Devblog: Interim Statement on Brisc Rubal Follow-up Investigation

You mean like dismantling the goons,and give all their property to the 3?

This would be a justice move,the only satisfying move…

But this will never happen…money goes before justice…

Having fun with Brisc, CCP?

Remember that abuse of insider information cannot happen when you discuss your ideas and plans openly. I still cannot see why you insist on secrecy.

Live-streamed CSM meetings now!

1 Like

Dude - you’re sounding derranged here. Looking up the law does not make you a lawyer. I’m telling you now, there is no law suit and he isn’t going to want some nutter contacting him at work.

Aren’t you a little bit…overreacting?..

At the end of the day, when all is said and done, we all knew CCP botched this. It’s not the first time, it definitely won’t be the last either from them, but, it is a good step for them for a change to atleast acknowledge that they might have done to them come out later and say that they have ■■■■■■ up and want to say sorry and make it right.
On the otherhand I hope that they hang out the CSM member that did go to them with a false positive (but they won’t and we all know it) and rap the knuckles of the GM and make it his/her learning curve on how to handle and do things.
I would also like to see them go back and unban 1 or 2 folk for their petty dealings on said matters in the past and go forward on a new found footing but will 100% be asking too much of them.

1 Like

When one has been playing over 12 years there becomes a point where it would be illogical to pull a stunt and get oneself banned. My gut tells me Brisc didn’t do anything wrong and it seems as though more of the senior people in CCP have taken some time to have a look at this. I look forward to their next statement and verdict on this matter.

It is also good that the player community were given an opportunity to voice their opinion about this, this game is run by adults for adults which is a key aspect because CCP knows they can’t treat us like children.

I’m feeling better about being part of Eve, I have a very very big mouth which I am trying hard to zip, I was planning to keep myself to myself for fear of being accused of something and then banned without any hearing.

5 Likes

Maybe you should read the full terms and conditions of the EULA in eve before posting things

there should have been a review befor the nee jerk reaction that ccp allways has they band a person for rmt one time for giveing his isk to his self

2 Likes

I love the smell of EVE drama in the morning.

2 Likes

Like everyone else I’m asking why? What was it? I wanna know what he did and how bad it is. And then I realize, why would CCP release such info to the entire player base who will then also begin to exploit it. It’s a tough situation for CCP. Can’t prove it to all of us and they still have to do something about it.

2 Likes

I hope he gets a fair shake, and if CCP needs a legal beating to prevent this again in the future, so be it.

I’m also 100% ok with punishing Goons over allegations. If CCP banned them all tomorrow, EVE would be better for it.

1 Like

So are you going to do a review of all the “Ban” you have done in the last month where people have “suggested” that you have jumped to the wrong conclusions ??

i.e. a permanent ban to 2 individuals for posting an URL link that contained a picture of a Titan?

or is it only the rich, loud and famous that can have justice or seek re-address ?

1 Like

You do realize that during the election campaigns, Brisc made the internet gaming press (with his real name included) just based on his campaign video, right?

That had nothing to do with CCP, and no matter what CCP did this month, April 2019, nothing they could do would make the press suddenly forget who Brisc was IRL.

2 Likes

Guys, guys, guys… clearly a parody account.

1 Like

When I started to get more vocal on the forums I switched to monthly subscriptions, because I thought it wise.

2 Likes

That is not where the real-life connection gets made. It’s more that NDAs are made with real-life people, and not in-game characters. And so when accusations of breach of NDA are made, publicly, it automatically connects to the real person, and not space pixels.

1 Like

Sure, but there were already articles saying Brisc = Brian over 12 months ago due to his campaign video is the point. You can’t put the genie back in the bottle. CCP can’t, either. People demanding CCP do so are delusional.

1 Like

I live like this; im also never very far from a pitchfork or pointy stick…

lately it seems there have been a lot of Ban First , then review the facts situations. Perhaps CCP will try evidence first, then contact , then BAN if appropriate.

2 Likes

really? parodying who?