Devblog: Spring Balance Update Incoming!

The patch idea is very wrong. By such actions you kill miners. The game will leave many pilots who played on rorquals. You’d better rebalance the ships of the abyss. They need processing parameters downwards. they cannot be killed by ordinary ships or even capitals. only residents of the WH and the empire will remain in the game. EVA will die (or is it your goal)

8 Likes

time to go alpha

14 Likes

I like the changes, only one question, I see no mentions to the second ECM balance iteration, the Widow doesn’t seem in great shape yet and was expecting something about it.
Does CCP consider ECM ok as it is or is there some hope for further iteration and a better position for the Widow?

5 Likes

The vast majority of these changes are good. Rorqs getting multiple nerfs aren’t great, but losing the chance to save all your incredibly expensive drones is a real nail in the coffin. I would suggest looking at this change again, the problem isn’t that people can save their drones, it’s that big people can save their rorqs.

Suggestion:
With this change to the NSA prohibiting warp, can we just get all siege style modules to keep us from warping but allow us to move around? This would mean dreads, rorqs, mauraders and faxes able to do some maneuvers while in siege, just not warp/jump.

6 Likes

As a lowsec small sized-ship pvper, i’m enjoying this patch. It doesn’t really affect me, but is an interesting nerf to the nullsec and capital flood.
I still think that balancing remote repairs by making them affected by the signature radius is a better option.

I’m warping out to drink all those incoming tears and grab some popcorn to watch delve burn the highsec until you blend on them.

1 Like

A lot of people with multiple rorqual pilots are going to scream, but remember that rorquals were intended to be foremen ships. You should in concept be treating it like an orca… 1 for boosts and other benefits, mining output a bonus, not the top level objective.

Grab your barges folks. There was far too much mineral supply.

On the topic of the NSA changes, it’s well deserved.

7 Likes

Also there is a typo in the devblog

At very large scales fights feel frustrating due to the power of Force Auxiliaries. Despite recent changes to FAX they are still powerful enough to negate enormous amounts of firepower, preventing many super-capital kills from every taking place. This is especially punishing for the losing side who may not get any kills at all even after throwing every dread in the hangar at the enemy fleet.

Pretty sure it’s supposed to be

At very large scales fights feel frustrating due to the power of Force Auxiliaries. Despite recent changes to FAX they are still powerful enough to negate enormous amounts of firepower, preventing many super-capital kills from ever taking place. This is especially punishing for the losing side who may not get any kills at all even after throwing every dread in the hangar at the enemy fleet.

Fantastic changes. A huge step in the right direction. Well done CCP, and keep at it.

1 Like

Hooray !! Hooray !!!
They remembered that there is such a ship as Abaddon !!!

PGN format: https://www.deviantart.com/vollhov/gallery/59139715/Eve-Online-screenshots

9 Likes

Pft. Bring more DDs next time. Anyone who has been in those fights knows that it’s a simple matter of bringing a critical mass of DDs… kind of like an arty fleet but WAY bigger guns lol.

1 Like

lool and you planing people stay playing eve online? you ccp are ■■■■■■■ the economy off eve online not balancing , capital fight is capital fight they just are in null sec or wh if you live there you know the possibility off have a cap in your head, capital changes will ■■■■ the economy off all null sec and at same time off all eve, i just see you make changes to put more money in your own wallet, your blocking the isk people can make in alpha first ( V.N.I. nerf wtf they was making to much isk to you lol ), now this and omega price getting high and high, omega rise for the doble in some countries, if you was making what you have to do (combating bots and other type os scams ) you was making better job , keep the good job probably until the end of the year you will have like 200 players

13 Likes

What? I just said there is a typo there…

As in a real typo… the word “every” makes no sense.

I honestly, could not care less for the actual balance changes, since I don’t play with caps.

3 Likes

Rofl. Sorry I mis-read what you said (and completely missed their typo).

3 Likes

Do you have any idea why they need to balance rorquals? Just asking because your post sounds like you have 0 clue what the reality and outcome of the current situation is…

wow so many good changes, I can t believe it. Not sure why dreads didn t get hit by the nerf, they are as opressive as carriers, if not even more, since you can t defang them. The Gila nerf could also have included some of the dmg from the drones. what I don t understand is the Ferox. It is alrdy super slow and sluggish.
Drekavak and Kikimora dps should have been brought in line too, they just outperform anything in their class
But overall very good changes. specialy the carrier application was much needed. Now let s fix battleships ccpls

1 Like

Ok so first off: Glad we are seeing changes.
Some of them are good, Haw Nerf is a good start, Application nerf is good stuff.
But now on to the changes that I wanna give feedback on.

1: Fax changes ( or rather, rep changes)

• This doesnt change the core problem. Fax blobs are still #1 in any Titan brawl and will, if reps are halfed as to the blog, still outweigh Titan gun DPS, which means its still a DD volley game.
  • This nerfs subcap logi- why?
  • This buffs fax for subcap fleets. If your logi is getting penalized, the big brawls will be better off fought with Fax. If you ever “warlorded” for a fleet before, you know how extremly strong and impactful the fax reps already were. With Subcap logi being less effective this is more relevant than ever.

2: Cap vs Subcap changes

• HAW nerf, will probably need more tweeks but a good start. I dont think it changes anything about the core problem though, infact, I think you will see this backfire once people realize that you can get cap guns to apply to subcaps just fine.
  • Fighter nerfs, no complains here.
  • NSA change. This one is a extrelmy bad one. It is completly irelevant for the blobs, as they dont care if they get tackled anyways. For anyone that lives in a smaller group, it will just mean that either A: they dont use NSA but Sebos instead, or B: they go join the blobs to be safe to use NSA instead.
    For anyone that uses their carrier/ super for Pvp, dunks, w/e this is a huge nerf.

3: Insurance changes

• If this only applies to fax and carriers I can live with it, if not:
  • Dreads nerfed again. Why. Wasnt the CEHE nerf enough? Dreads are already in a pretty bad spot. They cant compete against fax, they are bound to a grid for 5 mins in a meta where it takes 1 minute to log in and drop 30 titans.

4: Rorquals

• I dont have too much insight, but from reading it this is a slap on the wrist. 1 min less panic doesnt mean anything, yield nerfs dont mean anything as scalability is still infinite, they still easily tank 100k dps +
  • Drone volume nerf, this nerfs one of the “counters” to mining, drone booshing. Why? Just make it so you cant dump the drones into depots instead.

5: Subcap balance

• Tiny beam buff- Doubt this changes anything. AC’s are still trash btw
  • VNI nerf: Litterally irelevant nerf. Why? Do it properly or dont bother.
  • Gila nerf: Oh no, now you need to actually pay attention while you roflstomp all PvE content.
  • Ferox: tiny nerf, better than nothing I guess.

6: The nerfs that we didnt get

• Citadel ref timers & citadel spam.
  • Alliance wealth generation outside of renters and pseudo-renters
  • Incentive for offensive campaigns
  • Proliferation nerfs
  • Umbrella nerfs
2 Likes

they can’t move for 5min at a time and can’t get reps

No, you just sig tank them instead. A HAC for example, common fleet ship, can easily sig tank your average HAW dread. If they sacrifice enough fitting to track said HAC, they leave themselves more vulnerable to other things.

2 Likes

NSA: Best thing ccp ever did, kill those dirty bots and ratters :smiley:
Buff small rails pls

2 Likes

So I’ve been playing Eve for 12 years with two toons only. One was Rorqual/support focused and another was a PVP/combat one. Without 3452 different toons I couldn’t do smartbombing, couldn’t do massive semi-AFK VNI ratting, couldn’t take my own mining fleets out, so I focused my PVE activity around caps, meaning I only mine with one Rorqual and rat with a single Super. What these changes do is strip 20% of my mining income (again) and make my ratting Super in just one way - I’ll be super easy to get caught by random roaming fleets, so risking a 30bil ship for ratting makes no sense any more. Or I can ruin my bounties by not using a NSA @ all. And also as I struggled playing solo PVP carriers already because of how easy it is to defang a carrrier, you also decided to nerf carriers application to subcaps, so they’re even more useless in solo/small gang PVP. Yay!

Thanks CCP, my game experience just got absolutely ruined. :slight_smile: This game is more and more about multiboxing and less about progression and long term targets lately, sadly.

I do understand changes are needed, but hitting all small players because some people play with 16 Rorquals like 24/7 is quite unfair.

I will give it a try, but at first glance it seems that this balance pass will be the tipping point in my Eve experience as a cap pilot. Well, had a blast, thanks for that amazing decade.

24 Likes