Diana's Discussion Thread

:weary:

4 Likes

Yes, I’m aware of this. The CEWPA war is essentially a result of the Noir incident and the reclamation of Caldari Prime, hence why I consider the State war aims relevant. Why the State signed the CEWPA Accord remains a mystery to me, though. So far as the State was concerned, we’d won; why authorize further conflict?

As to the rest, right.

3 Likes

I can make only assumption based on my own behavior: pride.
If I were an Admiral and enemy approached me, saying they want to invade our new region, I’d say them: “Oh, to hell with it, I’ll take TWO OF YOURS for that!”

We still have the best Navy in the whole cluster, and no way we should allow such lowly scum from Federation to bully us. How dare they threaten the State and put their greedy hedonistic hands on the region WE have explored and colonized?! Return fire and make it harder, show them their place and send them back in coffins.

That’s our way.

Hm. Perhaps the way for some, but certainly not all.

I might be a bit too Practical for that sort of mindset, despite my Liberal philosophies. It makes no sense from a utilitarian perspective to authorize a war unless you have offensive aims, such as the annexation of Placid.

In any case, it remains a limited war.

3 Likes

It’s funny. You have no problems insulting other people. But as soon as you are the target your ego folds. So ironic.

4 Likes

Are you here just for trolling and making false incorrect conclusions about people again?
That was too predictable.

It is in Caldari spirit to value honor above everything else. It is as true for a trader as it is true for a soldier. There is no business without trust, and no trust without honor. Patriots venerate it. Practicals use it. Liberals respect it.

Caldari have different mindsets, but there are also things that unite us, that make us different from others and make us better than others. How can you speak about different Caldari mindsets if you don’t understand the basis of our life?

It may seem as limited for an unobservant eye because of all CONCORD limitatios imposed on capsule pilots. But for baseline troops there are no such limitations. They just prefer to stick to capsuleers. Some people say that capsuleers bring only death to baseliners - but that’s not true. We can also protect them. We can save their ships from being buthchered by enemy capsuleers, and our ships require less crewmembers to fly.

And still, capsuleers are just a minority, even in CEWPA conflict, which some people foolishly assume is “capsuleer only” conflict. Have you ever tried to estimate how many non-capsuleer ships die daily in the War? Lets even forget for a moment fleet engagements and so-called “missions”, just consider how many ships capsuleers butcher daily when they capture enemy installations. Have you seen what rescue ships bring back to stations from these wrecks?

And even for capsuleers, what are the limitations? The War only gives us more possibilities compared to eggers who don’t fight. The systems we “only” can attack? Consider it an order to “attack only this subset of systems, defend these.”

That there is really no limit about what you can do you can see with Gallente actions: they have invaded our Homeland and even managed to down our titan on our Home planet. They started planetary invasion before that - and all this in violation of the treaty they signed.

What limits have left?

The most predictable thing is still you dodging my points and calling it trolling and/or false. It’s not like we have ever seen that before, right?

3 Likes

Next time try to bring a real point and not another half-witted insult. Or try to surprise me and post something valuable for a change.

1 Like

State actors have no limits. We have limits.

Something like this:

If you want utterly complete absolute total war, you should first destroy CONCORD, the act as you wish.

In the meantime, accept that our role is a limited and determined one, pawns of the big political players that are all in bed with one another in one way or the other.

2 Likes

By the spirits. Do you not realise how ironic your words are? I do bring real points and even something to back them up yet you proceed to ignore them and instead get upset about other things. Considering how much you criticise other people it is pathetic how poorly you deal with criticism yourself. You call out miss Varren for being bad at Napanii and military tactics yet you bring absolutely nothing to back it up.

3 Likes

The Caldari are very patriotic , what Makoto says is true and goes for all nations. The State is made up of Mega corporations which then can be split into blocs , Patriots , Liberals , Practicals, biggest most powerful bloc being the Patriots. That is not to say the other blocs are not patriotic.

As well as being patriotic in nature the Caldari have very xenophobic tendencies. An example of which would be the Waschi Uprising , which took place on the planet of Kamokor IV.

1 Like

The horrors of war exist whether that war is limited or total. War is, as you well know, a terrible blight when it isn’t brought to a swift and effective conclusion.

Still, for all your imagery, it stands: the CEWPA war is limited to a specific theater. The navies, for all their losses, do not move to capture territory without Capsuleer offensives underway. We will not hear of Rakapas falling to the Caldari Navy, absent a major push by militia organizations. We will not hear of the Caldari Navy attempting to push from Perimeter to take Iyen-Oursta. The battle for Caldari Prime that you cite is a singular and momentous event, and its like we had not seen since the beginning of the CEWPA war, and we are not likely to see it again.

And at the same time, the State maintains open borders and trade with both the Federation and the Republic.

Yes, this is a limited war.

As you should well know from your SWA days, ‘total war’ is a thing often touted, but rarely seen in reality. In reality, all warfare exists along a spectrum, and the CEWPA war structure is specifically formulated to provide for limited war, tightly confined.

3 Likes

With respect Strike Commander, if the State was completely in a state of total war, wouldn’t I have been shot on sight when I approached the State Protectorate’s recruitment office, me being the leader of a traditionally Matari aligned pmc? Maybe the fact we have positive standings due to largely avoiding conflict with the Caldari as well as State Protectorate alum within our ranks played a part but I imagine I would still be regarded as a threat by and large.

Maybe its just an issue of the conflict being far enough on this spectrum thats being spoken of that its bordering on total war? I’m not offering my opinion on this one, I’m just seeking some clarification.

2 Likes

That we don’t see it doesn’t mean it can’t happen. Logically putting, attack on Iyen-Oursta will have little effect on the Federation considering resources required for this attack. It would be done mostly by Navy forces with little involvement of capsuleer, and as we all know, human casualties will be times greater in Navy ships compared to Capsuleer. That won’t even draw capsuleers away from our oppressed by gallente occupants systems.

The limitations are only of capsule interface, imposed by CONCORD. And Navies use capsuleers to save resources and human lives. All these limitations are just perceived.

The only thing that is really limited is our resources.

1 Like

No?
We aren’t tribals to shoot people who come to help. We would shoot you if you approached the office wearing full combat Minmatar uniform with guns drawn and screaming “CHARGE!!”

When people from different side come to our aid, it just means that our cause is more just than theirs, and we should meet these people with support, not poking them with gun barrels.

2 Likes

Nor do we, but I’d imagine being welcome with open arms wouldn’t be their first priority. For all I know were being constantly watched and evaluated for ill intent. If I came with bad intentions that would be something more than a passing thought. To be honest we probably should be, I would expect nothing less from any organized military. I also would expect it to be much more obvious.

Well done State Protectorate, well done.

3 Likes

Patriotism is a difficult concept, because it tends to get conflated with the Patriot political bloc - but it’s an oversimplification to suggest that all Patriots are Patriotic, or that no Liberals or Practicals are Patriotic.

Like any society with a strong collectivist streak, I suspect that the Caldari as a race are more patriotic on average than more pluralistic societies. It is definitely true that the Caldari mindset is more susceptible to the concept of ingroups and outgroups.

6 Likes

Patriotism is a love for ones nation and ones home world. The people do have great love for their State and home world and are very protective of them. I would say most Caldari regardless of what bloc they belong would more than likely be Patriots.

For me being a Caldari is being a Patriot it just flows like the natural order of all things , like night follows a day.

2 Likes

When we first saw the flock, we were surrounded, caught in a spectacle of stimuli. Brilliant colors, dancing lights, beautiful cacophonies, wafting ambrosia. Those birds surrounded us, each one a different shape, an altered species, a new wonder. I tried to follow a single bird, but my efforts were futile: Transformation is natural to their existence. Imagine it: an undulating mass, a changing mob, all those beasts partaking in wonderful transmogrification.

These were our augurs, our deliverers, our saviors. Standing amidst the flock, we should have feared their glory; instead, we drew hope. This moment is the first time I understood what it meant to be Caldari: Divinity in the flock, delivery in flux, one being, many changes.

• Janto Sitarbe, The Legendary Flock
3 Likes