[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

Quit Elite Dangeorus when I realised that I would have to smuggle passengers for 100 hours to get a carrier. That is 100 hours of my life wasted., when I could be doing something much more enjoyable like ganking defenseless miners in EVE.

2 Likes

Battlestation midway
Endwar

so much nostalgia

Why do you ask for discussion when no amount of it will ever rollback the price hike?

Is it for a laugh? To put all of our vitriol in the same place and forget about it?

I wish I still got them. I miss those things. :frowning:

1 Like

Got the shakes after some idiot almost killed me on the road. . Should have brought some friends along. Screaming with friends is better for sure.

So, you didnā€™t get ganked? Nice driving!

Yeah, I avoided the gank. Where is Githany the Red when you need her?

EVE Online++
Amazon Prime++
Netflix++
Electricity++
Food++
Rent++
ā€¦
All things increase in price expect my paycheck.

Hell, i canā€™t afford the things as it used to be.
Some things have to be lowered or rest completely until the world gets into a sane state again.

1 Like

Ah the eternal ā€œadviseā€ the well off give the poor

1 Like

From my side it was advice to CCP to either introduce affordable omega time and receive money from all customers or to not receive money from those that have to cut back on luxury items that are not required for basic living.

Also playing into this topic and missing is a saving opportunity for multiboxers. If having multiple accounts has such a steep increase in price, people from marketing should have thought beforehand what will likely happen if there are no discounts:
If one got used to a certain play style one will not cut back to a single account or whatever is affordable, one will stop playing eve altogether.

At least that is my feeling on this.

With these prices, for a pretty ā€œmehā€ boring game it is just not worth it. There are so many other titles out there that can bring you a bigger endorphine hit.

And for the social aspect, friends etc. why pay so much when you can just hang out in discord or mumble for free.

5 Likes

The PLEX price is at 4.2m per PLEX rn. Live even the OZ said it should stagnate around 3.8 and he is a Market person so where will this go? :open_mouth:

1 Like

78 days past PLEX Price increase.

• TQ activity 36H average now 17K down from 20K last May
  • YT Long term major content creators like Bjorn Bee, Ashterothi, JinTaan and OA seem very quite on EvE
  • Delonewolf was nearly daily posting EvE Talks is posting less frequently.
  • CCP YT Channel quiet for 4 mos
  • EvE Online Channel home of Pulse, Scope, Trailers and Events quiet for 1 month
  • Mittani the most notorius character in EvE has Retired
  • I see a growing number of EvE Alpha YT channels showing how to capitalize on FTP
  • Twitch EvE Live feeds seeing fewer live views

Any one, two or three of these are easily attributable to mere passage of time. People and groups grow, age and move on to other things. Collectively and simultaneously these occurrences tell a larger story of decreased interest.

Rorqual Hot Drop had me excited about more new content. The price increase had me hopeful of a major Fan Fest Content or tech reveal. FF came and went with one substantive content reveal, FW. However, the full realization was announced as years in the making. We saw extensive environmental, station and ship art reveals all looking wonderful but were not actual content. We also saw EvE would be returning to Story Arcs which seemed like code for events like foundation day happening now paired with new Packs for sale in the EvE store.

Major new content for me was Sansha Incursions, Citadels, Triglavians. Even the PI update was great IMO. Based on activity fall off going back 6 months now it would seem I am not alone.

So, who or what group is going to step in and infuse new life back into New Eden?

2 Likes

Maybe wait till end of summer to see what the player numbers do?

It is the first proper summer after lockdowns that people could actually take a real break. I can see it in my own country, people are on leave with a vengeance. My town went from 2 million people to 12 million.

I cannot even cycle next to the beach there is so many people walking around and tourist who does not understand what a bicycle lane is for.

I expect the numbers to increase a bit again during September.

1 Like

Having no interest in something and that something being not affordable, especially for multiboxers are clearly two topics for me.

I have interest. I want to play.
I am forced not to play my usual playstyle as it is not affordable with the increased prices and the current economy.

So i play on single lonely alpha account until this misery is sorted one way or the otherā€¦

2 Likes

The mighty God Emperor Kane rules the skies but needs help with the pavement lanes it seems.

Have no fear , Mighty Emperor, Zaera Keena is here. Strike fear into their hearts with an AIRHORN

1st: where and what is your proof
2nd: your statements is the kind of toxicity we do not need in this gameā€¦
3rd: I am flagging your post for inflammatory remarks and borderline RL threats.

1 Like

He did tell a child to kill themselves, that IS a fact.

So I do find it easy to believe his alliance willfully covers up criminal acts against minors vOv

If thats not the case CCP should explain whats going on clearly on public.

Edit: what a surprise, someone doesnt like the truth

1 Like

Not an ISD but this thread has lost meaningful debate/discussion a while ago. This should be archived. :slight_smile: