Discussion about Moderation

A tribute to former ISD Ezwal.

I think that “forum moderation” is seriously lacking. Just need to look around, there is plenty of evidence for this to be found. The term “salvoshed” ™ even grew out of this lack of moderation.

There are too many threads where people are the absolutely opposite of moderate. Many people act like threads belong to them. Greedy people, wanting it all for themselves, literally hugging all attention, including jumping on every comment as if the thread belonged to them.

I think that we all should be way more moderate with our posting.

Maybe we should ask CCP to include a posting timer, for people who are caught up in their emotions without realizing? Sure, these can be gamed using alts, but then these people would just get reported endlessly for breaking the rules, which would have quite the benefit of getting rid of all those people who break the new rule of forum moderation.

What do you other people think? Should we all be more moderate and have a mechanic which forces the mindless people into proper behaviour?

(Ha, fooled ya, ISDs : - ) … Ezwal would have liked this one)

8 Likes

Forum Feedback and Requests: https://forums.eveonline.com/c/technology-research/feedback

2 Likes

Did not know this exists, but as GD is the number one victim of the mindless, emotionally pent up online living people, I believe that it is the right place to discuss moderation.

: - )

6 Likes

That’s indeed a problem. Funny that you raise this issue. :thinking: I can think of many people who wouldn’t like that because their sperging would be severely limited by this. Poor Quake, Keno or Dom.

3 Likes

There is a timer of sorts, actually. If you post too many comments within 5 minutes you get a temporary “break”. Insofar as “moderation” is concerned, I actually think that we could do with a bit less.

2 Likes

I suppose I could write a application to ISD, seeing how I’m spending so much time on the forums anyway…
But meh, EVE’s dead anyway. Why bother.

3 Likes

Can not agree with you on Quake or Keno, have not seen them doing this …
… but Dom and not to forget Salvos and Dracvlad … oh boy, absolutely.

3 Likes

I am not sure why you bring this up. We are not talking about ISDs here, we are talking about how to behave properly, here on the forums. You know, moderation. This has nothing to do with what the ISDs do.

And yes, actually, you should.

2 Likes

Moderation is the job of ISDs and Falcon. What you’re hinting at is self-moderation, which isn’t quite the same thing, and I wish you the best of luck trying to teach that to those that should exercise it. I think I’ll have more success teaching a monkey how to write poems.

2 Likes

*sighs*

2 Likes

Amusing thread.

Thanks for justifying to me how badly I’m wrecking your agendas by simply speaking the truth.

Nice effort to troll me and lie about me to get me removed.

I’m a little hurt you didnt invite me by name here.
I had to accidentally wander in here off the GD list.

PS: Inb4 lock.

1 Like

I think perhaps the title should have been “Discussion about Self Moderation”

Apparently there is a spam detection plugin for discourse.

1 Like

You are not Dinsdale. There is no conspiracy working against you, neither an open nor a closed one. The enemy you are seeing there does not actually exist. Sheesh…

If I wanted to get you removed, I would just do it the same way as last time, Salvos. : - )

Anyhow, sorry for not tagging you. : p

Sure, but that would have not acted as bait for ISDs, right? : - )

Also, spam is relative. What Salvos, Dom, Dracvlad, Teckos (have not seen him for a while) are doing is technically not spamming, yet is it pretty disruptive.

2 Likes

Discussion of Moderation is specifically restricted/prohibited.
Note thread title “Discussion about Moderation”, and content in OP:

1 Like

Can someone please explain him what this thread is about …
… because he will not listen to me anyway …
… and he is stuck in this weird mode again.

Salvos … you basically prove my point about what I have written about you. Yet … again!

6 Likes

Spamming this over and over again will not do you any good, Salvos. : - )

4 Likes

Stop discussing it then.

Reported.

9 Likes

I have not discussed moderation.
OP has.
I just posted the rules.

Discussion about Moderation - #15 by Salvos_Rhoska

Look at title of thread, and content in OP, and tell me that isn’t “Discussion of Moderation”, as specifically restricted/prohibited by the rule shown in the link above.

1 Like

What is Salvoshed? If its anything like a swirly. I don’t want it.

Not so wild random appears:

That’s an impressive amount of clicks for likes.

2 Likes