Devs should consider launching T3 destroyers and T3 cruisers for pirate factions

BCs should be next inline for more hulls.

Currently has far less hull types than any other subcap class.

To the detriment of virtually every other hull in the game. They’re a LOT better than they were on account of their last major balance pass, but they’re still OP.

1 Like

It will be a great thing if BCs and BBs have more variety and choices. A T2 Abbadon, for instance, can revitalize the fabled ship and give it a new life.

My main concern is that if CCP launches new BCs and new BBs and make them as “balanced” as the T3 cruisers when first launched, then we will all experience a tough time to adjust.

1 Like

There are already more BB hulls than BC.
Remember the Pirate/SoE BBs.

Rationally, BCs should be the next class with more hull options.

1 Like

Rationally, they need to fill a role with these new hulls. What could they fill without invalidating other hulls?

Battleships have more flexibility because they’re the biggest subcap. There’s no upper-bound (short of capitals and balance) on their capabilities. The battlecruiser’s performance must fit somewhere between cruiser and battleship (specific metrics varying of course).

They do.

They just lack options.

I dont think a T3 BC is a good idea at this time, but Pirate/SOE BCs are distinctly missing, whereas numerous Pirate/SoE Frigate/Cruiser/BB and even cap options exist.

1 Like

Based on the past, I’m concerned that if CCP were to launch T3 BCs, they could be so OP that they will invalidate basically everything, from pirate faction ships, existing T3Ds and T3Cs, to everything else.

1 Like

In anycase, BCs should be next inline for more ships.

You want to make T3 cruisers brokenly overpowered again after they FINALLY got the damn nerf they have needed? (Well loki still needs another hard nerf.) How about no. T3 was a stupid idea by CCP in the first place, they broke the game for years.

Now other classes of pirate ships I’m all for, we still need pirate battlecruisers.

Gonna have to disagree with you, T3 Cruisers is what a lot of players wanted, a ship that can be customized and fit in a variety of ways, something different from the rest of the ‘cookie cutter’ ships currently in-game.

And NO, the Loki doesn’t need another nerf, CCP needs to move forward and focus their attention on other ships now.

2 Likes

Noone had an issue with the customization aspect of T3 cruisers, the issue was that they obsoleted ““EVERYTHING”” sub-capital when they were added. Post nerfbat, they are reasonably balanced (still slightly too strong compared to where CCP said they should fit on the balance scale.) with exception to the loki, it still needs another hard swing of the nerfbat. Once the loki is nerfed down to the other T3’s, I will no longer have any real issues with the balance of T3s. (And just because your a loki pilot doesn’t mean your ship gets to stay overpowered.)

I would also complain the T3 dessies obsoleted assault ships, but that’s being addressed as we speak. (And I’m loving the new assault ships for pvp.)

It makes no business sense to offer new things underpowered, where most players end up not experiencing something that cost so much to develop. Meanwhile, it breaks the game and grieves seasoned players to offer them overpowered.

I think T3Ds and T3Cs are in a sweet spot currently, where CCP has found out how to attract and interest the players with customizable features, rather than OPness like when they launched Mordu ships.

1 Like

No real argument, I still say the loki is a bit too OP. (Which even CCP agrees with when they talked about it at vegas.) But I feel all the rest of T3 stuff is pretty much in working order now. If I could change any of the T3 stuff aside from the loki, it would mostly just be minor tweaks.

1 Like

The T3Cs will never be entirely equal.
Different ships for different roles.

What exactly do you find OP on the Loki?

1 Like

Back when T3 Cruisers were first introduced into the game, the Tengu was OP and remained like that for a lot of years. Now it’s time for a different T3 Cruiser to take over that role and yes, I fly Loki.

:wink:

1 Like

No …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.