Differences in loot

So I feel like at one point there were definite differences in loot, but coming back to EVE after years away I feel like the lines have really blurred. Of course, Blood Raiders will drop loot totally different from say guristas. But what I’m specifically talking about are differences between what similar factions drop.

Has anyone noticed any real difference between the loot dropped from guristas and mordu’s legion mission rats. IMO, I feel that the mordu’s rat have a higher probability of dropping higher metalevel items, at the cost of smaller bounties on average per ship. However, besides maybe that I feel the loot is extremely similar.

I also imagine that there is some kind of difference between the salvage you can get from each faction, but I haven’t been able to find a resource on this.

I guess what I’m asking here is have you noticed very similar loot drops from different factions, and what are your thoughts on it? Personally, I think that the loot should be more diversified, cause it really kills the uniqueness of some of these really cool factions when you can get the same stuff out of a guristas ship than you could a mordu ship.

I suppose you could make the argument that caldari, guristas, and mordu all have the same background in the Caldari miliary, but I think we all can agree that the ships are very different besides being shield tanked, and a trend of using missiles (guristas don’t have bonuses towards them, but are often fitted with them), so shouldn’t there be more diversity in their loot beyond that.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

ya they do
Also, there’s plenty of diversification in the faction drops.

The main problem is either they’re all the same, i.e they got tiericided, or they’re different, in which case nobody would use the worse ones.

1 Like

This salvage chart is incomplete, but it’s the best I could find.

Different faction do drop different loot. Like one type might drop a bunch of armor tanking mods, while another drops shield tanking. Don’t have any charts for you though.

1 Like

Yeah I know the faction stuff is different, but I haven’t had a faction drop in a mission for years so I’m not counting it. I do agree with the tiericide stuff, tho.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.