Did population increase after black out ended?

Wrong information and fear mongering. They only get notified if you initiate warp or use gate/w-hole when already on grid. Yes, it can detect cloaky thing warping off/within you grid and help automate intel gathering on gates (they knew exactly whether you bumped gate and cloaked or actually jumped), but nothing THAT op. Although who knows what else there was to abuse…

2 Likes

I’m keen evaluate the longevity of eve as it effects my motivation for long term goals.
And yes BDO is not eve but for me close enough that it will have an effect on my opinions, after all
they are both MMO, they are both sandbox, they are now both owned by same people.

The launcher player count is hardly useless data either as its normally a good indicator as to when your more likely to get blobbed or its safer to isk make etc.

1 Like

well it’s around since 2003, so longevity is a feature of EVE. do you believe BD will last 16 + years? i bet it doesn’t effect if you play BD or not.

EVE servers do not work like that, there’s 7000 systems in EVE and i think over 2500 WH systems, that’s a lot places people might be. you’d be better checking dotlan maps for different systems for stats and activity as a good indicator to when you’re more likely to get an engagement.

don’t be too risk-averse, it will stagnate your game play, always take with a pinch of salt those with tales of Don’t go there, it’s very very dangerous. a lot of the time those players have never been outside of high sec or worse the constellation they spawned in or have no experience in the advise they are giving.

“EVE servers do not work like that, there’s 7000 systems in EVE and i think over 2500 WH”

Yes exactly, When eve was on the way up there were no wormhole systems or Drone regions or even Triglaivain instances. IMO this means the cut off point for finding content at a low population is much lower than on the way up.

“BD will last 16 + years? i bet it doesn’t effect if you play BD or not.”
Its not that population of eve effect whether i play or not it effects what i do and how much.

“don’t be too risk-averse, it will stagnate your game play, always take with a pinch of salt those with tales of Don’t go there, it’s very very dangerous”

I feel this came from a good place but it made LOL so thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

well sweet :slight_smile: nothing like given someone a lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is one of the things ccp doesn’t seem to know about. This is a constant rebalancing of the game, experiments are devilishly bad - players do not like it and it does not depend on the game, but in general. Any change to the rules of the game undermines credibility and discourages, unless it is a good change that players are waiting for.

and by the way? CCP Why you change model of absolution? it was most epic ship of the game. You changed it long time ago… but why? it was ■■■■ change for me. it is example :wink:

1 Like

“and by the way? CCP Why you change model of absolution? it was most epic ship of the game. You changed it long time ago… but why? it was ■■■■ change for me. it is example”

I miss the sleipnir being a cyclone, but then I’m weird i prefer the old scorpion model to the new one :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s not true. All long term game is changing, especially EVE needs changing all the time because it’s single shard and not story driven, but a sandbox that can’t be constant or it would have been ended and deserted a long time ago.
Other point is what if the players don’t want to stick to the principles of the game and want it to be an other game that is was before.

1 Like

Having now experienced an NPC/sov null without local I will throw my hat in and state that I believe whole heartedly the game is broken with local functioning in null. For large alliances you have at least 3 ingame chat channels to share intel by default, then player operated channels, then discord and VOIP.

They do not need local feeding them free intel.

4 Likes

Not sure, but you know what did increase…

The number of players in NPC Null Sec who immediately docked up and hid as soon as I entered the system.

Haven’t seen this in months but I guess we’re back to it. Time to AFK cloak again…how exciting.

1 Like

AFK cloaking is the only way to partially counter local. Unfortunately for some system it can take weeks of AFK cloaking to get a result. I have also tried it in conjunction with keeping combat probes out all day long to get them used to seeing me in local and the probes out lol.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I end up doing, afk cloak and let my combat probes sit…and man, it does take forever.

You’d think they’d get bored sitting in station the same way I get bored waiting for them to come out, but yeah, not that’s not the case. Too scared of losing that isk…

Pretending plex is still 1 -1 with subs?

CCP makes their money selling plex for cash.

People use plex for all sorts of things, got skill extractors?

CCP makes the same money whether null bears buy plex with isk or not.

Sames, I haven’t flown any CS since those changes, also because the prices are so ramped up now to sell PLEX, remember when a Claymore was 100 mil?

Really? :expressionless:

You don’t say?!

Well, as long as you’re certain, I’m sure that must be the case.

What it comes down to is, people who buy Plex on the Market could be replaced by an algorithm but players who pay cash cannot be so easily replaced.

Plex costs so much on market because the number of cash purchasers has dropped and will now drop further.

I was extremely lucky not to subscribe for another 12

1 Like

How do you manage to die to a blob when everything docks?

Probably overstays his welcome when the ratting fits all dock up and then reship to something more appropriate… given that PvE fits are horrendous at PvP.

Its not that he can’t get content. He’s just complaining he can’t get that free content that can’t fight back and doesn’t play the helldunk or blueball like the entire game is balanced around isk and risk wise. Friends OP plz nerf!

1 Like

I’m sorry your effortless gank playstyle has been nerfed. Clearly, the game is poorer for it.