Devblog: Spring Balance Update Incoming!

Not after these changes, it’ll be more a support ship for the exhauners and mining bradges.

But as said before these changes won’t fix the issues of Rorqs dominanting mining fields by large corps, as the command bonuses will still rep other Rorqs in the fleet. And the excorvator changes have no real effect to those rorq mining fleets that know how to mine.

1 Like

Ok, so you start off by saying that ‘after these changes’ the Rorq will not be ‘the best mining ship in the game’.

Then you finish off by saying that these changes won’t have any real effect on the rorq mining fleets that know how to mine… why not? If it’s not the best mining ship, won’t they use the best mining ship? Which ship do you believe will mine better?

And what does “as the command bonuses will still rep other Rorqs in the fleet” mean? Because command bursts don’t rep anything.

3 days. its been 3 days since these changes were announced with the devs saying rorqs dont die enough. well. so far. goons have killed 4 from my two corps each. in stealth bombers. ■■■■ this potential change CCP. take this and stick it right up your asses. how about you DONT nerf rorqs again? clearly doesnt matter when all people fly are triglavian and loki’s and stealth bombers. dont make it easier. -.-

4 Likes

A simple example: I have Rorq, in which I make 30kkk per month and have an account for pvp - this is quite enough for me. Now I will have 30kkk - 20% - 2 plex = 20kkk. Do you think I will have another Rorq? Rorq in the alliances will be even more)) Not wanting to lose the precious isk, each will add 1 new character.
60kkk per month (2 Rorq) - 20% - 3 plex (with account for pvp) = 42kkк - not bad)) Now do you understand that only increase the profits of those who already mining 4-5 Rorq under capital protection?
If your task is to strengthen large alliances, then you will succeed. Smaller collectives will suffer, as the hunt will be open for them.
It would be better to do something with suicide in high-sec … really - now Jita and other trade hubs are the most dangerous place in EVE.
Marader for 1.6kkk - very, very bad ship.

The excavator is only targeted by this so call balance were better then standard drones, but that maybe question after change.

* ‘    Excavator’ Mining Drone base mining yield decreased to 800m3 (was 1000m3)
    * ‘Excavator’ Ice Harvesting Drone base cycle time slowed to 310s (was 250s)
    * Excavator drone volume increased to 1100m3 (was 750m3) and Rorqual dronebay volume increased to 8800m3 (was 6000m3)

As you see this only effects excavators and no other drones.

So those that actually thought through mining with drones know excavators are over priced and slow.

So yes the changes aren’t well thought out.

As for the rep is referring repetitive command bursts.

The question wasn’t about whether the changes were well thought-out.

You said the Rorq won’t be the best mining ship in the game (Brisc said it was the best mining ship in the game, you said ‘not after these changes’).

Then you said the changes won’t fix the issues of Rorqs dominating mining fleets, and that the excavator changes won’t have any real effect on those mining fleets. That would seem to indicate the Rorqual will remain the best mining ship in the game.

Which is it?

And what does repetitive mining boosts from other Rorquals have to do with anything, considering the mining command bursts don’t help Rorquals at all?

That is a reason for “free beer” while they can still get it

1 Like

For anyone using excavators it will have major effects.

And of cause those players are governed by their Corp.

The large Corp Rorq fleets are issue, but CCP don’t even know their own game, and thus focused on what they think everyone uses. Most intelligent Corp leaders look at how much ore/ice they can pull a minute, not cycle. Smaller t2 drones over a minute with bonuses from drone modules, skills and implants will pull more than a excavator the further it has to travel for the same or less bandwidth.

The Rorq as I see should really be a support ship for the other mining ships. And they should have the same deployment rules as other anchoring items.

1 Like

Hmm… my current calculations are my 3 accounts get about 1/10 of the 40$ plex package per hour with 2 rorqs and a super at an average of 380 mil isk give or take, if I work overtime in RL for that same one hour make roughly that same 40$, so really RL farming is currently 10 times stronger for me personally than in game before these nerfs. So more seems like a scam to sell more Plex by making in game farming more worthless. Or to only hurt newer broke players from having any chance of gaining on the rich vets, who have already made their fortunes off these ships. Increasing the gap and destroying the middle class.

EDIT: This is coming from the pure isk farming side of things. After reading the CSM minutes, I do tend to agree with a lot of the points and other pvp aspect of these changes. So I do feel the changes will bring better balance to the pvp side of things but, isk farming would still become more unbalanced between vets and newer players trying to climb the ranks and establish themselves. I also see trying to get rid of capital/super/titan pve as a bad idea also. For the amount of time/investment a normal player takes to acquire the feat they should be rewarded with being able to use and learning how to use before going into pvp with in a pve site, and being able to generate a larger about of isk too in ratios in line with anything else you farm with and are able to then replace if lost.

2 Likes
  1. How does this sell more PLEX, considering that every PLEX purchased in-game with ISK had to be purchased from CCP in the first place?
  2. You know that just subscribing is cheaper than buying PLEX with cash every month, right?

Unless you’re talking about having the excavators truck across 30-40km of open space (and get bombed and die) this is not true. All of those drone modules, skills, and implants apply to excavators, too.

Except they’re not an ‘anchoring item’. You don’t have to have dreadnoughts 75km away from one another to siege, after all.

I’m pretty sure they can see exactly what ‘everyone’ uses. It’s all just entries in their databases, after all.

1 Like

Well written! I totally agree with you as I’m exactly in same point as you are. Having just 2 accounts, one has Rorqual, second has super. Months of skilling those two ships to get best possible income and what? Now I feel simply cheated by CCP. As you said, it looks like they simply want people to have more accounts and pay more for plexes. Wheter the changes are needed or not, I have enough of CCPs giving then taking back.

3 Likes

thats the Point… thoose who ccp states to hit will continue without Problems easy to adapt but the “small guys” get ■■■■■■ into stoneage…

Please point to where CCP says they’re trying ‘to hit’ large groups.

Once again: there were no changes that could be made that would not be getting the exact same reaction from you, but changes did need to be made.

2 Likes

That’s not correct. Rorq still mines twice as much as it’s nearest competitor, which can only even come close with a Rorq for support. And a Hulk fills it’s cargo bay in 2 cycles - Rorq is the only ship that can stay out mining for a considerable period without having to dump it’s holds.

Rorqs will still be useful, still the most common mining ship, etc.

1 Like

Changes are clearly needed. But lets face it CCP you’ve created the current situation. Why you always creating something and then fixing it several times? You should really learn to predict what impact it gonna make in longer period of time. Because giving and taking back is really annoying. I understand that not everything can be predicted but why your fixing always means NERFING?? Perhaps you should look at other solusions here…

There’s too much income generated by ratting carriers/supers and Rorquals right? And there’s too many capitals in overall. Then why you’ve made them so easy to have in first place? I personaly believe that current problems started with introducing of citadels, especially Keepstars and Sotiyoes. Manufacturing of capitals became too easy as Sotiyo is much harder to shut down then POS. Allowing supercaps to dock was complete nonsense to me. Supercarrier could be stored in XL Maint Array but Titan should’t be able dock anywhere. Even carriers are too easy to dock right now as Fortizar isn’t that expensive. By implementing those citadels you allowed to create Umbrellas protecting PvE players and generating enormous amount of isks.

Another thing I was talking about to people I play with from long time is that supercapitals are way too easy to build in the sense of requirements. After all they require just minerals. I believe that supercarriers and maybe Rorquals should be tech2 ships. The only tech2 capital ship we got is a jump freighter. I could never understand why I need to skill so long and gather moon resources from many different places to build a ship worth less then a super which can be now build by one person in single nullsec system. Not to mention a titan! Years ago I saw titan as a real final goal, as “I won EVE”. Now? Meh… Titans should require a combination of materials to build, some minerals, some moongoo, some PI or maybe even t3 parts. They should be so hard to build that it would force whole corporations to cooperate. Same as R.I.P. Outposts have been forcing whole alliances to work on that wonderful common goal. Why did you kill it CCP?

I hope that Devs will read what I wrote and think about other solutions then simple nerfing. Thanks!

4 Likes

Without Injecting, what is the time, ISK, and US dollar cost a casual player would expect to spend on a Rorqual?

• 4 months+ of training time
  • 4 months of subscription time at $13/month = $52
  • 2.5b+ ISK in skill books
  • Basic fit T2 Rorqual with excavators 8b ISK (Decent fit is 10b)
  • We now have 10.5b ISK invested / plex price of 3.8m ISK (2763 plex) = $99.99 plex pack with 400-500m leftover
  • You will spend $152 and 4 months of time to get into a Rorqual
  • Time to return ISK investment, assuming 150m ISK an hour = 70 hours
  • Don’t forget heavy water cost @ 567m ISK for those 70hr’s
  • Assuming a casual player who plays 15hr a week, and assuming there are no hostiles around, and you don’t die or lose a drone.
  • Then 4.7 weeks to return investment

What will be the difference with the upcoming changes?

• Assuming -25% to Rorqual mining effectiveness
  • 112.5m an hour
  • 93.3hr till return on investment and 755m in heavy water
  • 6.2 weeks to return on investment

The numbers can be skewed lots of different ways, lots of assumptions made on my part, but the point here is that there is a huge time and money investment being made. The chances of losing that investment are huge, at the time of writing this there were 14 Rorqual loses on zkill for the day. People complain about inflation and botting, but is making the grind even more intense the best course for combating these things?

I don’t think so.

5 Likes

Who “normal” look at the asteroid 2h per day? EVERY DAY!
I think, we have a lot of mining bots and in result, normal player, who want to mining is on lost position. I cant buid t2 ship (tengu or sabre), because i must to have 8 - 10 planets. Some told - switch planets production… it is imposible with time cost on switch.
But… I can build capital ships! it’s nothink, only minerals and… minerals? I dont need moon to build CAPITAL SHIP, but id need MOON to build small frigate t2…

CCP what is your plan? Only big corps with Capital Ships and a lot of bots to make production on it? Big fight is nice, but it is not only point.

In EVE is, i think, a lot of small corps, small batles, or solo pvp, pve battles. Dont look only for bigest, look to small asteroid cluster, we are living too…

And at last: One Universe, One War, but why not One Account?

I agree 100%, in addition, they should require materials found only in T5 Abyss or something very alike. Why T5 Abyss ? Cause its just a wee bit more difficult to AFK rat or bot through it then your average VNI AFKing through anoms …

1 Like

Yes. And that in itself is a gigantic ■■■■ up. They are mother ■■■■■■■ top end of all industrial ships and ought to be exactly opposite. They should be difficult to produce and rare and very risky to operate, unlike the status quo.

2 Likes

Really ? Cause actually its all over the place, like this from not too long ago Reddit - Dive into anything

1 Like