Discussion Of The Implications Of Niarja's Invasion

Ah yes, the common refrain, “won’t someone think of the newbros.” 9 times out of 10, this is just a way to deflect accusations of being a forum whiner.

Anyway, I personally find this to be an annoying and inconvenient turn of events. However, I didn’t log on and do anything to help the edencom forces in spite of the niarja invasion being plastered all over the Eve news. Thus, I have zero right to complain.

1 Like

Hail and Farewell
Well my three Omega accounts bid you a fond farewell. I work for a living and simply cannot commit to null security life style. Frankly I don t want the drama. I have been working OVERTIME for the last three weeks and finally got the ability to log on!! I was more than happy to spend 40 bucks a month to mine my little dumbass ore, I finally get a week off work and guess what! Bend over! I can’t do my missions and run crap to JITA! Sometime I got axed but I accepted the risk. Now we are basically forced to abandon the high security lifestyle. This destruction of high security trade has been a wet dream of the null security alliances for the last 10 years! I cannot help but believe this was the work of the CSM who HOW conveniently loaded with all NULL SECURITY players. Even if it is not true it s my perception of my reality! In that Reality I control my real life cash!!! Are you listening CCP??? Guess who is not getting any more cash till this game changing event changes. (New High Security route to Jita!) I congratulate the group that managed to pull off this achievement! But how foolish of CCP to pick Niajra be on the list!

7 Likes

Sell in Amarr?

1 Like

Miner, calm down.

4 Likes

You work overtime? Decent job? It has to be, since non-decent jobs don’t offer overtime these days. Unless you tell me that you wash dishes or something, why would you not sell PLEX for ISK? What could possibly possess you to spend the little personal time you have grinding out the equivalent of probably 1% of your real-life salary?

Why would you make such a terrible decision? Will you honestly tell us that with the amount of real-life work you’re putting in, you consider EVE mining to be a reward?

3 Likes

Lol I’m sorry but I lost it at this.

I mean they literally have to contest with your imagination, apparently. They never really had a chance.

1 Like

Things are simple. CCP just wana eliminate all high sec players. Niarja invasion is just beginning.

If CCP truly wanted to do something like that, there are far simpler ways of doing that, like just changing the security status of all systems at once.

But that would be without fanfare and activity, without many ships destroyed, a lot of players would blame CCP directly, while now they blame other players.

Facing players against other players CCP can generate the demand for skillpoints, as in competition.

There is this offer of 1,5M SP for $39 always in launcher now. SP directly from CCP. For cash.
Where is outrage? Redirected.

Create demand, provide supply.

2 Likes

Then why is menial farming necessary to produce the tools of warfare and build empires? Why don’t they just give away fitted combat ships, citadels, and ammo on the daily rewards? Or better yet, only make them purchasable with PLEX?

1 Like

Over an hour. Longer in a freighter. And that’s with clicking Jump on each gate. It’s even longer on autopilot. Have you ever piloted a freighter? They don’t warp fast.

4 Likes

We’ve been asking them to do this for years.

I think many 0.0 players don’t understand gate-to-gate travel. They cyno into a battle, or use a jump bridge to get within a couple of jumps of the action. None of these things are available in high sec.

What would really help to de-Jita the high sec market is the ability to use industrial cynos in high sec.

4 Likes

But… this is a p2w game’s website forum.

3 Likes

You can Always go play EvE Echoes man, that sounds like it might be upto speed for you with all your overtime.

I spent a lot of time dipping ducking and diving in Niarja to try and clear out conduits, and I’ll be honest. that ■■■■ was nuts. 10/10 would draw wife aggro for 8 hours of EvE with a sexy pile of loot in the station.
It sucks I have to find a way around Niarja, but the game isn’t my life so… <Insert masturbatory noises Here>

2 Likes

We will see? Maybe you are correct.

:red_circle: That is why you can now farm ISK in absolute safety in an instanced PVE area? Good to know.

1 Like

I asked few and the only reason provided was Covid lol. CCP may mistake that Covid spike with their changes, like you. Like many players did mistake some different outside factors with results of patches. We will see what its all about, when Covid is over and people will get back to how they lived before.

And when the amount of suckers willing to pay for SP directly from CCP will dry up, CCP will be left with messed up high sec, a situation they will have to unmess for next couple of years.

7 Likes

I usually like your posts. But this one actually had me in stitches :wink:

Have you tried to clear Triglavian wereposts + Hospidars + Zoriyas gatecamp in a Liminal system?
We tried it on the test server.

You go try it and tell me how it goes :stuck_out_tongue:

Carry on… this whole fiasco is quite entertaining!

2 Likes

I didn’t say anything about clearing the triangles, just the campers.