Devblog: Security Update - Q1 2019

Not like they would with the addition of arenas. Supers and caps kill roams that happen. Arenas would make roams superfluous.

Worm hole’s I find to be the best atm for content, but even then you have to be lucky and I don’t mean wormholes them selves I mean jumping from null <-WH-> null and getting passed the eye’s.

And is that bad, since its hardly any fights to be found, cause ppl dont want fair fights anymore?
Why hurt the few that wants fair fights, and as mentioned above, the abyssal pvp seems to be the first step in this direction anways

Yeah, I live in a wh with a 0,0 static atm. And we tend to try and go for rorqual kills, but by the time we have rorqs into half shields they normaly have cynoed in more supers then we have fleet members…

1 Like

If roam’s are to work, either citadel’s need to change or the pve content need’s to change, changing the actual site’s won’t help because then you get pvp fitted group’s killing solo pve fitted ship’s so the best option is some type of small structure than when attacked causes disruption’s so the roamer’s hit these structure’s and mess it up for the larger group’s they undock and go defend immediately (this insures a more fair fight as they don’t have time to amass hundreds of players they will leave with like 5-15) without a timer, the structure’s don’t die (they are immortal and explode if the system is lost) but while they are getting attacked the region get’s debuff’s (-50% bounty from rat’s mining yield half’ed) or maybe semi region? 3-5 jumps around it.

Yea Instant Cyno’s are a problem we need some mechanic to counter play cyno’s a bit.

1 Like

Because ‘fair fights’ are bad.

Fair fights are artificial. Fair fights are limited. In EVE, if you’re in a fair fight, someone screwed up. If you’re in a fair fight in EVE, and someone gets wind of it, they’ll come in to kill both sides. And both sides know it. You undock, you have to be ready for the unfair fight to fall on you, even in highsec.

And yeah, Abyssal PvP is a step in that direction… a really, really underutilized one in which the guy with the blingier Gila build is probably going to win. It’s kind of a joke.

‘Instant’ cynos means there’s a fleet of guys who have been sitting around waiting to jump in, just in case. Why should you get to make all that time they’re putting in to being ready worthless? You want to counter a cyno, bring a mobile cyno inhibitor. Those exist, you know. Just don’t expect the rorq to not try to light his cyno before it onlines.

1 Like

I have recently started playing eve. Alpha clone state of course. I would like to explore the game as much as possible, move around, try everything the alpha state has to offer. Then I will decide if I will pay. Can’t believe that CCP has no means to find bots in the game. But why bother, they created this mess + the human nature, which is to “steal” in every way we can.
First of all…CCP, why do you allow multiple accounts? One account either omega or alpha and that’s all (keep the 3 character slots). You invited this mess to your house. What you create you attract, greed attracts greed.
It has been stated before, that ratting in null security space is much more profitable and faster for making steady income of isk. Level 4 missions are not to blame. About lvl5 missions I don’t think that can be done solo in alpha state.
Please consider this seriously before removing level 4 missions from alpha state. As a result lot of players are going to remove themselves from the game. It will become vague, dull and boring like any other mmo game, unless they pay. Well, you could go back in 2003-2004 with the only way to play this game was by paying…wow what a hilarious game devolution would that be?! Congrats!
I cannot believe that the company that created this amazing and still standing game has no ways of figuring this out. There is time until March.

3 Likes

No, they are not. The only ones who thinks this are the ones that likes to bring a blob.

Just because they are sitting and waiting doesn’t mean they deserve to make it through :], just like the guy that has a logi on their side doesnt mean he get’s to rep someone he could be sensor damped to hell through out an entire fight, counter play, more option’s more strategy more tactic’s more variables to play with make’s for better play’s and out plays.

Doesn’t stop someone from quickly running a 2nd cyno ship out to help the rorqual.

Fair fights are artificial. As soon as you remove artificial constraints, fights will not be fair. It’s not a question of ‘blob’. You want to bring 5 guys in T1 cruisers, I’ll bring 5 in a trio of HACs and a pair of Logi cruisers. See how fair it is.

1 Like

And just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean you deserve to not have to worry about it.

2 Likes

For sure, but same for the rorqual pilot he doesn’t like getting attacked, doesn’t mean he has to be 100% safe from it by having a cyno on the ready, it could be a race both sides trying their best, one to get the cyno open the other’s to keep it shut.

I rather that then get dropped on, 5 t1 cruisers can still win :wink:

Then figure out ways to not get dropped on. It’s possible.

Very true, I could fight in high sec

Best way to not get dropped is don’t bring content to risk averse player’s look for fun people who enjoy pvp, you will start fighting their rorqual but will end up in a brawl against sub cap’s which is fun not 5 super’s which are going to wipe the field easily.

Or you could use scouts, cloaker with perches, bounce to planets first… there’s lots of ways to avoid a drop while traveling, and when the fighting starts… if you don’t want your target to have friends, don’t attack people with friends.

But no, fighting in goon space is impossible without a cyno opening, I’ve tried quite a lot.
We actually had 12 titans on our cruiser fleet not that long ago, all trying to boson us, so no. Arenas would actually be good.
You guys are just worried about losing kills, nothing else, cause you care nothing about content

99% of people have friend’s hence the big blue donut.