Devblog: Security Update - Q1 2019

So?

Why should someone who doesn’t want to put up with you annoying them act in a way that will encourage you?

While traveling yes, i thought we were talking about pvp for a second.

1 Like

Then whats the issue with having arena pvp, we clearly are just annoying you when we come looking for content anyways.

You have no idea what the Big Blue Donut was. You are simply repeating a term you have heard. The Big Blue Donut does not truly exist today.

The Blue Donut was the period from August 2013-mid 2015 when literally all of nullsec was controlled by 2 blocs, pretty much split right down the middle. The current map? The current map is nowhere near as static. There is movement all over the place if you know how to see it.

Once you become one with the blob, the blob becomes one with you.

Because you will negatively impact the long-term health of the game by funneling people out of actually interacting with other people in the social settings that larger groups generate. Time and time again, it’s been demonstrated that EVE gameplay does not keep people in the game. The people they play with do. Interacting, socially, with other people.

The more you segment things down, the smaller your groups get, the more you’re dependent on the mechanics to keep people active.

And EVE’s… don’t.

LOL, yea I was exaggerating a little but it is still very stagnant beside’s tri which seem to like wedging themselves in between 2 power block’s and poking both sides.

Your already killing the content for lots of players, your hurting the health already, but you accept to see that, cause your way is apparantly the only way.
Loads of people leave because goons and others are ruining this game for smaller groups. Thats subs lost right there

There is movement in the NW, in the drone regions, in GW and surroundings, around Stain… even around Delve and Pure Blind.

1 Like

Again: player retention in EVE has been demonstrated for over a decade to hinge on interactions with other players.

1 Like

well, a 5vs5 is still interacting with other players, your interacting with those you fight, with those in your fleet, with those building your ships, with the ones getting the minerals, all of that. So the interaction is still there.

Not in the long term. In the long term, arenas mean smaller groups, which means more isolation.

In all honesty even if abysal 3v3’s came out tomorrow I think maybe 20% of the population will try it once in a 2 month period and only 0.05% would use it on a weekly basis, it won’t in any way disrupt free range pvp. Very few people use the 1v1 abysal pvp arena.

I give up, you are only advocating that massive groups can play this game, and only on your terms

There is hope for smaller group’s they just need to restrict movement of cap’s a little and wam sub cap’s have a chance again. Sky walker destroyed a Death Star solo :smiley: so I mean logic wise, there would be no reason for a capital’s to hold supremacy for ever.

Yeah, they could make it so caps/supers dont work against sub caps, that would be a step in the right direction, but omg there would be lots of tears

Better would just be slower align time’s / warp speeds (not by much it would only be to make it less attractive to rat in), and a cyno spool up for 2minutes before a super can use it, with a way to pause that timer for small periods at a time and boom op success.

People would have 0 hate for cap’s after that because if they get dropped on it was because of their own bad play’s or the enemies better strategy, but at the same time people would still use them and treasure them.

Think of a Giant super weapon that can destroy planet’s! that’s sort of like cap’s but those super weapon’s in most movies takes ages to spool up, they don’t click a button and boom everyone dies, its more fun to have a charging period where people are forced to rush and react before certain doom.

1 Like

Yes please

@Arrendis Please type faster I want to hear what you have to say but I should have been asleep an hour ago xD.

Not at all.

Look, I get how you see this. You see this as me saying ‘this is how we do things, therefore this is best’. That’s not it at all. Instead, CCP sets up the game. They make the rules, they determine what will and won’t work, and how well things will work. And then everyone’s supposed to hammer at it for a few years figuring things out while CCP plans changes.

Instead, we have people who have experience analyzing complex systems, who like to analyze complex systems, and who are good at it go ahead and analyze the complex systems. They look at how things will shake out. They figure out things like ‘hey, entosis interceptors will be absolute AIDS’. And then we tell CCP things like ‘this is the problem with your plan. If you do this, here is how it will work out, and here is how we’ll abuse it horribly, because if we don’t, our enemies will, and we don’t intend to let them kill us while we sit with one hand tied behind our back and the other thumb shoved up our butts. Please don’t do it that way.’

And sometimes they listen. Sometimes they don’t. Either way, those systems analysts (who are not in any official positions, either. You put enough nerds together, you get a bunch of them) figure out what’s gonna work.

And then we make plans to do the thing that’s gonna work.

Another example: Go back through the feedback threads. Look and see who it was saying ‘this change to rorquals will be too good’. Hint: It ain’t the small gang pvpers.

That’s not ‘only our way is good’, it’s ‘Well, the rules are X, so… here, this is the optimal way to achieve your goals’.

Ain’t about the blob. S’all about the rules CCP makes.

Frankly, most of the leadership of most null blocs wants to see caps made less effective against subcaps. We do. Holy crap, we do. But we don’t make the rules.

3 Likes