Devs Play EVE - CCP policy change discussion

You can’t even steal loot? How about suspect baiting in hi-sec?

2 Likes

Don’t get the point of the first one. Are you concerned that CSM and developers might communicate?

As for the second, I think that’s a somewhat bizarre restriction. In particular, I think (from my own experience) that participating in tournaments would be a unique learning opportunity for developers that would expose them to subtle gameplay that doesn’t exist anywhere else in the game.

• Note that that doesn’t mean flying in the tournament, but even participating in the preparation, etc. would be valuable. I agree that developers shouldn’t be collecting prizes from CCP, for example.

Much of the point was to deal with the fact that the strict anonymity requirements kind of sucked the air out of Eve gameplay for the developers who played the game under the prior rules. The consequences for being outed accidentally were the kind of thing that would be highly disruptive to gameplay.

Today, under the new rules, I can have confidence that my character’s been vetted to go public and I don’t have to tell a soul, but if someone finds out somehow, it’ll be no problem.

4 Likes

I like the idea, I hope devs can have a more enjoyable experience in the game.

2 Likes

Will the Player Devs know if another Player Dev is playing with another corporation?

This new emergent style of game play is going to be, explosive in my opinion. I can imagine groups of Player Devs getting into first fights at the office as the brutality that us players have created in the environment flows into the office setting. Infiltration is the specialty of some players, whether you see it, smell it or feel it, It’s there.

Should be, fun, to say the least.

2 Likes

Here in the prestigious Center for Advanced studies, for new characters, our doors are always open… literally.

And, probably one of the best places to see exactly what questions and points of confusion we get from newbros on a daily basis, as we get them as fresh as they come.

:wink:

2 Likes

Just wanted to link this thread for Dev’s that are interested in joining a null sec community without actually joining a player Corp / Alliance.

2 Likes

Oh? There are wormholers there?

Games throughout the past four decades have had devs in clans/guilds that have been “accidentally” outed. So what? The sky has never fallen, the player base has never left in droves, and a game has never folded because 5 or 6 members of a guild turned out to be CS or GMs or Devs.

If you want my opinions (because that’s what they are, informed or not), you’re welcome to PM me. I’m not unhappy that CCP devs now have a freedom they should always have had, but imho, CCP’s just made a big deal out of “nothing” in the industry – nothing, that is, if you manage player perception appropriately rather than your just your own.

1 Like

These changes are only notable in the Eve community because of the history regarding these rules and how they came to be in the first place. Twelve years ago CCP was a young company lacking internal controls and it caused serious problems that some people today still remember vividly. This is just part of the process of moving on from that.

Beyond that, I agree, it’s not really a big deal.

2 Likes

It’s not about politics. It’s about doing favors for friends, whether those favors are material (as the aforementioned T20 incident), informational, or preferential treatment in behind-the-scenes decisions to which the rest of us will never be privy.

Frankly, I think you should go a step further and actually publish the names of CCP employees’ characters for maximum transparency.

2 Likes

Would now be a good time to request a policy change on being so stingy with snowballs and fireworks at this festive time?

:evergreen_tree:

Wouldn’t that invite wardecs, ganks and other miscellaneous activities against them, making it so they couldn’t actually play?

NOoooooo! I hide in the sun when I am Ninja Looting! LOL

2 Likes

Would it be fun to create a Devs Only corp as an enemy faction in game so we can hunt them down to vent frustration?

1 Like

Lmao like y’all need some arbitrary reason to harass and persecute a group of players.

I dont understand the purpose of this.

Is it to normalise the complicity ?

Maybe CCP can create some really thick Gas Clouds that visually hide ships as well as negate their transponder signals.

Something similar to this Hidden Smuggler’s Training Facility.

I imagine end of year bonus for dev team is given in plex or isk :grinning:

1 Like

of them changing the policy?

I think its a great idea.

@CCP_Darwin I would love to fly with any of you guys/gals.

And if your organisation is on the approved list, Im sure you will :slight_smile: