[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

with my idea i would be trigger some players, but if they need more money they should stay on 15€ and for that, disable the function to buy omega with Plex.

I’ll take cover…

1 Like

That would end their business model of selling PLEX. Never going to happen.

Who will buy the PLEX in the game to give the RMT PLEX sellers ISK?

but you can buy plexes for skins, and onther things in eden store.

That would dry up a lot of buyers of PLEX in the game, end result, sellers have less liquidity to sell into to get their bought ISK (indirectly).

Skins are finite and once you have them all there’s no more until CCP create more, same with items.

That also means CCP would have to sell more ship packs to compensate.

that would be a idea too.
But in the history, bevor still exist Plex have worked too…

A topic that has certainly been raised a lot - from a moderation standpoint it’s totally fine to discuss here, but I think you may get more eyes on a standalone thread to discuss the issue of ganking.

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/udfocj/762_pochven_multiboxer_banned_again/ obbligatory ccp can’t ban exploiter :confused:

Multi-boxing, hardly what I call playing a fair game. Imagine that in real sports.

Encouraging it is the worst thing CCP done imo.

4 Likes

I can’t speak for the rest , but i got an alt back then because of a promo called “The power of two” , yup , it was a CCP promo to get an alt at an discounted price.

Just fyi EVE Online

Maybe players are too young to remember that by now.

Thereby instead of blaming or trying to push the blame onto “why have alts” , how about CCP promoted said alt play , even provided marketing incentive , players simply bought into it , and now its the players fault ? As a reminder , Lehman Brothers was a thing.

1 Like

Power of 2, I see players with double digit accounts. It’s beyond obsessive.

So 2 is not obsessive , 3 ? 4 ? how many and how do you define it then ? simply out of curiosity.

If the purpose is just to have fun and play, one is enough. More than one pushes into digital gluttony, more double digits is obsessive sinful digital gluttony.

Imagine 10 accounts multi-boxing walking in stations. Laughable.

That means you are telling me CCP encouraged and promoted digital gluttony ?
But that somehow is the paying customers’ fault ?

It’s both’s fault.

CCP cries about losing accounts, multi-boxers complain price too high.

I have no sympathy for either camps.

The game used to be balanced around multiboxing, for industry that is.

I, myself, used to have 4 accounts, because you have to when you want to get bigger in industry, thanks to training time and limited build queue and to simply mine more stuff. And 4 is very much on the lower end for that kind of stuff. You can have fun with a single account but you cannot get to industry level, which is where my fun resided. You need alts to haul your stuff, since the main one is wardecced 24/7, you need an alt to light a cyno if you want to get into jump freighters. You need characters to mine ■■■■ and another to boost all those barges.

But they trashed all industry related things so i suppose it’s just one more thing to push industrials away from the game, enjoy your overpriced ships and lack of easy targets, gankers.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine. I have two omega’s and I’m thinking that is a waste.

1 Like

I had 3. Now they’re all a waste.

2 Likes

Removing PLEX-for-Omega option would at least make the multi-boxers pay fairly, rather than now where they mess with the PLEX and isk markets for the rest of us to feed their 10+ Omega accounts… and reducing price back down to EUR 10 might then be possible, mitigating the uproar. But with the current options available to Alpha, I think multi-boxers will just move to more Drakes or similar.

Keeping alpha, but only for flying T1 frigates and destroyers and using T1 equipment, would make entry to the game still being free and easy, like a good demo lasting forever. And allow some limited cozy nostalgic play for those of us who play Omega on-off with months between; I do not need my Nightmare all the time, sometimes any kind of lasers will do :grin:

Sure there will be multi-boxers in T1-equipped T1 destroyers then, but that to me counts as content for the those of us with paid Omega to hunt with fun for all; no amount of T1-only destroyers or frigates can survive a well-built T2 battleship - as opposed to invincible 10+ Rattlesnake fleets run by a single puppet master (same link as in previous post): 7.62 Pochven multiboxer banned again : Eve (reddit.com)

1 Like

I had for many years just one.

i think 2012-2016 and i was just in small corps (30-70 ppl with an average of 15-20 online at the same time).
But 15 Real ppl, not 3 with 5 alts each.
Was really nice imo.
Sure a few had a Orca alt or something to support the miners or maybe a hauling alt.
but that was the minority.
At least inside the corps i was in that time.

And it was fun for me, couse you had to work together… building ships together, support each other, bounding and make friends…

Till than i never thought its a thing… couse i couldnt belive ppl will pay so much just to play a game… instead of working together.

But things have changed… later i experianced corps where more than 50% just are alts. or even more.

In a MMO which i thought is supposed to be a game with many players… not half or even 75% only beeing alts.

Heared (dont know if its true) there are even allys for just alts. each corp inside is 1 player with 20-50 alts. well… gg if that true.

but well… whatever floats your boat i guess.

now i had 3 alts at top… but will reduce it down to my main.
cant see the point anymore just to pay for filling the gaps.

2 Likes

That punishes the single account/char unique player who plays with PLEX to go Omega.

Not everybody manages to go Omega every month, but when they can they use PLEX.

Not everybody is a pure ISK farmer, some play for fun and use PLEX now and then to Omega.

That does not fix the problem of digital gluttony of multi-accounting.

1 Like