Devblog: September Release - Wormholes And Stars Get An Update!

Let’s not conflate the changes CCP makes with the player behaviors as a reaction to those changes. CCP didn’t kill Null-Sec with the black-out. Players who are too scared to undock because they never learned how to be self-reliant killed null-sec (even if it is dead; I hear much to the contrary).

The Cynosural changes going live on Tuesday are meant to address this specific issue – to reduce the effectiveness of super umbrellas because we won’t be able to strap cynos on literally everything.

In all of the conversations it always become “Null-Sec is blah blah blah and I don’t want to go to High-Sec.” Then don’t. Join a group in Low-Sec or a wormhole. Either way, take some personal responsibility for your own safety while you are in space.

EVE was build 16 years ago when server technology was such that developers couldn’t load too much activity or information into the client without affecting performance or network traffic. This resulted in a player attitude that EVE was a sleepy game – one that they could play distracted or even away from their computer. CCP isn’t “killing” anything or “f-ing” players. They are modernizing their game to make a game about the harsh and brutal existence of space life harsh and brutal. It’s just taken 15 years for technology to catch up. All of these changes are consistent with the theme of what EVE has always been, while trying to attract and retain new players.

And to bring this back on-topic, even as a player running on a potato, I’m excited about the graphical changes. Yes, I may have some performance hit, but that’s on me to stay on top of my hardware upgrades.

See you on grid.

2 Likes

They’re called “kill marks”.

Different departments. Just because one department finishes work on something doesn’t mean their work should be left out until other departments finish their work.

I spend a fair amount of time in J-Space, usually acting as security when I’m not in Minmatar militia operations. These changes make my job a little easier, and helps those that live in J-space as well. I’m looking forward to seeing these changes go through from the test servers. They’re quite welcome. Good job Art devs of CCP!

Matar Colonel
Lynn Yi

1 Like

Oh yeah, being a free victim for anyone who bothered coming because you dare to mine in nullsec is now “never learned how to be self-reliant”. I can already sense the self-entitlement.
CCP killed non-umbrella nullsec, not all of the nullsec, but I guess lowsec pubbies can’t tell the difference.

And everyone saying that is an idiot, because super umbrella dwellers already had a fax ready for cases like this, all it does is reassigns one alt from cyno chain in some boonies to sitting next to fax. Umbrellas are, once again, barely affected by this change, it’s everyone else who’s screwed, but I guess lowsec pubbies can’t tell the difference.

Both spaces are horrible and do not interest me in the slightest.

Here we go again “go super under umbrella or die”. Thanks captain obvious.
There was no way to protect a pve ship with local, there is no way to protect a pve ship without one either, no changes there.

Like I said from the start, a game where I have to stare at the gate 3600 second an hour and not allowed to miss even a second (because unlike super duper umbrella deadend space, my constellation has constant traffic) is a game more attention-intensive than a fast-paced fps or moba, because even there you get breaks, but in dont-miss-decloaking-cloaker-or-die-horribly-to-a-substitute-for-skill-covert-cyno-mechanics game you do not get any, perfect 3600 second an hour attention, or bust.
This is not a game I’m able or willing to play.

I never denied those look nice.
I only argued that 9000 players like me are not getting to see them.

First day after derpout apology mail by CCP is out stating they will never do it again, sure.

No poors. I haven’t flown a caracal in years, when a cerb does the job better in every way.

1 Like

Funny, you can’t stop whining about not being able to do PVE in nullsec without local and yet you call other people pubbies.

2 Likes

Because you can’t do pve in nullsec right now anywhere outside umbrella whether you’re a pubbie or not.
And subcaps are dying even under umbrella, so unless you’re in a rorq/super, you’re not really gonna do anything either.

Really don’t care - my point was you whining about Tidi while in a subcap.

What exactly does Old Pervert do in game?
8 years in an npc corp, 13 days in a player corp and back to npc corp for the next 3 years - with no killboard history. I can only assume this is a forum troll alt.
Or you are very good at not getting killed mission running in your Cerb in highsec.

It’s almost like CCP is gently encouraging you to stop trying to get easy isk, and start doing something else with your time?

3 Likes

Especially if your current goal was to rebuild a cap fleet for your alliance, not easy ISK.

But otherwise, yes, agreed, CCP has gently asked me to do something else with my time and my wallet.

I remember EVE ran beautifully on my laptop, even with multiple clients.

Now I need to build a gaming PC with a great CPU.

Love the progress and visuals but please put a “sub-minimal” graphics option please :slight_smile:

:point_up: Yes, please.

Excellent. While good looks aren’t a big concern for old players, it’s vitally important for perspective players looking to try one of the small number of space/sci-fi games. Also good for advertising as even old players take pictures and spread on social media. Game looks remarkably better than it did just 3 years ago.

Good work.

1 Like

It’s my market alt, actually. I do my highsec hauling etc on it, like any other intelligent player in a corp would. More to the point though, why does that matter? Do my words mean different things than if I had posted on my main, or one of my fax alts, or one of my dread alts, or one of my cyno?

No, of course not. Qualifications only matter when you need to take a statement on merit. No merit is needed for any of what I’ve said, the statements are self-qualifying.

And TiDi was never my complaint (truthfully, I had no complaint at all, not sure where you got that from). Although nobody likes TiDi, it’s certainly a necessary evil. Disconnecting because the server drops you is also just part of playing in a large fight.

Can you show me how to disable planet glare in RL? Besides UV Sunglasses?

planets reflect light and generally dont shine with the brightness of the exploding star themselves…

Good work. I got two suggestions.

1. The new “Establishing Warp Vector” bar is very nice, please add an “Abort” button next to it. It would be faster than right clicking the ship HUD and selecting “Stop My Ship”. I keep forgetting what it is on the keyboard when in a hurry.

2. New wormhole visuals look 3D, however I think the clutter could be reduced. Visuals shouldn’t make it harder to read the available information. New wormhole visuals also take about +10 seconds to load when you first warp to them. Which is dangerously slow.
    Stars look great even with medium shader, no problem there.

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Can I have your stuff😇

You can have my primary sexual characteristics in your chosen orifice.

2 Likes

Create shortcuts for stoppig ship.

Default: ctrl+space

I use for example:
E => full speed
Q => stop ship
WSAD for manual piloting
shift + WSAD for other maneuvers

3 Likes