Devblog: Update On Chat System Issues

Who would’ve thought a working chat may be useful for a MMO

3 Likes

You seem to be the one crying the river, binky.

Like I said, if you can’t be arsed to educate yourself, I ain’t gonna waste my time explaining it to you.

2 Likes

“finalizing its stabilization with a view to resolving all the major outstanding issues”

That’s some fine corporate doublespeak…

“issues that are still being experienced ten months after deployment”

Ten months ?!? Come play Eve Online where basic functionality can be broken for almost a year!

“as in-game compensation for the disruption to gameplay that has occurred”

Here’s a skin, 5 plex and 2.5 skill-points, enjoy!

1 Like

Do locator agents still work ?

I was about to write “*London” but you beat me to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reimplement the old chat system and then you can permanently ban VPNs (this will curb a lot of botting behaviour). Then get rid of local in low-sec and null-sec.

3 Likes

Not the chat servers. Which was precisely the mistake of CCP devops team.
I can say with confidence, that significant portion of chat issues happens because of disparity between game and chat network connection.
Just moving chat servers back home should stabilize the situation enough to buy time for investigation, if not eliminate the issue altogether.

2 Likes

Oh dear, CCP said the dreaded C word… compensation

This will create drama

2 Likes

There’s a big difference between writing the kind of simple chat system you are thinking about and the kind of system games like EVE require. It’s kind of like comparing the ability to fly a kite to the ability to fly a space shuttle. Sure, at their core they both simply involve making an object fly through the air, but one is very clearly a whole lot more complex than the other.

1 Like

Now would be the perfect time to have a critical discussion about the foundational mechanic of having local in its current role of instant perfect intel tool.

2 Likes

Honestly It’s made Jita Local a lot better. So that’s a pro.

4 Likes

Eliminate local chat in trade hubs and I’d be a happy camper.

2 Likes

I only really miss the asteroid environment in the ice belts. It was very unique and pretty, then suddenly gone.

2 Likes

“Future proofing”
CCP 2019
Fails text chat.
“Balance”
CCP 2019
LoL

Keep em coming lotsa year left.

2 Likes

10 months. I think it’s high time we called this ‘experiment’ what it is: a failure.

It shouldn’t have taken this long to recognize the failings of the new system. Next time CCP isn’t going to receive a lengthy reprieve like this from players…

1 Like

You’re welcome to do better.

And who are you dear and kind internet non-friend to offer me a job at CCP?
Or is it just your soft fanboy side that got bruised by my comment?

5 Likes

Stop giving them stupid ideas and don’t reinforce Falcon’s dumb stance on this. No local in null sec will just lead to more botting because of intel bots.

Good to see that work is finally done to improve this trainwreck. I hope this also includes fixing the many reported issues that are not stability related.

1 Like

Hooray! Jita local will be back up one way or another. I have a whole lot of stuff I need to sell while making an accidental typo that cuts my prices down to 10% of the intended amount!

P.S. I feel like I need to be compensated for the literal months of not being able to push my firesales.

10 months. Yah, the chat system is really f**cked up if it takes so much time to send such a simple message ))

1 Like