[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

No new content for over 2 years and now a price INcrease? Is CCP trying to kill the game?

1 Like

Nice so if you do 3 months at a time its free now?

0.00 a month?

The point, is the prices are fine if your paying for one account. You all could afford paying a laughing 2-3 accounts and felt that it was mandatory, but wonā€™t replace those accounts with players.

You wonā€™t downscale your operations and activities, because youā€™ve been used to paying with plex while the plex was alot cheaper. (I donā€™t mean You Ramona, but in general) so its alot easier to just do it yourself (in your eyes)

Now the plex is more expensive ingame, and you have to make almost twice the amount of isk inorder to plex you account(s) for no out of game money.
OR
You willingly paid 30$ for two accounts in the past because its what was standard because you wouldnā€™t find players to do X activity that your alt could do faster.

Let me be clear.

If you paid more than 15$+ for this game (ā€œout of neccesityā€) and your now complaining that this game is 20$ because now YOU have to pay 40$ for 2 accounts and its too much when you could have downscaled to one account and saved yourself money, then its you thats greedy and its you thats the hypocrite.

If your complaining about 20$ price tag and your paying for just one account, thats a bit more valid. I may not neccesarily agree, but if being compared to other games I could understand the argument in a way.

EVE has alot of content in it and over the years that content came for free. No one can argue that point. This game has been releasing content for free since the early 2000ā€™s. Theyā€™ve could have been like every other developer and put a price tag on those expansions or content releases. This game not releasing content for two years but making the attempt to clean itself up as a product (or atleast attempt to) is fine. If youā€™ve been with the game since then its hard to see that.

When you are newer however, the amount of content this game has is staggering. And (as it should) would take time to actually achieve all of it, most people have actually not done that in fact.

If your coming back to the game and nothing really new is going onā€¦thats a valid reason not to come back as well. Iā€™m not arguing that if you donā€™t have anything new you want to do in the game why would you come back? Anyone (as its happening now) who isnā€™t getting enjoyment out of the game shouldnā€™t be playing.

20$ trims the amount of multi boxers, also trims the amount of people who want to spend money on multiple accounts for leisure, I already see it with people leaving saying they unsubbed 12x accounts. Thats actually a good pallete cleanser in my opinion. They donā€™t need to be here

If you say so.

Many disagree.

5 Likes

Because you donā€™t agree with there play style?

Your playstyle? Thats not a playstyle.
Playing with one account? Thats not a playstyle either.

Playing a game enough to where it becomes free? Hmm I donā€™t regard that as a playstyle.

Mining? Cool thats a playstyle.
Gas Scooping? Cool? thats a playstyle too!

Having 12 accounts is making the concious choice to optimize your operation as big as possible, and that relyā€™s on the plex being a certain amount otherwise your spending alot more time than you did prior. That isnā€™t a playstyle that is a choice of optimization that you can apply to anything, mining, oplexing, flying capitals, hauling.

You donā€™t need to be there because your fun relies on the plex being low enough to where it makes sense to do the activities you did before to remain profitable and keep your alts inline and because you literally fill the spots of other players and are able to actually overwhelm content (like new event sites) because you have 4 other venture alts and this new player just has one character.

Yea, Iā€™ll die on that hill too. Mutliboxers need to go

Donā€™t get it twisted, that LOSES CCP Money playing with one character makes CCP alot less money than playing with multiple from a surface value perspective atleast.

At the very least, if your multiboxing understand that your playstyle is determined by plex prices and understand that you may either need to upscale or downscale your operations based on that. But crying to CCP like they did something wrong aint it.

1 Like

Was paying for 3 subs, now just one, as you say. A loss for CCP.

well thatā€™s your opinion for what its worth (not much me thinks)

You going to compensate CCP for the lost income?

Even if I would agree that the price for single account is fine, which I donā€™t or that that price increase was justified somehow, which it really wasnā€™t.

Then even then the end result of raising the prices is that lot of players quit. Which then further increases the need to replace those players with alts.

I would understand the price increase if at the same time CCP made changes which would reduce the amount of alts we need to do stuff we want such as high industry, efficient mining or highsec ganking. But I feel it is the opposite and CCP is making changes that are increasing number of players/accounts you need to do stuff. All while the PCU is only going down.

I donā€™t want to multibox and I donā€™t. Still wonā€™t pay even for single account because I donā€™t like what CCP is (not) delivering.

3 Likes

@CCP_Swift Thank you for posting that as I have been wanting to say this since I started: the price of $20ā‚¬ monthly subscription isnā€™t negligible but the more I play the more I see how deep and interesting this game is and the more I think itā€™s worth it. I gladly spent cash to get PLEX and also bought the Gold Pack on Steam, so Iā€™m now Omega and loving it. Plus $20ā‚¬ isnā€™t going to make or break me anyway. Iā€™ve already cut down drastically on the fast food every month which means I certainly gain more than $20ā‚¬ once itā€™s all said and done.

1 Like

We will call it the CCP diet, helps your wallet and yourself lose weight.

Tell that to people in poor countries. Entitled arenā€™t we?

2 Likes

The CCP diet it is then. Besides, all that processed food can only lead to a bad ending. Personally I donā€™t need to lose any weight as I already lost 40lbs due to an onset of cancer thatā€™s now been delt with ( Iā€™m a survivor, even cancer cannot get me ) but I donā€™t want to regain the weight through fast food fats. I already feel healthier by trading the burgers for fruits.

3 Likes

Big congrats on your victory friend

1 Like

Thanks! I couldā€™ve been a goner a few times in my life already. Happy to still be here.

1 Like

@ Madamal Yiryi Dethahal

Well if no one speaks out about their not liking the price increase CCP will not know about the money potential that is held back from them unless they present a better deal.

Almost always there are complains about no feedback and no understanding why marketing fails and what the reasoning behind discontent might meā€¦ and here we areā€¦people are giving the feedback and are told to shut up for ā€œwhiningā€. Maybe you should get out of your isolated country now and then and get a feeling for the world and other peoples situations they might be in?

2 Likes

a lot are crying about ā€œeve never raised prices in 20 yearsā€ā€¦ wellā€¦ noā€¦ but lets even pretendā€¦

it was overpriced for 20 yearsā€¦
and after inflation it was about to catch upā€¦
but eve been almost normal on a price for a not normal game cant beā€¦ .so it had to be changed.
while they keep dumping eve money into craā€¦ i mean state of the art games which suddenly keep disappearing and dont make any moneyā€¦

soā€¦

from my feelingā€¦ the problems are somewhere elseā€¦ not inflationā€¦
butā€¦ greed is good right?

While i eat my avocado Toast, i hope enough did stop paying instead of just keep whining :D,

but if eve is worth 40$ per month for you, feel free too pay whatever suits you,

i reconcider it if i see a offer for 10$ max per month (like the first time omega bait offerings), thats more than enough for the 5 times i log into the game each month in average.

But 20$ for how it is now? Just to pay up for the mess and lost money for their adventures? ā€¦ - nah i pass.

8 Likes

I think the issue is the discrepancy between what PA deem a healthy game and what the community deem a healthy game.

It seems like PA believe that there could be 100 people left playing the game but as long as they hit budget then everything is hunky dory and successful because letā€™s face it, they are shareholders who care about nothing but money. However, the community who lives and breathes the game knows that population density is key to success. I started in 2017 so a toddler in Eve terms and it felt so alive back them. Now it feels barren.

Multiboxing was a big part of inflating that immersion and interaction, it might be false in real world population terms but it certainly helped Eve feel dynamic and alive so anyone against it is a fool, pure and simple.

PA and CCP need to look at ways to bring people in or increase multiboxing to make Eve feel alive again and then explore avenues for revenue generation.

Cat ears whenā€¦

5 Likes

yeah thats another point.

tbh i dont like multi-boxingā€¦ its just makeing off the playernumbers.
I mean, sureā€¦ if you can do it, and like to do itā€¦ and if its your way to go to play your own mining fleetā€¦ why notā€¦

never got the point of itā€¦ but i assume if you can upscale to a point you make x times the isk and with just less than x times the effortā€¦ and thats why so many do itā€¦

But if there is in average just one human behind 4-20 player ingameā€¦ its kinda sad.

I mean, getting a fight out of 20 different player in space instead of 1 Player with 20 Altsā€¦ its differentā€¦
soā€¦ getting more real player into spaceā€¦ instead of keep pushing the few remaining player into doing more and more altsā€¦ would be better ā€” in my oppinion- for the health of the game.

Hell if we would have the action and movement we had in 2013 when i played the first time,
the amount of real player in corps etcā€¦ i would maybe not even bother to pay 20$ per month or even more, couse i had a lot of fun.

But now, ns is held by a few ppl, who only agree to not letting small groups move inā€¦ beside that its almost everywhere just emptyā€¦ beside of some times a single ishtar ratting 24/7 here and thereā€¦

And the new prices will help for sure paying for their next stupid game they mess upā€¦
but not for eves healthā€¦ no matter if it comes to the multiboxing or real player healthā€¦

and thats what eve was always lacking of, and will now lack even more.

I will remain alpha, so i can check in from time to time,
will be enough and nothing is exactly what i am willing to pay for eve right now.

so have fun or not -whatever,
fly safe

7 Likes

Wast majority of those multiboxing alts are not visible or interact-able with.

They are alts that are doing industry jobs and PI in some nullsec citadel on demand and never move outside of their sector.
They are mining alts in highsec which you cannot wardec.
They are ganker alts who are docked/tethered till they land on their prey.

Some of them might be interact able with, but that still doesnā€™t make the space feel any more crowded than it is, in fact most players feels desperation when they run into these multibox fleets of miners or gankers.

3 Likes