as making the racial implants a bit better, removing the tag requirements from items so that some items arent stupidly expensive due to tag requirements (turn them into a faction standings repair system), and make faction guns then also fit t2 ammo. And that will provide a big lp demand.

Even if LP value drops, it’s worth removing attributes.

1 Like

And they should not die with a pod death? :thinking:

You can just open up more slots for hardwirings. A lot of people would love to use CPU and PG implants at the same time. Or an Omega implant and PG/CPU at the same time. Or other implants in that are currently mutually exclusive but supporting each other in slot 6. That would help a lot to compensate for removed attribute implants. You can also turn the Pirate implant sets into hardwirings and only leave a dedicated slot for the Omega implant. That way you don’t need implant slots at all. Overall removing implants altogether is better than what Steve suggests.

1 Like

Not dying with pod death is attempting to get round the “I’m in a training clone, I shouldn’t pvp” issue.

(As I’ve stated before :grin: it may not be a real issue but it is a perceived one)

Then the suggestion is useless. You have to remove even more risk just so that your implant replacement can at all work. If that is necessary, it is better to just get rid of implants and attributes completely because you cannot lose max training speed anyway if your booster does not die upon podding. Why even have the unnecessarily complicated step of attribute boosters at all then? It’s just an unnecessary step.

Get rid of them and open the slots for something “more meaningful” like hardwirings.

1 Like

You and all the other CSM members need to accept the fact that not everybody who plays this game wants to do PvP. Some players just want to do PvE content set in a futuristic Sci-Fi space environment.

Here’s an idea, next time before attending CSM summits with CCP, how about all of you so called ‘community representatives’ first ask us, the playerbase, what it is that we want changed, what needs to be fixed and what new content proposals we want discussed with CCP.

2 Likes

/me reads that. Reads it again.

Uhhh, do you have any idea who I am?

I’m the industrialist carebear (and third party developer) who rarely leaves highsec.

My killboard is somewhat sparse.

6 Likes

CCP are unlikely to just remove attributes and related implants soon™ or without blogs™.

In the meantime, nothing wrong with a healthy discussion on this subject.

It seems like there is a lack of understanding as to what attribute removal will entail. Including myself. At some point CCP may enlighten us. Until then we have nothing but reactionary specualtion.

While still somewhat on the fence, I can’t help but think how cool it would be to replace my +5s, nothing to do with the LP or isk value, 65k LP + 65M isk per +5 does not take long, but when I get blown up in abyss space, or messing about in wh’s It would be amazing if my skill training rate was not punished.
We would have more choice for implants to use as 1-5 would be free. CCP could even create really cool ones, or enhance/modify exsisting ones.
We could just learn whatever skill we wanted without a rate decrease or 12 month time penalty.

How is that entire concept not cool? :sunglasses:

On a max map with +5’s, your getting 45.0 sp/m, that increases obviously with accelerators. As long as that rate (or greater) is still achievable without the need for learning implants what is the concern?