Devblog: CSM Winter Summit 2019 Meeting Minutes

The cost of the one implant would reasonable need to be the cost of all 5 implants, this would result in more risk adversion regarding a learning clone because players could not min/max there clone with only what is needed. This would cause even more market stagnation regarding implants, which are already the least profitable thing to buy from an LP store despite the higher turnover.
All out removal would mean something new or an over haul of the LP market would need to take place which would overall improve the LP value.

1 Like

The fact you had to go through zkillboard to find a loss you could use to try and help your argument says a lot.

Sounds like they want it all for free from here, a lot of posts i see from Alphas are them whining why they cannot do X Y or Z, give an inch and people want to take a mile. When you shoot them they whine that they are unable to fight back properly because they are alphas.

3 Likes

Go through? I beg your pardon but I helped blowing up his ship. There was no effort at all involved in linking this pod. :innocent:

3 Likes

A different thing that just crossed my mindā€¦ and which I think is significant.

Currently Sansha drops the Intact Armor Plates T2 salvage and Blood Raiders the Capacitor Consoles T2 salvage. CCP apparently plans to move armor Slaves and armor salvage from Sansha to Blood Raiders when they turn Sansha into a shield race with the new implants. That would mean Blood Raider would have 2 T2 salvage drops and Sansha and Guristas the same T2 salvage (Ward Consoles for shield things).

I do not see this as fair outcome because it gives Delve way too much power over the market and depresses prices for T2 shield things unreasonably. It does not make sense to move Capacitor Consoles over to Sansha, though, because Blood Raider are the capacitor warfare pirates. Handing over the Intact Armor Plates to Serpentis is not a good solution either because that would give Serpentis 2 T2 salvage parts.

Whatā€™s CCPā€™s take on this? ā€œWe donā€™t careā€ aka ā€œWe will closely observe what happensā€ is not acceptable.

2 Likes

Ah, didnā€™t see you on there specifically. Good work.

Maybe? I dunno, I was just offering a system simpler than what we have now. :stuck_out_tongue:

This was a dare.

Itā€™s not because of me that people think the attribute system is too difficult. Itā€™s noobs.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been playing the game five years longer than you, Rivr. I knew what I was doing. I could have torn those all out too, but I didnā€™t feel like it.

This is the obvious solution, so of course Rivr ignores it.

The removal of attributes from eve would be profound for existing players. The effect on the yet to join player base obviously unquantifiable.

Such a hot potato topic is inevitably going to cause concerns.

One would hope that CCP would promote discussions in advance of any change/s, putting forward suggestions for possible and realistic outcomes. Perhaps a round table, or two, is in order for something of this magnitude?

Assuming they accept our request to talk about this, I would expect weā€™d have more discussion about it.

Concidering CCP have been suggesting this at least since 2015. I would have thought them eager.

CSM X ļæ½ Summit One
2015 / 09 / 14
Session : Team Size Matters

CSM ATTENDEES:

• Sion Kumitomo
  • Sugar Kyle
  • Sort Dragon
  • Endie
  • Corbexx
  • Steve Ronuken
  • Mike Azariah
  • Jayne Fillion
  • Cagali Cagali
  • Gorski Car

REMOTE ATTENDEES:

• Chance Ravinne
  • Manfred Sideous
  • Thoric Frosthammer

CCP ATTENDEES:

• CCP Leeloo
  • CCP Falcon
  • CCP Burger
  • CCP Foxfour
  • CCP Cognac
  • CCP Rise
  • CCP Terminus
  • CCP MrHappy
  • CCP Delegate Zero
  • CCP MannBjorn
  • CCP Scarpia
  • CCP Merc

SESSION OPENED: 11:07
Foxfour - Weā€™re focused on growth and monetization, weā€™ve done work on clones, skins and the New Eden Store.
Foxfour - Weā€™re looking at all kinds of stuff to sell, stuff like being able to change the color of your cloak. Weā€™re also looking at selling backgrounds for your portrait, booster trail colors, that kind of thing for customization, weā€™re not sure on pricing.
Foxfour - Weā€™re also still looking at removing attributes, still trying to find a replacement for the implants first as theyā€™re a big portion of what mission runners do with their LP. Weā€™ve yet to solve that issue. Any great ideas are welcome.

1 Like

I was hoping I was hoping there in 2 being a discussion about certain times of the connections and when the connection to between the link and everything of the nature. Some connections are completely not working well. So you are in the process of being in the game and itā€™s not putting together properly the graphics in everything and nobody can find the solution

1 Like

Indeed, thatā€™s why itā€™s not unlikely to come exactly this way. There is a tradition to help poor Delve with nice gifts. Remember the NPC Sotiyos?

The ones that were specifically reworked at least three times specifically to slow us down? Yep, total gift. The problem there wasnā€™t where they put the first one, itā€™s that they werenā€™t all ready to go at more or less the same time.

Brisc Rubal agreed with Innominateā€™s concerns with interceptors and reiterated the desire for nullified shuttles to replace interceptors as the taxi ship of choice.

You can still rot in doomheim first before that will happen. If CCP wants to keep any shred of credibility when they say ā€œNull sec is the most dangerous spaceā€, ceptors will never again lose nullification unless they remove titans, supers and rorqs at the same time. On the other hand, I can understand you. You need every bit of safety in your scrub space that you can possible get. With so many noobs, EVE has to support their stupidity when their alliances cannot.

As for other ships, he mentions that the Zealot needs a buff,

No way! I still wonder who was the muppet that told CCP that the Zealot an Eagle needed drones. That person understands exactly less than nothing about these ships. And instead of fixing this right away and actually buffing these ships with more sensor strenght, better scan res, more lock range, more HP, more speed or anything of the other suggestions from back then in the feedback thread, they went and gave them drones anyway. Full well knowing that TQ cannot support more drones on the one hand and these ships have exactly zero use for drones on the other hand.

#CCPQualityCoding

I donā€™t want combat ships that can get sub 2 align times and nullification.

You may want that but no one else wants it. Ceptors are needed more than ever in an EVE that was pushed, thanks to the GSM, into ever more Capital Online.

As long as the following is a thing you can want whatever you want, your wants are meaningless, out of place and do a lot of things to make EVE a worse place:

If only you had comprehended my response to Arrendis. That lost implant set seems to have real-life consequences, doesnā€™t it? :innocent:

As if these stats boosters that Steve Ronuken suggested would be any different. There are already drugs that vanish if your pod dies. Under Steveā€™s suggestion, people would be even more reluctant to undocking because they could run the risk of losing a 5 day booster. Making such boosters not die upon death is not a feasible option either because current implants die with your pod, too.

Muppets will always be reluctant or lose fancy things. That canā€™t be the base for any serious argument ā€¦ Oh wait, we talk about CFC, CCP and GSM. It is the base for the argument.

so its being gamed now without the limitations you mean?
logically it stands to reason that if people ā€˜gameā€™ it with limitations then they are already at it without those limitations.
Thank you for clearing that up.

1 Like

I understand that was one of the purpose behind alphas, but i donā€™t feel alphas have really succeeded here.

The vast majority of alphas want just want to grind missions and mining and be immune to pvp. Then thereā€™s the numerous stories of alphas botting in fw and abyss runners. Not content creators.

Very very few alphas are talking about shooting other players. Thereā€™s gankers and null sec alphas, but we can safely assume this is a very small minority of alphas.

Seems like alphas just arenā€™t pvp capable for most people, and if we want them to go out to shoot people and get shot, maybe thatā€™s something to focus on.

It would in a system without attributes, too.

1 Like