Devblog: Interim Statement on Brisc Rubal Follow-up Investigation

I’ve bought it with a credit card too :wink:

(yes, Icelandic Krona :smiley: Often known as ISK. Because Iceland is Ísland in Icelandic. It’s not the official currency symbol for it though.)

1 Like

I tended to stick to the old harbour area near the irish pub and there was an ale house just round the corner that had some great cheap food and real and craft ales at 2 for 1 for about 6 hours a day.

I think the dearest place I went to was the place at the side of CCP’s offices with the micro brewery.

1 Like

What an unholy mess. I wonder how many other innocents have been permanently banned in the past but not had the the exposure and clout to get a fair hearing.

I’m frankly shocked. I really thought CCP did all the checking before taking big decisions like this. I feel a bit naive tbh

1 Like

CCP is breaking new ground in the whole MMORPG world right now. In breaking new ground mistakes get made. No other game even tries (to the best of my knowledge) to do what CCP is doing with the CSM or community involvement.

All humans make mistakes if they made one here then lets see how it is handled. The real question is do they learn from their mistakes and not repeat them.

I am encouraged by the fact that they will be showing us what occurred. I am also encouraged by the fact that CCP only refers to players by their in-game identities. I noticed a link on the libel/slander code for the United States. If CCP has not publicly identified the actual individual they have not violated the law. If the person choses to self identify that is beyond CCP’s control.

What we are seeing is history being made here. CCP is setting the standard for how a corporation in RL handles things in virtual life.

Keep it up front and transparent CCP. I am with you.

2 Likes

Celebrating a multi-million dollar corporation for making a mistake such as this makes me concerned.

The lesson we’ve learned is really down to few factors. Consequences intended or unintended aren’t being dealt with in a measured manner, so whilst folks are explaining on behalf of CCP (but not by CCP themselves) on how they will likely improve or modify their behaviour, what’s still missing is the examples or benchmarks on “how” they will do so.

Moreover, this particular example demonstrated that the community has the ability to attack one of its own in such a way that i’d argue most reasonable players felt is far worse then likely seen in some time. Such forums like Reddit wouldn’t have past the Terms of Service criteria in terms of player behaviours, yet on the night of the ban, Brisc was openly attacked in very aggressive manner. Given CCP also post on Reddit, this means they show support to such forums, so citing this as an example, how is CCP going to demonstrate that they are pushing for the community to be more inclusive as per the Terms of Service agreements we all agree to.

What through demonstration is the next milestone from CCP likely to be delivered by way of leadership in changing EVE community culture to not be as aggressive to innocents like Brisc. As does this not amplify the community and the brand in a much more negative way that it truly represents?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.