Devs Play EVE - CCP policy change discussion

A fix should be coming in the next release we can get it into!

9 Likes

The backgrounds of CCPers who were active EVE players prior to joining the company is super diverse. Pretty much every major alliance and playstyle is represented at CCP in some way.

5 Likes

I hope some of them start a new character ;), even with an invitation link (1 Mio SP)

I think theres is nothing wrong with devs playing among us players, except these “VIP” style users can usually generate a lot of emnity among the players for a lot of reasons; If you sh*t talk a developer usually that player can face swifter or harsher penalties to their account, I’d prefer if the devs stayed clear from the game Prime directive style and leave its players to its own designs, there is the test server for them to enjoy after all.

Also please moderate your twitch channel.
As soon as I open it up from your provided link: “I got banned once for criticising the ***** gov”
:astonished:

cool cool cool … and we are open to join :wink:

JuuR

Great change, hope to see and shoot you all sooner then later!

ps. WHBOO is recruiting

1 Like

Unconfirmed rumors suggest that Dreddit is recruiting.

2 Likes

Time to work on getting to level 5 on the “Banhammer incoming” trophy.

1 Like

So if we shoot you in the face, we’re sure you’ll understand :slight_smile:

I think this is great news. Can’t wait to see you in null! Oh and if you are worried about being outed by extreme security measures - just bear in mind Pandemic Horde accepts everyone who doesn’t give us cause to reject them.

Oh, the most pressing issue at the moment is: Pineapple on Pizza? Yes or No?

1 Like

Freedom is the answer and the keyword, freedom to be yourself. I think it is good to allow devs to play the game and I hope players will see devs just like players.

:heart::slight_smile::heart:

1 Like

No, really?

The only ‘T20 Incident’ I’m aware of was when my Triumph T20 Tiger Cub lost it’s main bearing just before my motorbike riding test, back in 19-OMG-was-it-really-that-long-ago-!

CCP, you should expect a little issue with the “let us play” part. It will be hard for any person to resist talking about the game and its problems with you, or with each other when you are in earshot. You may want to save some canned responses to cut and paste into chat, like “That’s a good subject for the Ideas and Features forum”, and “you should file a bug report on that”.

And to everyone: Yes, its a temptation. Try and resist.

Any CCP miners/mission runners tired of being alone: My corp is recruiting.

3 Likes

Kinda feel bad for some of the CCP employees who come out of the closet about their Eve super hero identities. As soon as CCP does something stupid they might get ■■■■ on even if they just work in the mail room. CSM walks into a bar or forum and they get tomatoes thrown at them as if they work for CCP.

I always say hello when i see a ccp dev in local, but then they usually run away :slight_smile:

Edit: ohh meh gawd, i just realized, the bounties are gonna be enormous

4 Likes

Interesting move, but it seems to have a lot of side effects.

I think it is important that CCP players do experience the solo, small corp, independent style of play - since a lot of players and most new players start there. Certainly they don’t seem to have figured anything useful out about low sec or small gang or Faction Warfare by being ‘excluded’ from big, background-checking corps.

I agree that this will expose some CCP employees to additional hassle because the crazy angry people (that we see all too often in the forums) will likely target them for in-game harangues and harassment.

I also agree that the “Let us suck” request makes sense, but people will be people no matter what you tell them. A lot of folks will hold CCP employees to a higher set of expectations.

The most important consequence in my mind, is that this means CCP employees are now fair game for abuse, exploitation, scamming, trickery, infiltration, exposure. They’re fair game to be manipulated, taken advantage of, used for other player’s purposes.

Some people will treat CCP players with kid gloves to curry favor. Others will immediately begin thinking how to exploit them for maximum advantage.

Hopefully CCP will be able to deal sensibly with the inevitable “wow we never expected THAT to happen!” shenanigans.

CCP: This is your game. This is the way you designed it. These are the players you’ve spent years inviting to it. Have fun with it now that you’re just another item on the menu.

6 Likes

coughs correction, this is our game. :slight_smile:
we run barter town

3 Likes

can’t give this enough “likes”

I would consider logging in more often for the “missions” to run with a few ccpbros, as well as some exploring. long live caldari.

1 Like

I am in favor of dev participation in game/ I have seen it work in other games. while there are some potential roadblocks and temptaions that must be overcome, the most significant is skill training. In order to be successful on one level the devs will need to award themselves skill points to effectively participate. however, this also prevents them from truly experiencing what real players go through to achieve goals. I suggest that any devs wanting to experience gameplay as we do should start a new character and learn the old vashioned way along with any accelerated character they create.
welcome to our world

3 Likes

This is a good move, CCP!
You can only improve what you can measure… and measure in context of EVE means also experience it from the players perspective.

So my next proposal for you is: Get some devs into faction warfare (FW) learn yourself that it is almost impossible to not get pirate if you take your FW-task seriously. Which in my opinion is a concept flaw.

3 Likes