Devblog: Security Update - Q1 2019

Check out this devblog for the latest information on the fight against botting and RMT, as well as some upcoming changes to alpha account entitlements when mission running.

Read all about it here!

23 Likes

thanks for the update Falcon, don’t forget to spawn the bots for people to kill again. always good :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Keep up the good work!

And congrats on having the courage to remove L4 and L5 missions for Alpha accounts. Restricting the lowest of the hanging fruit hopefully will put some botters out of business and reduce the damage they are doing to our game of those that try to adapt.

15 Likes

When will you stage the next Yulai Colosseum? Give the people something to actually see besides dry numbers and words.

5 Likes

You care about banning RMT, yet you put up Guardian’s Gala event which is gambling oriented. Make up your mind and don’t promote gambling in-game!

9 Likes

:+1: Молодцы.

If you’re an alliance or coalition leader, don’t harbour these people. If you’re renting space to an alliance, don’t rent to people who’re botting.

We’ll come for the ISK and assets, and you’ll end up cleaned out.

I will be happy to see it happen, but it will also be the day the Northern Rental/RMT empire dissolves, so I doubt it will happen.

3 Likes

I do know someone who is doing RMT for years now. I keep reporting them, but nothing is happening. What should I do to bring people to justice? Do I ask my friends to report the bad guy in order to amass the reports? :thinking:

6 Likes

But what about ratting in gilas???

Alphas should not be able to even WARP into high end anomalies that are in null.

Not authorized to even know about them!

3 Likes

Naming and shaming the individuals/alliances who partake in RMT/botting or account hacking would be very welcomed. After all, those players gave up their rights when they decided to cheat.

4 Likes

i like isk

1 Like

After investigating further, the decision has been made to place all level 4 and 5 missions behind the requirement to have Omega status, to assist the fight against RMT and botting.

By all do you mean just courier missions or every type of missions, security missions included?

By RMTing, or by harbouring people who bot and RMT, you’re contributing to the real-life wallets of people who do not care about EVE, or our community.

CCP makes money from RMT?

2 Likes

Every level 4 and 5 mission will require omega clone status, regardless of category.

10 Likes

Thank you for clarifying.

Thanks for removing the FW bots. It has certainly improved in the area where I live.

Removing them is welcome, but will you do anything to the mechanism in FW that allow them to operate? Can you do something to the closing of plexes that make them less easy to script?

3 Likes

You should really take a look into multiboxing. Also what happen to goons leadership for famous “not reporting bots because they make money for us”?

7 Likes

Thanks for the good work. Keep it up.

I’m not particularly bothered what alliance someone is in, or what corp they’re a part of. Our security team is the same.

Report it, and when it comes to the front of the queue, they’ll get their asses handed to them if they’re breaking the rules.

4 Likes

Glad to hear it’s improving quality of life.

Any changes on the PLEX front would be a game design decision, so I can’t really comment on that, but we’ll shoot your feedback over to the team.

1 Like