Devblog: Introducing a new tech demo - EVE: Aether Wars

You must have read a different devblog :slight_smile: Maybe one of his old ones, written by others :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a simple tech partnership experiment. If it works, it’s a door towards offloading a lot of things, from tech infrastructure up to full product through venture structures. Cheap, synergetic, if it fails nothing lost, if it works doors open.

From a customer perspective CCP’s tech structure has limitations, they couldn’t deliver either evolution or paradigm shift, but on certain things Hadean may be able to. The potential of sidestepping bottlenecks is worth consideration. Even if from a venture perspective matters are more interesting first for projects other than eve for quite a while.

2 Likes

I like how in the article it reads “You guys have spent decades honing your skills…”

Yeah.

That’s because, before Skill Injectors it took decades to work up the SP’s.

DECADES

4 Likes

https://improbable.io/company/news/2016/12/13/google-partnership-pr
Back in 2016 Improbvable with their Spatial OS was partnering with Google to make something like that.

I even made thread on the previous forums about that.
https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/topic/519831/

Even Hilmar was on one such meeting, with Spatial OS creators. Now I dont know what is so good in Hadean, first time have heard about them. :thinking:

4 Likes

Nice to see that, finally, some of the bigger issues are gonna get looked at. Shame its taken 3+ years and the damage done because of them might be with us for many more even with changes.

10,000 man fleet fights sound like hell, every blobbed up within a small ball or worse 10,000 titans and supers spewing out constant waves of instapopping DPS.

Depressing to see you’re still determined to carry on down the same path.

1 Like

They’re British…admittedly I’m biased.

I guess this is about whether we want 10.000 player fights? A very good question!

Yup, you are right.

But what if the cloud gave CCP the ability to introduce line-of sight (ie if your mates titan gets in the way of your shot it takes the hit) and formations?

6 Likes

You don’t think the community have asked for CCP to look for ways to address performance issues?

2 Likes

and are currently in the process of setting up a sizable internal taskforce to look at botting in more depth.

And where is “Team Security”?

It’s something they’ve said (Burger or Rise at vegas last year, IIRC) they’d love to do. And it would introduce all new (old) concepts and tactics to disrupt the current structural meta for fleets.

I mean, seriously, I would love having to design fleet compositions that use things like screener ships and targeting countermeasures (not just abstracts like Sensor Disruptors, but analogs to chaff/smoke effects that obscure targeting along a specific range of vectors)… it’d be great. We’d actually get some complexity and real special-role functions back. There’d be reasons to use smaller ships. (Titans would have a bit of a problem ‘hiding’ behind a cloud, unless you’re talking about a cloud the size of a small moon.)

If this were to enable that… wow, I’d love my space-job again.

1 Like

They will play with spaceships. Many spaceships.

2 Likes

Best news today !

1 Like

Clearly you don’t know Hilmar :rofl:

2 Likes

i resume it for myself :

https://www.aetherengine.io/pvp-10k

sign in ok!

1 Like

We’ve done that since beta 2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heh, if only you knew :slight_smile:

1 Like

it would certainly change things up, across the whole game. Imagine those formations CCP has shown us in trailers, for real.

Although I would guess it would still involve anchoring on one pilot / fc.

I thought it’d be crass to say ‘the time it took Hilmar to get the art department to write a devblog for him’. :stuck_out_tongue:
I mean, it’s been 10 years, we can let that one go for now.

2 Likes