Devblog: Security Update - Q1 2019

Crack That Whip! Keep it up.

That’s the hope, and we’re not against putting other stuff back behind the Omega requirement if it helps with the health of EVE.

5 Likes

What’s wrong with multiboxing?

5 Likes

Hey @CCP_Falcon

If I genuinely suspect a player is botting and I report them and they are deemed by your team to be innocent, will I be punished? Period Basis is so full of them it’s sometimes hard to tell who’s a real player sometimes. I worry that I may wind up reporting someone some day that merely looks suspicious but isn’t actually botting.

3 Likes

Front of the que? It may take forver or never even. Make an example with huge names, it would scare other for that practices or even help to purge alliances from them. Pure PR. Like with “chopping hands” accident.

2 Likes

@CCP_Falcon

thank you guys for your work!!

JuuR

Keep up the good work!

And spawn some botter ships somewhere again, it was fun :smiley:

Easier to bot multiple accounts? Why this is even a thing anyway? We are playing Massive Multiplayer Online not Massive Singleplayer Online.

6 Likes

Ok. So let me understand this… Botting is when someone can have a ship on 24/7 and just leave it in,… say… Null and have it kill all the NPCs for the isk reward? I have heard of such “Carrier bots”, but what about these “one-man mining fleets” in HS? Are they not targeted? We argue about what an alpha should be or not be allowed, yet I know of many who have these amazing “fleets” of up to 12 or more and all will say “I can have as many ships as I want online at once as they are all paid for Omega accounts”.

Seriously?

This is not “damaging” to the Eve Player experience, and FairPlay? Ice fields that are cleared in a matter of minutes all by one person? CODE gank fleets that consist of 12 Cats all flown by the one guy? Even the names will be similar. I know of an ice-fleet where all the names of the ships are Borg Drone 1, Borg Drone 2, Borg Drone 3, and so on.

Do we report these as well?

Or is this allowed?

Please clarify CCP Falcon as I would like to know where CCP stands upon these One-man fleets in Eve.

3 Likes

Lol CCP is not going to ban multiboxing. If they did there would be 4k peak online.

10 Likes

If they are botting, yes.
If they are input broadcasting, yes.

Otherwise, no.

@CCP_Falcon
A few players are concerned about the ability of of alphas using pirate ships (especially the gila), have you guys discussed this at all? I was wondering what you think on the spectrum of; ‘totally fine’ to ‘considering changes’.

1 Like

I did not mean PLEX, but FW complexes. It’s the easy of capturing them for gaining LP that make the bots a problem in FW, because their automatic capturing affects the system status (make them vulnerable) for people leaving in the war zone.

Some change to their mechanism to make them less easy to script could make bots less of a problem.

Nope, the average accounts per player is 1,07 I believe. So alts are not that common, but if multiboxing is part of botting problem they should be looking at it.

Account hacking is in fact account hijacking by 3rd parties not involved in EVE. Punishing victims is no solution. Enable 2 factor authentication :wink:

Whatever

1 Like

The only numbers we have for average accounts per player is very old now. Before it became trivial to fund large numbers of alt accounts with skill extraction and Rorq mining.

Relic Site bots are also getting out of hand. In Providence, the same bots do a continual sweep of the entire region in stabbed Asteros. This has been a recent activity since the whole deposit feature in citadels.

It is quite clever really when the bot comes across a lucrative relic site, it runs the site, and then immediately warps to the nearest red structure and deposits the stuff in it and then asset safeties it to low-sec for pickup.

Just look at this censored character’s killboard, she/he/it is a provi botter, same fitting with the secure can.

Now if you look at her contract history you will see massive numbers of contracts from asset safety systems. I have reported this bot continually for a while and still no action, this is about as obvious as it gets.

This person is aligned out in all relic sites and if she sees a previous hostile in system skips the system. And operates an inhuman number of hours a day.

A better system put in place for players to submit evidence of botting, You guys atCCP probably don’t have the time to fully investigate the massive numbers of reports coming in and the players are more than willing to collect this evidence to make your lives easier.

7 Likes

198 votes and 426 comments so far on Reddit

You’re far from having it right. At least 35% of players did have at least 2 account 3 years ago.
I can’t say for now, you should look for yourself.

Actally people started to extract alts, so no I don’t think there are 4k players after pcu numbers.

Removing level 4 security missions from alphas may ruin experience for many highsec pilots

9 Likes