Devblog: EVE Aether Wars: Phase Two – Join The Fight!

Well, I didn’t realize that this was Windows only. What was it like?

Well that was FUN! controls are a bit crap but otherwise ok

kind of like early 2000s space game, had no idea what I was doing but apparently I did it well

Didn’t realize until like 15 minutes in, that missiles were firing automatically when you target someone, until then I was pushing every button that was mentioned in ‘controls’ screen. Still don’t know if ‘F - scan’ did anything. Maneuvering or using MWD wasn’t very effective against enemy missiles, only flying Worm helped as targeting those a-holes was PITA. How many Condensate clouds were there? I did collect some, but sometimes spawned at places where there were no clouds, just ppl shooting each other.

Fun overall gotta admit that.

1 Like

Was able to get in. Here are the controls:

So when do we get the skin for participating?

The controls might be crap, but that’s not what the test was about. The performance seemed good to me. There were a couple of times where I seemed to hit the wall, (and probably did) but that was about it.

How do we go about getting the skins?

Will the leaderboard be published? (although, I know I was one of many who’s resources reset to 0)

Signed up, but never received the login token. I did get a thanks for playing email…Assuming that’s just auto spam.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I replied with a right click/insert e-mail and didn’t get an answer. When I typed it in manually, I got the response? Go figure…

Oh yes, suddenly and amazingly all is now right with the world. Thanks so much!

Guys I’m so disappointed and frustrated, I read up about the mass test, I told my family I wanted to participate, I signed up for it days ago, my family especially made plans for dinner so I’d be able to participate.

Then the moment came yesterday that the test would start, I had to find out on discord that, in contrast to what was said earlier that the instructions would be mailed, we needed to go on another site to log in. Around 10 minutes before the test started I found out about this, signed in to the page, got the link to download the game, actually downloaded the game, and was ready.

No mail arrived. So waiting, watching my inbox, no mail. 10 minutes after the test started still no mail. 20 minutes after the test started still no mail. I never got a mail not even today. Yes I checked my spam folders.

Why no mail? Why such terrible communication? Why is Eve Online associated with this? Why make a big gesture to “reward” people who participated, and then leave some players out in the cold like this? Why spend resources to monitor all the streaming channels or kick players for violating some huuuuuge page of disclaimers that people only saw minutes before the test started, but not just communicate properly to all the players that made an effort?

Getting people to participate at a certain time, making people download things on their hard drive, getting people to agree to “terms and conditions” and then not even returning a mail, even you have to agree that this is not acceptable.

This has been an awful experience. I want to help support Eve and the community, but I really don’t want to have these kinds of experiences again.

2 Likes

A player has posted a video, which shows us that the game is far from being integrated into Eve Online because it’s still in the testing phase. I think that computers with older hardware are not working properly anyway, as the graphics requirements are certainly very high. I had problems getting into the game at all :rage:

Phase Two EVE Aether Wars

Why I am getting those “floating Nyx” vibes from that cooperation results?

Maybe its time for CCP to look again on the table and ask, what there actually is an how much its working out. I hope we will get some report, with technical breakup and amount of manhours and ISK poured into it.

I’m signed up but I’m here waiting forever to see what it does. and a few of the people who stream like markeedragon he says it’s kind of buggy and he warned us well I’m just sitting here trying to enjoy what Eva’s got to offer. And I’m sitting here forever I’m a fourth attempt to try to see if I can do something with this

The test was on Sunday dude.

1 Like

When can participants expect to receive the special skin pack?

2 Likes

I was there Sunday I was on there and it wouldn’t work at all

1 Like

This is fairly standard data analysis. I’m not freaking out.

What worries me more is breaking a big chunk of the main game, and then waving Aether Wars as an option.

I feels bad to me as EVE-main is a Sandbox. So Krab-nerfs don’t help. And… It sounds like Aether Wars is more for the credit-card warriors & PvP addicts.

It’s like they got it the wrong way round.

Just my 2p. I’m still playing. Just paying CCP less.

@CCP When are we gonna see the participation skins rolled out?

1 Like

I thought i saw that it will be in the September update