Devblog: War Declaration Changes - The War Adjacent to Christmas

All of that is water under the bridge. They’re trying to fix it now, and that’s the important thing.

Man, the amount of time people sit around here bitching about stuff in the past is nuts. It doesn’t matter if they screwed up before, they’re trying to fix it now. That’s the important thing.

8 Likes

For instance. My corp wanted to help mogul financial in a war against them at one point. We war dec’d the corp that was at war with them and waited for the structure timer to come up with a fleet on standby. We where on grid when the war target we war dec’d didn’t show up but a mec coalition undocked a large fleet that looked like a structure bashing fleet. It took us a few minutes to determine they were blue in this instance to mogul financial and was there for the same corp we where looking to show up. Sometimes people show up could be a three way war. They could be at war with everyone. And there is no fast way to determine this because of the way each of these wars are listed in very simple way.
Being able to find common war targets with other corps in wars and can tell if they are allies in other wars quickly would help smaller corps group up and work together against a common war target, maybe. But that should have been done before this.

so ccp do i get you right basicly get a cat ganking alt since we do not want you to fight under rules ?

well the goal of that system is to be engaging and entertaining for both parties sure … thats who war works also that is never the chase was never will never. Attackers only ever want to engage (some odd minoritys taken out who actualy like a good fight) if they know they will win. And owning a structure as the requirment to be elegibale for war is so dum might have a member limit to become elegible. since oh industrials in high sec a 20 man indu corp in high sec if i wardec them for example at any point the can fight if they chose not to and hide its their choise but generaly speaking high sec is not that small finding people actually takes effort if they are not dumb as ■■■■ and sit in jita.

so what the heck … please stop killing consequences … the one thing that makes eve unique and i love this game for … and i got drive out of highsec by a merc corp 6 years ago but it was how it was we taunted them in local and had it coming our way this needs to remain possible that you can retaliate.

but to be fair ccp gives ■■■■ all on comments in the forum anyhow so -.- why do i even bother

3 Likes

No one in EVE has perfect immunity. Even with this change, they won’t.

Most structure based proposals, as far as i have seen, are more comprehensive and use the structures as the base in what is essentially “capture the flag” style gameplay. The side to kill the other side’s base first wins. It’s all tied up in a system that creates victory conditions and meaningful consequences and incentives to fight a war, both as an attacker and as a defender.

Victory conditions have been my #1 wish for the war dec system, because they solve a lot of problems. The rub is how you set them and what they are, and that’s what I hope CCP will be working on during the comprehensive revamp.

In the mean time, this band aid essentially provides for social corps, which I think is a legitimate stop gap between the current system and a future system that has all the bells and whistles people have been asking for.

2 Likes

Stop ignoring the past when you justify the present. :wink:

Besides, this is also funny: Industry is huge part of EVE. CCP forces people to use structures to be efficient at industry. And now we have a very nice tool to stalk and harass people who want to do industry. Just look at a corp’s show info and you know for sure that they have something they treasure (if they are active and like to play). Great. :slight_smile:

Ok, but how does that (capture the flag wardec system), for example, address the issue of the guy who’s stealing ore from the moon you’ve fracked? You’re shelling out money for the refinery, the fuel blocks, etc… he’s not even paying taxes or a fee to go mine the moongoo…

What’s the consequence? Is that ‘well, I guess you need to suicide gank him’ so you can lose more money?

1 Like

I agree. But I don’t agree with the step nor the amount of time they researched this fix. It seems like it was floated in the CSM meeting as a brainstorming session and then they just did it without any other input. They used the data and slides in Eve Vegas as prof of the problem, but didn’t solicit any other views then the one they already had from that session months prior and just pushed the change through. I’m all about fixing broken things but I disagree this would be the first step.
Having corps able to be tax free to earn isk takes the protection they’d have to pay for in NPC corps of not being war dec-able. Doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

Sounds like the cost of doing business in a system you dont own…

6 Likes

What’s to stop somebody in a newbie corp from doing that now?

5 Likes

@Brisc_Rubal
Arrendis has a point when it comes to highsec, once every blue moon I make the suggestion to get rid of ore belts and turn everything into sizeable anoms that corps can claim ownership to.

With moons, characters not on the access list of the owning corp should go suspect for touching the rocks and allow for some sort of counterplay (Ie shooting them in the face for theft)

@Arrendis @Max_Deveron And there is a goddam reason that this is the first what is sounding like many steps, Somewhen over the next couple months we will see a solution for moon mining belts and the like.

They will make the change, See what is left with issues as a result and then fix them on the next change

They spent more than six months researching, and they got views from a lot of folks, including the war dec community. They had all the documents the War Dec Project had compiled and written, and Falcon has been in that discord at least as long as I have.

I am planning on doing round tables with the war dec folks later this month or early January, depending on people’s schedules, to get the war dec community’s views (beyond what I’ve already seen).

Like the Devblog says, this is a first step. It can’t be the only step.

3 Likes

Looks good so far. A couple things…

If war dec’ers want to declare war on a corp in Hi-sec, they should have to own a structure in Hi-sec. Otherwise 0.0 corps will hide their structures out of reach making it impossible for casual high-sec corps to attack the dec’ers structure to end the war.

There needs to be risk for those who would try to force people into war. Rather than the ability to block structure transfers, there should be a grace period where the receiving corp can just take down the structure. In other words…Be careful who you try to force in to war…you may lose the structure without the war you were wanting.

7 Likes

hmm, a little salty over something dude?
Whats with the cussing?

I have no issue with the change coming to wardecs, I saw another point being made and took an oppurtunity to speak while the CSM rep is active, reading and typing.

You need to go take a chill pill.

1 Like

@Max_Deveron I’m not salty over anything, You and arrendis have just been seemingly incapable of reading the 10+ times that Brisc has noted that this is the first step in many and fixes for your proposed issues will likely follow

1 Like

uhm nope,

Arrendis made a point about moon mining operations and rock theft, not wardecs…so he is off topic, i simply choose to speak on the point he made (taking an opportunity so to speak)

Nothing at all. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t immunity, it just means that Samira, as I find to be the case often enough to be frustrating sometimes, is right: newbie corps are too safe, in some ways. Especially for people who stay in them for over a decade.

1 Like

Sure. Like I said: If it’s a stopgap, great. If it’s the foundation of something where the only way to shoot back at someone who doesn’t have an anchored structure is to gank them… that’s going to be a problem, all on its own.

Ofc, And I can see your point, But there was no need to say it 3 times as though brisc hadn’t heard you the first.

We are all fully aware that there should be some for of counterplay to it, And it likely will come, Otherwise its a huge oversight

Aww don’t be so butt hurt, other people lost more than a shuttle :rofl: