Devblog: September Release - Wormholes And Stars Get An Update!

Setting up the visual elements of a revamped ui or whatever probably could be done in a week by an experienced art team. That visual element is then pretty much given to the coding team who has to type all that jargon to make the 20x20px arrow image correspond to an function

Its like a website. What you see art/designwise is entirely irrelevant to what you dont see coding and program languagewise. In terms of actual function. 1 is JPG’s moved about in a layout software, the other is 1000 lines of { } and : and < > and all manner of stuff that means nothing to most of us

If you want more simple graphics maybe go play PacMan on Atari…

1 Like

Rofl, some random made a funny.

Ok am recomposed now - I’m not sure what post you read but it obviously wasn’t mine.

If you really want to reply to one of my posts, try reading it first - Don’t add things that aren’t in the post as a reply - Oh STOP trying to troll, you just aren’t very good.

1 Like

I know, in RL I am many times also the only one laughing about my own publicly made jokes😖

1 Like

For those of us whose old PCs have forced us to play in low shader mode 95% of the time, these changes are actually highly relevant to gameplay, not just visuals.

Because to see wormhole details, we’ve had to switch back to high shaders and take the performance hit, and then switch back to low again… which even in a covops ship in little danger at the moment you’re doing that is a major PITA due to having to open the menu–twice.

Now, I’m a bit concerned about the extra info with low shaders being at the cost of performance, but we shall see.

That is also a valid concern… however, the entire event sites last X-mas were whited out whereas this new star effect is only present when you’re right near the star and facing it, at least.

You don’t. Just hit alt-V.

That one (well, two) key press shortcut (and many others) are defaults in client… just open up your Escape menu, go to shortcuts, check out all the various tabs there and scroll down… you’ll find a lot of things in game have single (or double) key press shortcuts already assigned, and you can assign a lot more (or change the defaults) as you wish. Keyboard shortcuts FTW, man!

More module tiericide, you mean? Yes, that’d be nice.

And shield slaves… they renamed the old armor slaves to Amulet months ago… presumably to be ready for their introduction… and also presumably all Sansha faction+deadspace mods will be shield going forward, an alternative to Gist and Pith… and all old/existing True Sansha/Centus mods will become Dark Blood/Corpus ones. Heck, the webs were made the same yeaaaars ago, maybe in part to be ready for this as well. Changes so very long in the making.

2 Likes

Amen to that

1 Like

When will we get an option to put wormholes into our eyes? That would be pretty cool, to have a wormhole in your eye.

4 Likes

WTF?!

The Audio and Graphical changes, Bravo Art team and whomever else was working on this change. Very Nice QOL with the flash effect for each inbound jump. The potato mode graphics changes are a nice addon as well.

The VoC/Crit audio. Holy F**k so much better. I’ll miss the chanting wormhole effects, but I welcome these changes.

1 Like

Aiko_Danuja from your Consciousness, through your eyes in to Reality, then through a monitor in to another Simulated Reality. Maybe your eyes are wormholes already, from one reality to another :grin:

2 Likes

A super attention sink game which makes me stare at gates 3600 seconds per hour with no right to miss even a single second is not a game I’m able or willing to play.

1 Like

… I know EVE is a sandbox and so there’s no “wrong” way to play it but… I think you might be playing the game wrong

3 Likes

No one gives a ■■■■ about new wormhole appearances.

Just for reference about 9000 accounts have stopped playing. Assuming they have all desubbed how much is that costing you CCP.

End the black out today

2 Likes

Love the changes, makes exploring a little more interesting. Good work

3 Likes

That argument can be made about everyone not sitting in a super under umbrella with fax/cyno alts at the ready.
But let’s face it: non-umbrella nullsec has been killed. Just like how hisec was killed in 2013 when CCP wanted me to move to nullsec. Now it wants me to move to super under umbrella. I could do that in theory, but if I wanted to do it, I’d do that long ago, back when the document of shame was implemented, when it became clear this will be THE way to play eve.
I resisted, refused to join blocs, but stayed in null, moving every so often when blocks were getting serious about burning ground, and just when I got used to it, CCP flipped the kill switch with blackout, and all non-bloc-umbrella nullsec fkin ceased to exist.

And then you come and accuse me of playing the game wrong. Really?

3 Likes

Love the fact that despite this game being as old as it is there are always graphical and other improvements / changes being implemented, thank you. As a person who lives in a WH I do have a question, and hope I do not appear too much of a newb asking it. What WH’s last >24hrs. From what I’ve gathered most are 24hrs when new then commence their timer degredation. As a result the majority of WH’s would be depicted as the ‘Between 4 and 24 hours’ visual. Would it not be better to maybe have the ‘mid’ state as Between 4 and 12 hours?

Also, would there be a way to maybe tie in the remaining mass of the WH with these visuals? >50%, between 10 and 50% and below 10% maybe. Just a thought.

1 Like

How the Universe Works. Season 7 Episode 1. Nightmares of Neutron Stars.

That is what the next step should be. They should put those gorgeous spinning neutron stars shooting beams of radiation from their magnetic poles - the Pulsars in the backgrounds of WH systems that has got the effect. Also magnetars, black holes and the rest.

2 Likes

U guys should introduce sun Gas and energy harvesting, in addition to PI. would be awesome

1 Like

would be awesome too. CCPlease

4 Likes