Disconnects?

Getting Disconnects every 2 to 15 mins since dt today
Getting unplayable and friggin annoying, Australia here

Lost Chat Server 30 mins ago and now it seems to be on strike !|
No Local … no channels … just a continual pop up :
Could not connect to chat server at tranquility.chat.eveonline.com:5222.Please ensure that this port isn’t blocked.Retry?

Yes, very annoying, once in 2006 (I got my lost ship back, tyv CCP) and once in 2018.

Yes - I was running a t5 using 3 ships and all clients lost connection.

CCP’s robot response was to say no server errors were found. Funny that it doesn’t take a genius to see, on Eve-Offline, several thousand were disconnected at simultaneously. The Customer Service from this game is shocking - the copy paste job is terrible.

" I’ve reviewed the server logs surrounding the loss of your ships. Unfortunately the losses were not the result of a server-side error or a verified bug and are therefore not eligible for reimbursement according to our reimbursement policy.

Our reimbursement policy is very strict and we can only offer reimbursement when the loss occurs due to a server-side error or a verified bug. I hope that you will understand my position and why I am unable to grant these reimbursements. I also hope that you will recover swiftly from these losses.

EVE Online Reimbursement Policy

I regret that I cannot be of more direct assistance in this case but should you run into any other issues that we are able to assist with, please do not hesitate in getting back to us."
#RobotResponse #PoorCustomerService

I am also getting frequent disconnects. Switched ISP, and still having the issue. Makes me inclined to not play the game if it continues.

I randomly loose connection on one EVE client. I checked my firewall and found something weird on my end:

e1000e: green0 NIC Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx/Tx
e1000e 0000:00:1f.6 green0: Reset adapter unexpectedly
PCI Status <10>
PHY Extended Status <3000>
PHY 1000BASE-T Status <3c00>
PHY Status <796d>
MAC Status <40080083>
next_to_watch.status <0>
jiffies <103332100>
next_to_watch <5f>
time_stamp <103331c08>
buffer_info[next_to_clean]:
next_to_clean <5c>
next_to_use <74>
TDT <74>
TDH <5f>
e1000e 0000:00:1f.6 green0: Detected Hardware Unit Hang:
PCI Status <10>
PHY Extended Status <3000>
PHY 1000BASE-T Status <3c00>
PHY Status <796d>
MAC Status <40080083>
next_to_watch.status <0>
jiffies <103331ec0>
next_to_watch <5f>
time_stamp <103331c08>
buffer_info[next_to_clean]:
next_to_clean <5c>
next_to_use <74>
TDT <74>
TDH <5f>
e1000e 0000:00:1f.6 green0: Detected Hardware Unit Hang:

It appears on the reset of the card (at least) one connection is disconnected and I can reconnect just fine seconds later. In my case luckely it is an issue with the Intel card (e1000) I am swapping it this weekend with a different brand to see if the other (which uses a different driver and also has different I/O adresses ) will give more stability.

I started running EVE on a VPN with noticeable improvement

1 Like

I am getting these disconnects as well, returning player from about 4 years ago, inclined to cancel my omega subscription again, allthough i am having fun, getting these disconnects makes me not want to engage in any sort of pvp activity

I’m often on with multiple characters for many hours in a day, and the only time I’ve seen a disconnect was during a power-cut - otherwise it’s amazingly stable. If you want to leave because your connection/equipment isn’t up to the job, fair enough - but don’t blame CCP for your own local problems.

2 Likes

No, CCP deserves some degree of the blame. This is an issue of game design and software engineering. Problematically, EVE is extremely sensitive to packet loss, and many modern ISPs are incapable of delivering data with the timely precision required by CCP. Fortunately, VPNs do resolve the issue. Where I would specifically blame CCP is in their failure to acknowledge this issue, which would give them the opportunity to inform people of a means to resolve the issue. I can’t even imagine how many people have wasted hours and hours on their phone with tech support, when CCP could just openly discuss the issue.

I currently have a ticket open with customer support, following the guidelines they gave me, they wrote some sort of script collecting data via tracert and ping requests to find the issue.

I have provided them with the info and i am currently waiting for further instructions to resolve them, hopefully something will work.

Meanwhile i will try to find options in Windows 10 that can be problematic (power settings for the Network card, switching the DNS, etc.), however, i probably wont switch to using VPN since that would be additional cost for a game i am allready spending 15 bucks a month for…

If these problems wont be resolved by this i will sadly have to stop playing eve, being disconnected every 15 minutes or similar (basically it’s completely random) is really not good for a game with such high odds like EVE has…

I love this game, but this is really a dealbreaker

So, the customer support was not able to help me, but i have resolved the issue myself, the trick was to disable the dynamic speed setting for my network card, it seems the disconnects were connected with this.

What fixed it for me was to go to my network adapter settings -> Properties -> Configure -> Advanced and putting the “Speed & Duplex” Setting to “100 Mbit/s Full Duplex” instead of the default dynamic setting

what seems to have been the problem was the network card switching between the 10Mbit and 100 Mbit setting, causing disconnects.

1 Like

…but then…

So, absolutely nothing to do with CCP, as I said…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.