Devblog: Update On Chat System Issues

‘‘they’re’’ not ‘‘there’’…get educated… if people are not playing eve how you want them to …leave

Theres NO problems with chat system, theres problem with scammers. Simply ban for 1/3/permanent for trade offer in local, and all problems be solved. Few chat administrators definitely will be less expensive, then bunch of programmers…

Don’t bring old system. Don’t make step back. Pls look into the issues and fix it :slight_smile:

/me runs Immunity Debugger

• Fix new chat system.
  • Bring old chat back.

0 voters

Since the majority of issues seem to stem from synch between TQ and AWS wouldn’t it be possible to move the chat system to the same datacentre? Put it on new servers (I doubt it needs super high end ones like TQ) and that way it will have much better chance to stay in synch with TQ while still not removing the benefits of XMPP based system (especially the ability to transfer channel ownership).

5 Likes

Hah… IT webcomic strip sponsored by a cloud service. Perfectly timed. :wink:

1 Like

You do realize that different people are seeing different numbers of people (and different names) in local, right? From March till now, the problem happens on and off. If you have more than one account, it’s easy to test for yourself, just put your toons in one system and move around, you’ll eventually notice it, though it’s far less common than back in March/April of 2018, at least.

Jita local was broken as recently as over the X-mas break. That’s the one bright side to all of this, IMO.

2 Likes

10 months it’s taken you to come to this conclusion???
Honestly as a company you are getting ■■■■■■■ rediculous in how you treat us!
Over the last 15yrs we have screamed about alot of big game breaking things and it’s taken you an age to fix, maybe not in chronological order - Stacking of mod damage, tracking, Webs, Nos, Titans/supers, rorqs, chat, skill injectors, Lag, rubber banding, bots of all kinds, walking in stations, nano’s, drone/fighters damage stacking bug, POS bowling. Thats just off the top of my head!!! I’m sure there is much more that I’ve forgotten over the years but at this point now with the amount of devs who have regular contact with players who point this out daily and still nothing gets done for months and months, some of it was over a year or more for you guys to fix, all the while bleeding players (some stuff on list being broken for over 8-9yrs at this point)
The Chat issue should have been reversed after the first month! but as usual you kept it going either hoping it would be fixed asap or that we the players would just shut up and accept it feeling as powerless as ever watching a game that for some of us we have invested 15yrs of playing and ££££.
I for one (and many I play with) have pretty much put eve on life support, only staying about because of the friendships I’ve made with people and not wanting to give up on them. I am currently waiting for Dual Universe to release (which ironically has a few old CCP devs amongst them) and will be migrating with a fair few players from here to it as by this point it’s going to take a miracle for you guys to keep me and others interested in this game.
Just a tip if you go back to the old “reliable” chat, Block input to local if above 800 people.

TLDR: Fix your ■■■■■■■ game!

5 Likes

personally i live in venezuela and i used to play eve perfectly as it demands low internet speed and conections here are preety bad, but since that update on the chat ive been lowering my plays because most of the time none of the chats work because they get permanently disconected, and also chat channels gets closed automatically, so most of the time i enter the came i have to play solo, bcause no ways of comunications with my mates with the exception of the evemail, and as i live in null sec local chat is one of the most importants tools and intel channels which none of them works most of the time. ive reported that several times also.

1 Like

in my case most of the time they doesnt work, i chat via evemail LOL

1 Like

maybe you should try about making your own separate chat server as someone up here said

We scammers are neither “the problem” nor “a problem.” Stop trying to get all comfy and protected by enforced rules instead of using your own head. HTFU and don’t be bad.

P.S. please come to Jita and buy a firesale or two from me one day. Then stop being bad after that. Only 15 bil.

1 Like

that is not possible… the client and the new chat system are not part of the same system, they aren’t even housed on the same infrastructure so they can’t interfere in each other. I made some tests and even if you block the chat system completely via firewall the client is unaffected…

1 Like

If our current efforts do not yield positive results by the end of January, we’ll begin the process of investigating the reinstatement of the original chat back end, which despite its future limitations, served New Eden reliably in the past.

You waited ten months to decide you now only need a few weeks to resolve all the MAJOR outstanding issues. Very convincing!

Switch back to the working version now. Don’t waste any more time on your bad decision.

oh, so TLDR; happy coincidence. Gotcha.

I’d say, it’s such a fresh air to see at least something from CCP. Of course, they should’ve done something about this sooner, but I’m just saying they are doing it better than many ‘other companies do’.
(cough) EA (cough) Bethesda

1 Like

Thank you CCP for your willingness to take the time to address these bugs. Us players really do care about these kinds of things. As you can tell from the myriad of responses on this thread the community is frustrated that it took you this long. Please remember this as you continue prioritizing things in the future. We do not care about your stupid events. We do not care about your stupid skins. We do care about the reliability of core game mechanics. Best of luck to you resolving all the chat/local system issues. I hope that this just the first wave of a 2019 filled to the brim with CCP focusing on resolving many of the frustrating bugs in Eve. Don’t stop with just the chat bugs. There’s so much more to deal with.

3 Likes

it is just sad it has to take 10 months before it gets taken serieusly
but non the less they are working on it

@xTIGGERx think this is the first time ever i agree with you tigger didnt think THAT would ever happen

1 Like

@CCP_Falcon is it maybe a idear to put the code from the old machine in the new machine sicne it is alrea
dy running