Devblog: Security Update - Q1 2019

Shame I don’t have as much time as I used to had for playing EvE, I would boost you up from L4 misery.

You can try KeePass with the totp plugin. It works for the windows desktop.

If “boosting” means bringing me to nullsec or WH then no way

2 Likes

HS only but as I mentioned I play very irregularly for now.

So many botters and freeloaders in here. :blush:

1 Like

Not all are freeloaders. I even had a sub after pirate ships were given to alphas to mine ice to buy a Gila

Many people live in a really, really tiny bubble, not understanding that there are plenty of others who are smarter than them. That “Goons” is not a single brain figuring things out. That there are actual people behind the label, working together for a greater good. That certain people saying certain things isn’t just a matter of opinion, but of observation and analysis.

That there are a lot of people with a lot of grasp on a lot of things, which figure out how things work, why they work, and how to optimally work them.

Thank you for your post.

1 Like

Yes. Bravo!

“a word used to reference a relatively well sized part of, but not everyone belonging to, a group of people for 5.000$, Alex”

: - )

Focusing on this manifestation of botting or that manifestation only gets you incomplete, piecemeal solutions that time has shown do not work to address the deeper problem.

Like focusing on low hanging fruit and disabling missions of certain levels? Isnt this just alleviating the symptoms, like you would say that about people trying to fix anomalies?

Of course.

Make all the rats into responsive, reactive opponents, and botting gets a lot harder. And CCP’s already doing that.

Lets remove anomalies then. Lets throw this AI into null instead of anomalies. Lets make CCP bots hunt everyone. Titan NPC blobs, hotdropping on Rorqual fleets when? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

For all we know, that’s the long-term plan. And I say: go for it. After all, this is the AI they used on the Pirate Engineering Complexes, remember?

I think right now the preferred strategy for clearing those is ‘3 titans at doomsday range, 5m and done, lol’.

When they appear from nowhere, unannounced, bots would not know what hit them and from where.
Its for hunting bots.

It seems like an extra step, though.

If you can identify the bots well enough to drop the afrikanized NPC supercaps on them…

… you can just ban them.

1 Like

https://www.eveonline.com/article/pn66sg/security-update-q1-2019?origin=launcher

so I just read this

Blockquote
As we discussed initially in the New Year security update, the team were considering placing level 4 and 5 courier missions behind the requirement to have Omega clone status.
Blockquote

but they decided this

Blockquote
After investigating further, the decision has been made to place all level 4 and 5 missions behind the requirement to have Omega status, to assist the fight against RMT and botting.
Blockquote

these are very different things.

they then go on to say

Blockquote
DON’T RMT AND DON’T GET INVOLVED IN BOTTING.
Blockquote

I didn’t and I haven’t

I just really liked running lvl 4’s in my MACH as an alpha
and that some crazy (in game) suicide ganker’s could come along and kill me at any moment

o7 angel extravaganza lvl 4, room 4, little silo piñata
I miss you already little buddy

and
thank you eve for all the free fun. as a free player I did farm isk to buy plex thought I was helping even though I was free player

I thought I was supporting the economy

guess lvl 3 angel extravaganza
and support the economy slightly slower

people might not suicide (IG) gank me in a lvl 3

maybe if I spend 10 billion on my fittings (I won’t)

see you in space o7

fly stupid

ps I like collecting isk not skills FTP was the best thing that ever happened to eve for me :slight_smile:
so not complaining eve will still be fun running lvl 3’s

2 Likes

Alphas flying a Machariel … CCPlease stop that!

2 Likes

:rofl:

less mean than I was expecting

but still mean

bad tipa

I just checked can confirm they still let me fly MACH

Wait, alphas can fly battleships? I have always been Omega, so last I saw battleships were off limits to alpha’s. Hmm… Well I don’t think they can ban you from ratting, so get to null with those battleships and you can make good isk.

When they updated and gave alphas 20 mil SP, they opened up T1 battleships but all ships below battleships, with exceptions to ORE and INDY, can be trained to Lvl 4… Indy is at 1, while the only ORE ship they can fly is venture.

Then why are you not Omega then?

Yes, it’s been almost universally seen as a money grab and not actually to combat botting. But it’s being done.

1 Like

You like it…pay for omega and do it, then. Easy solution.

1 Like