[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

Ooo feedback thread.

cracks knucles

I’m one of those rare old players who only plays one account.

5$ dollars really doesn’t mean much, and I don’t think I’ve had to pay the sub itself since the change, the variety of packs at the 20-25 dollar range have been a good enough value. I’ve always said this is the best mmo and I don’t mind voting with my dollar. I enjoyed DUST 514 sooooo much, I’d be delighted to know any of that extra cost was going to the development of a successor that’ll see the light of day.

Rising plex to isk value means that if I do feel swiping the card not to grind, I actually get a meaningful value, but it’s not so bad that paying for Omega with ISK is out of the question, or even that much more difficult than it was before.

3 Likes

Good thing I already lost interest when Pearl Abyss got involved. I knew it was a good idea to escape the FOMO early. I still have about a month of PLEX, but at this stage I think I’m just going to let my account rot in the database and forget about CCP/PA as a whole.

9 Likes

I’m surprised that anyone even pays the $14.95… Good Luck!

2 Likes

Well, I personally play solo (no alts) just mine all the time when watching movies. Otherwise have a life and job and can dedicate maybe 5 hours per week. This is not enough for the grind to generate 2b isk for 500 plex. You roughly need around 70m, give or take, per day to be able to afford that.

So basically 2b for plex

• ships for pvp
  • ships for pve
  • losses eperienced through either of the previous
  • structures
  • etc. etc.

I switched to CC cause I dont want a job after my job. Then again, I understand players that run multiple accounts, all my mates run 2-3 accounts per head. And most of them just seem to be downsizing lately. Due to either no time, price increase and the lack of the fun factor.

Overall not happy with the Omega increase cause if you want to change the price, offer me something new…

2 Likes

You sir are not actually playing the game.

1 Like

Ive not got an issue with the price hike if and i mean if there was better content.
Today for instance i did 8 relic sites in Null. 5 sites give out a max of 4mil isk each hardly making it worth the risk to reward factor. 1 however was 102mil isk. But again that was a pure fluke.
Data sites again dont have the risk to reward factor.
Combat sites again ive done around 25 in the last few days. Only 1 spawned a faction ship. Again not really keeping the interest.

Agree with you, however higher reward in ISK doesn’t make the content itself any better. What you are getting fun from isn’t really content itself, but the reward. Simple human psychology.

So you can edit your post and replace content with reward. It will be more accurate.

1 Like

No they are not playing your game. Its a sandbox to play as you wish. Bob Rock is playing there game.

1 Like

He is botting, he is just doing that without software, but otherwise it is the same.

So, let me get this straight. You work hard in a job, to come home and play a game that has literally become a second job for you to play?

I recommend either budgeting money from your first job to play this game so the game is no longer a job for you and you can just enjoy it, or just leave this game and pursue something more life-giving and filling for you.

2 Likes

TL;DR: CCP if you don’t fix the prices back to what they were before, this game is at the end.

And here’s the proof:

So there was this price increase to 20$/€ by 35% for a single month of EVE Omega game time, I always wondered who could be so mentally challenged as to think that was a good idea. But well. Here we are, according to EVE-Offline :: EVE-Online Status monitor in the last month, there has been an average of 16000 players logged in.

In the last six months since the price increase, EVE has lost a whopping 7000 players on average, six months ago there was an average of 24000 players logged in, which was already 10000 players less than the all time average. Let that sink in.

Since it’s just an average, it’s safe to assume that EVE lost about 50% of its real players during that time.

Sure, it was a very hot summer in the northern hemisphere, but that doesn’t justify being back at 2004 player numbers (on average). I was in EVE Online at the time, and it seemed pretty empty then compared to EVE’s heyday. It wasn’t engaging. Not enough content.

Only player controlled structures, wormholes and filaments allow us to still find each other, but every week it feels a little less active.

When a sandbox is empty, it’s just a barren desert. What keeps me going is the fact that I’m a member of a huge and awesome community in EVE, the best and nicest imaginable, of course, the Pandemic Horde, a group of players that defeated the Imperium within a month of setting up and even killed the last anchored (Imperium) Keepstar on the same day (Thank you, Alterari Phoenix, for that, again!).
For no other reason I’m sticking with this. But if there’s no change in pricing policy, I promise you we’re already riding a dead horse. No new player will upgrade from Alpha, certainly not the younglings of today. They simply can’t afford it in times of energy crisis and won’t do it as long as there are games on the market that you can play for free for a lifetime.

And especially considering there were no Alpha accounts, almost no bots, and only a few people multiboxing, the 2004 average player count we’re seeing now is the harbinger of death for this game.

Please, let’s not unsubscribe because we’re bored to death in a desolate wasteland.

And no, fixing sounds and introducing adaptive sync into the game after 20 years will not solve this problem.

The price increase was the biggest error of the last two decades after a wave of already serious blows.

3 Likes

If you want them to take you seriously, you should probably knock this stuff on the head.

35% price increase , logged in players dropping from from 24000 to 16000 (33%).

Looks like ccp made a 2% profit, not a loss.

Nonsense, plenty of players around to pop your monkey boat

1 Like

Nonsense, as you would say…just nonsense and uncomparable… must have been the intention to provoke… will ignore further reasoning with you…

you are assuming they are all omega

1 Like

Without relevant data comparisons between then and now are only supposition.

What is missing is pre-price increase of, #of Omegas + #of alphas plexing { ie money to CCP ]vs #of alphas [ FTP mode ].

Then compare to todays numbers. These figures are only available to CCP. Without accurate information all comparisons are based on personal interpretation.

Zaera Keena

35% price increase , logged in players dropping from from 24000 to 16000 (33%).

Looks like ccp made a 2% profit, not a loss.

Without knowing how many Omegas and plexing Alphas vs how many FTP. You cannot place a value on the 24000 or the 16000. Raw logins is not the same as moneymaking log ins.

The only true state of the game will come with PA financials to it’s stockholders.

2 Likes

2004 player numbers (on average)

False. Not 2004 numbers, ats 2005 - 2006.

EVE lost about 50% of its real players

False. Again, read data properly and stop speculating.
Also, you analize accounts data, not real players data.

Overall CCP gets more data then us, and see if its alts leaving or real players, from what countries and so on. + they know real income and can prognose profits from different cohorts.

I think thats what hypothesis at CCP are now checking:

1. New players donate more per year for starter packs and so on (they have data)
  2. More donation needed for SP if you play 1 account (inject SP penalties)
  3. Multiboxing players hold lots of isk and not paying single $ for years (they have data)
  4. Privatization of content activity by 1-2 players (10-40 ships) leaves newbies without it
  5. Change narative: more isk to pay more accounts = access/success at all group content
  6. One account players are more healthy for community and retention

20$/m for EVE new players is cheap price as you don’t need to buy game itself, so they can start alpha for 3 month then play 3 month omega and thats 60$ for 6 month game content, ats more than any new patch of WoW can give you.

Mostly multiboxing used to achive highest isk/h to cover all omegas by doing worthy group content by one player. On the other hand they have the least isk spent. All this mining with 40 accounts, pochven obs with 4-5 players = 10-20 accounts and so on - going to be less and less profitable play style.

As for me its great if CCP keep going that way - new players will enjoy:

1. Grafics & music - no need to turn off for 10 accounts perform quick.
  2. Lore & Solo play - more solo activities to try like ARCs, abyss, or w friend World ARCs, and so on.
  3. Communication - group of players for group content, not bunch of accounts.
4 Likes

what i dont understand plex prize went x2 altough “only” 30% increase…
Why are players like this?
EVE-Marketer Plex price history

PLEX price doubling was more recent than the omega price increase, and separate from it. It’s been caused by a recent special on in-game purchases of Omega time with PLEX, where the month which normally costs 500 was reduced to 300 so -40% from normal price. That prompted a lot of market shenanigans which led to the prices jumping notably higher than usual, and they’re probably going to drop gradually now that the deal is over, not just collapsing instantly back to the old price. It’s how markets work.